• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get moneys worth brand. Ordered off amazon!
Cobblers say don't buy the neatsfoot that have petroleum or other stuff mixed in.

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
Little update on my Barbour jacket off eBay. eBay won't refund the import charges because of their so called other fees outside of duty exemption from their shipping program. Next, the item was delivered but neither my concierge or myself has seen it. Add on to that, eBay wants a police report within a week to issue a refund. I might not even get a full refund. Now I'm out $200 if I can't a cop to talk to me.

yusufhar

Reaction score
Little update on my Barbour jacket off eBay. eBay won't refund the import charges because of their so called other fees outside of duty exemption from their shipping program. Next, the item was delivered but neither my concierge or myself has seen it. Add on to that, eBay wants a police report within a week to issue a refund. I might not even get a full refund. Now I'm out $200 if I can't a cop to talk to me.
That's unfortunate, hopefully things work out.

masernaut

Reaction score
Very likely the cops won't even bother because it's such a small amount and there's no evidence.

Take it to social media and call out eBay + the Global ShitService Program.

Ebichuman

Reaction score
If there is no proof of delivery, eBay should side with you. If you want you can ask for some suggestions on this thread, these guys know eBay inside out.

WatchMeSpend

Reaction score
What brand of Neatsfoot oil does everyone use? Can only seem to find Fiebings in Canada. And where do you buy it? Mostly equestrian related stores carry it in Ottawa or the Prairie

WatchMeSpend

Reaction score
Lost & Found started carrying Carmina late last week. $525 for shoes and $565 for boots, pre-tax. Prices are lower than Leatherfoot and Soren Custom, thanks to CETA.

If you're under Size UK 7, you're out of luck this season. However, they told me that they can perform special orders, which is great if you know your sizing and don't object to paying full price. The conditions of that I don't know, but I'd expect it to be final sale.

For those wondering: they also carry Alden, White's and Viberg.
Anybody know if they will order other shoes from Carmina. I have enough boots and country shoes that are capable of kicking down a door in a rain storm from AE, C&J and Alden. I want some loafers.

KaleidoscopicK

Reaction score
Anybody know if they will order other shoes from Carmina. I have enough boots and country shoes that are capable of kicking down a door in a rain storm from AE, C&J and Alden. I want some loafers.
When they told me about their special orders, they didn't say it was specific to the models they carry. Taking them for other styles should not be a big stretch anyway.

I'd say give them a call if you want to be certain.

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
If there is no proof of delivery, eBay should side with you. If you want you can ask for some suggestions on this thread, these guys know eBay inside out.
Thanks for the help.
eBay actually denied me a refund because the seller showed proof of shipping information. Which is odd because the tracking number is invalid according to Canada Post. I asked for an appeal and now have to get a police officer to file a report with me by the end of next week.The seller states she needs to find the receipt for the shipment and asks for patience as an appeal from the UK shipping company is hard.
I don't have social media so there goes that window. I am going to ask the credit card company to help me refund my money as a last resort.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If koji endo is indeed moving here.......
Looks like Koji Endo will be taking bespoke orders in toronto (with Marol)
3500 Eur first pair, 3000 onwards.

WildeMan

Reaction score
Half Husky, just remember that when a credit card issuer refunds or reverses a charge, the merchant has other remedies at their disposal. The charge (and your liability) does not magically disappear.

I'm not suggesting that you are at fault. But there are (true) stories of people who successfully get CC charges reversed, only to find themselves prohibited from doing business with that merchant again, or worse, sued for the money. As Credit.com notes, "A chargeback isn't the same as a refund and shouldn't be viewed as an alternative."

Good luck. I hope you can get it resolved.

WM

maebach

Reaction score
Heard from a co-worker that Tom's place has a deal on in downtown. Not sure if anyone has been or can comment?

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.