• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get moneys worth brand. Ordered off amazon!

Cobblers say don't buy the neatsfoot that have petroleum or other stuff mixed in.

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
Little update on my Barbour jacket off eBay. eBay won't refund the import charges because of their so called other fees outside of duty exemption from their shipping program. Next, the item was delivered but neither my concierge or myself has seen it. Add on to that, eBay wants a police report within a week to issue a refund. I might not even get a full refund. Now I'm out $200 if I can't a cop to talk to me.

yusufhar

Reaction score
Little update on my Barbour jacket off eBay. eBay won't refund the import charges because of their so called other fees outside of duty exemption from their shipping program. Next, the item was delivered but neither my concierge or myself has seen it. Add on to that, eBay wants a police report within a week to issue a refund. I might not even get a full refund. Now I'm out $200 if I can't a cop to talk to me.

That's unfortunate, hopefully things work out.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very likely the cops won't even bother because it's such a small amount and there's no evidence.

Take it to social media and call out eBay + the Global ShitService Program.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If there is no proof of delivery, eBay should side with you. If you want you can ask for some suggestions on this thread, these guys know eBay inside out.

WatchMeSpend

Reaction score
What brand of Neatsfoot oil does everyone use? Can only seem to find Fiebings in Canada. And where do you buy it? Mostly equestrian related stores carry it in Ottawa or the Prairie

WatchMeSpend

Reaction score
Lost & Found started carrying Carmina late last week. $525 for shoes and $565 for boots, pre-tax. Prices are lower than Leatherfoot and Soren Custom, thanks to CETA.

If you're under Size UK 7, you're out of luck this season. However, they told me that they can perform special orders, which is great if you know your sizing and don't object to paying full price. The conditions of that I don't know, but I'd expect it to be final sale.

For those wondering: they also carry Alden, White's and Viberg.

Anybody know if they will order other shoes from Carmina. I have enough boots and country shoes that are capable of kicking down a door in a rain storm from AE, C&J and Alden. I want some loafers.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if they will order other shoes from Carmina. I have enough boots and country shoes that are capable of kicking down a door in a rain storm from AE, C&J and Alden. I want some loafers.

When they told me about their special orders, they didn't say it was specific to the models they carry. Taking them for other styles should not be a big stretch anyway.

I'd say give them a call if you want to be certain.

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
If there is no proof of delivery, eBay should side with you. If you want you can ask for some suggestions on this thread, these guys know eBay inside out.
Thanks for the help.
eBay actually denied me a refund because the seller showed proof of shipping information. Which is odd because the tracking number is invalid according to Canada Post. I asked for an appeal and now have to get a police officer to file a report with me by the end of next week.The seller states she needs to find the receipt for the shipment and asks for patience as an appeal from the UK shipping company is hard.
I don't have social media so there goes that window. I am going to ask the credit card company to help me refund my money as a last resort.

WildeMan

Reaction score
Half Husky, just remember that when a credit card issuer refunds or reverses a charge, the merchant has other remedies at their disposal. The charge (and your liability) does not magically disappear.

I'm not suggesting that you are at fault. But there are (true) stories of people who successfully get CC charges reversed, only to find themselves prohibited from doing business with that merchant again, or worse, sued for the money. As Credit.com notes, "A chargeback isn't the same as a refund and shouldn't be viewed as an alternative."

Good luck. I hope you can get it resolved.

WM

maebach

Reaction score
Heard from a co-worker that Tom's place has a deal on in downtown. Not sure if anyone has been or can comment?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard from a co-worker that Tom's place has a deal on in downtown. Not sure if anyone has been or can comment?

I like Tom's Place. A deal can be had for sure. But it's like Winners. Depends on your luck, and depends if they have the item you're looking for.

Also, most of their stock is samples from manufacturers, so even if you find something you like, and for a good deal, you can't get a second or third one.

The sales staff are pretty aggressive, and will say anything to make a sale. I usually wait for their warehouse sales at the airport centre and ALWAYS wait for Tom at the cashier. He will always negotiate further.

Most guys on this forum hate Tom's Place. It's not for everyone.

Bjorling

Reaction score
Here's the sale, but I haven't been so can't comment. Says there are Corneliani shirts for $50. If anyone has been, let us know what the stock is like. Also, the Bloor St popup -- has anyone been there recently and can provide and update?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads