• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

lowland4me

Reaction score
Haha thanks. Double monks are still my favorite dress shoe pattern and Vass one of my favorite shoemakers, but somehow I don't like how Vass double monks fit on me unfortunately. Otherwise I would not let such a stunning pair go.
Agreed, the Double Monk are a fav of mine as well. Someone ought to jump on here! Well maintained, beautiful, fairly priced, if only they were a UK 12! Good luck mate!

CrashBurner

Reaction score
Both these pair are 43.5. Boots are on F last, Short Wings are on the P2 last. Both have Vass installed topys and have been worn very infrequently. I need to take pictures of the 43s, so you have a little time @CrashBurner
They look fantastic! How does the F last fit in comparison to the P2? Thanks for the pics too.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look fantastic! How does the F last fit in comparison to the P2? Thanks for the pics too.
I wear the same size in both lasts, most people would. Largely fit the same but F is a little more shapely/ almond in the toe box, P2 is a little more round. Instep is the same for both.

CrashBurner

Reaction score
I wear the same size in both lasts, most people would. Largely fit the same but F is a little more shapely/ almond in the toe box, P2 is a little more round. Instep is the same for both.
Thanks for the info. I was looking at the cap toe boots but I think they might be slightly big.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was looking at the cap toe boots but I think they might be slightly big.
I own two boots on the F last and size TTS. Unfortunately I think a 43.5 would be too large for you.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
In case it is helpful, I sized up 0.5 from the F last for the U last. Seems to have worked out fine. S last on the way and I went with the same size as the U last based on Vass' advice. With that said, I'm at home so have only tried on the shoes at home.

Does anyone have knowledge about current MTO prices? Thanks.

sforum1

Reaction score
I watched many of your videos and you seem to not lose a chance to praise Vass. From my experience, these are indeed some of the greatest shoes out there that at these current prices make Lobb/EG/GG look like a huge waste of money. What surprises me though is looking at the pics above and I cannot see how you can still praise a brand that fits as horribly as these shoes do. I would not be able to do that. Somehow part of me would think that it's not just my feet but there must be something wrong with the shoes too. And who knows, there might be.
yeah that makes sense. Even though I have to correct myself because I just finished watching your
5 THINGS I HATE About Being A Menswear Enthusiast
video and no Vass mention haha. That's hilarious stuff though. So true, we can't even enjoy a wedding anymore, we constantly look down on people's feet and don't even talk about when you spot an Adelaide, you'll spend the rest of the evening trying to figure out whether it's the St. James or the AS Moore. I knew all along how ridiculous that is but sometimes it takes someone to spell it out for you the way you did to realize the severity of the problem. Keep it coming because even after I watched that I still went to look for an MTO.

gmehra

Reaction score

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes you're right. It's the U-last, not sure why I wrote F last there. My Buy/Sell posting even has it saying U last. Thanks for pointing it out
They look great, but I feel like one only needs a pair or two of double monks. Do you size F and U the same?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.