• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

araziza

Reaction score
For everyone, I don't know if you're on the styledemocracy website, but there's currently an event at the international center in Mississauga called the Luxury designer warehouse sale/ G-star raw sale. It ends on sunday. I've been browsing there, and most of it is crap (TONS of g-star and Superdry), HOWEVER, if you're a patient hunter, there are bargains to be found. I just made off like a bandit with a pair of Church's in my size for $60, and 2 pairs of wool Ermenegildo Zegna dress socks for $10 ea (less of a deal, but still not too bad). I saw a bunch of Boglioli suits and sport jackets as well as many Tod's and Doucal's shoes for around $60, as well as a pair of Canali shoes and a pair of boots by Maison Margiela (there was also balenciaga, prada etc... but I find those shoes don't look or feel as nice). There were some singular scattered suits/sportcoats by JPress, Sartoria Partaenopaeia, Prada, Corneliani, the italian Armani Collezioni and plenty of scattered stuff. If there are some hunters in the crowd it may or may not be worth your time.

KaleidoscopicK

Reaction score
Lost & Found started carrying Carmina late last week. $525 for shoes and $565 for boots, pre-tax. Prices are lower than Leatherfoot and Soren Custom, thanks to CETA.

If you're under Size UK 7, you're out of luck this season. However, they told me that they can perform special orders, which is great if you know your sizing and don't object to paying full price. The conditions of that I don't know, but I'd expect it to be final sale.

For those wondering: they also carry Alden, White's and Viberg.

Last edited:

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the price of Alden longwing calf? I actually have a pair in light brown that I will be looking to sell. Only worn a couple times. Thing is I bought a shell version of the same shoe so kind of pointless to have both. Just not sure what to price it at.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend cobbler Gary Coakley in London.

Jaggery

Reaction score
Checked out Nordstrom Rack on Bloor for the first time in a while. Decent mix of pants that looked like they could have come from the mainline stores. Saw some Canali, Pal Zileri, Nordtrom Signature (wool dress) and Hiltl (casual cotton blend), all between 100 and 200 CAD. A few E. Zegna and Jack Victor. The combinations of fabrics and sizes (largely 32-38 North American) were hit or miss.

Last edited:

heelguy

Reaction score
Was lucky enough to spend 4 nights in your lovely city recently. Was not in a shopping mode so just spent a few minutes in Harry Rosen. Loved the Shanghai-La hotel where they actually had shoe trees in the closet.

dqm45

Reaction score
Does anybody have recommendations for selvedge denim repairs (crotch blowout) in the GTA? Does anybody have experience with Denim Doctor?

Looking to get a pair of Samurai's repaired.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have recommendations for selvedge denim repairs (crotch blowout) in the GTA? Does anybody have experience with Denim Doctor?

Looking to get a pair of Samurai's repaired.
Via piana

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What brand of Neatsfoot oil does everyone use? Can only seem to find Fiebings in Canada. And where do you buy it? Mostly equestrian related stores carry it in Ottawa or the Prairie

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.