• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard from a co-worker that Tom's place has a deal on in downtown. Not sure if anyone has been or can comment?
I like Tom's Place. A deal can be had for sure. But it's like Winners. Depends on your luck, and depends if they have the item you're looking for.

Also, most of their stock is samples from manufacturers, so even if you find something you like, and for a good deal, you can't get a second or third one.

The sales staff are pretty aggressive, and will say anything to make a sale. I usually wait for their warehouse sales at the airport centre and ALWAYS wait for Tom at the cashier. He will always negotiate further.

Most guys on this forum hate Tom's Place. It's not for everyone.

Bjorling

Reaction score
Here's the sale, but I haven't been so can't comment. Says there are Corneliani shirts for $50. If anyone has been, let us know what the stock is like. Also, the Bloor St popup -- has anyone been there recently and can provide and update?

Chambertin

Reaction score
I was just there. There are indeed Corneliani shirts, in a wide range of sizes as well as a few other Corneliani items (saw a suit, overcoats). Everything else is not SF-approved brands though I did see a nice loro piana cashmere jacket in 44L.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just there. There are indeed Corneliani shirts, in a wide range of sizes as well as a few other Corneliani items (saw a suit, overcoats). Everything else is not SF-approved brands though I did see a nice loro piana cashmere jacket in 44L.
What were the non-SF approved brands?

Chambertin

Reaction score
From memory, bugatchi, tombolini, s cohen, strellson, jack victor, weather report, waterville, luciano brandi shirts, brax pants.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From memory, bugatchi, tombolini, s cohen, strellson, jack victor, weather report, waterville, luciano brandi shirts, brax pants.
Speaking for myself, nothing wrong with Strellspn, Jack Victor, and Braxx.

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
Hi guys - whats the consensus these days for re-soling here in Toronto. I had a pair resoled at Nicks a few years ago and while the job was fine I wouldnt say it was neat and tiday. I have a pair of carmina and zegna couture with holes in the soles and would really like a decent job done to keep the aesthetic of the shoes.

Thanks

whirlwynds

Reaction score
Try Gary coakley in London or dan Frappier heels and soles in sudbury

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys - whats the consensus these days for re-soling here in Toronto. I had a pair resoled at Nicks a few years ago and while the job was fine I wouldnt say it was neat and tiday. I have a pair of carmina and zegna couture with holes in the soles and would really like a decent job done to keep the aesthetic of the shoes.

Thanks
Coakleys in London.

Heels n Sole in Sudbury.

Fix em up repairs in Barrie.

Timeless shoe repair in Thunder Bay.

Quick Cobbler in Vancouver.

I have reviews on each of the above. The mail in costs is worth it if you love the shoes.

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
Coakleys in London.

Heels n Sole in Sudbury.

Fix em up repairs in Barrie.

Timeless shoe repair in Thunder Bay.

Quick Cobbler in Vancouver.

I have reviews on each of the above. The mail in costs is worth it if you love the shoes.
Thanks so much. Both London and Barrie are doable.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out their pics on Facebook. Just type in their shop names.

Gary Coakley, and Corey Hiltz are great guys to deal with.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would opt for JR leather soles. They are much more durable than most brands. Worth the extra $$$.

toplel

Reaction score
The sales staff are pretty aggressive, and will say anything to make a sale. I usually wait for their warehouse sales at the airport centre and ALWAYS wait for Tom at the cashier. He will always negotiate further.

Most guys on this forum hate Tom's Place. It's not for everyone.
There is a well rehearsed routine where Tom makes his offer & all the staff chime in to say what an incredible deal you're getting.

Cancer imo.

EddieK

Reaction score
There is a well rehearsed routine where Tom makes his offer & all the staff chime in to say what an incredible deal you're getting.

Cancer imo.
I've heard Tom's place can be very salespersony and pushy for sales. Which is not what you want when it comes to buying a suit. That's very different from other higher end menswear stores.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.