• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there, we are tackling each group separately with a token that reflects that we live according to our values.

We are starting first with the promised additional recompense for the group who purchased by the cut-off of March 8th 2020 and received a much-delayed, in-part unexpectedly surprise laden shoe in August 2020 and decided to hang onto them. I know a coupon to receive the v2 at Naked was provided but we said it wouldn't stop there.

I think over the past two years we have had much to make up for so once we clear this we can see what to do for each subsequent group as we have not forgotten just how much you have all stood by us. We have only been quiet as a lot of hard work has been going into creating a better concept and service which hopefully we can take forward together.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also a note, I had previously mentioned that we would be able to get a small repeat of Table by Archibald up and going pre-Christmas.
It looks like the timing has once again worked against our ambitions but should be able to begin Table by Archibald in q1 2022, a full year after our intended launch.

My apologies.

Last edited:

ThePetros

Reaction score
Unless I have missed something, the big recompense is that I am able to purchase new products at naked prices till 31/12/21?
Multiple products at naked prices + 5% of membership cost for a period.

I think it would’ve been easier to just say naked prices for 2 products or something.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the design of the new loafers going @ArchibaldRoh?
So there are two in play.

The Arienzo has been tested and uploaded and that will only be available with the special buttery soft suede we have now also offered on the UltraLight pairs.

There is another in development that is with a leather sole and a deerskin upper (lined with calfskin) and a Sacchetto construction. This was something we continuously got requests for, a flexible, comfortable loafer. We toyed with the idea of doing a forum survey but I think the plan is to ease back into things

Then finally, when we conclude on final plans and begin the new hand welted program again with new partners, these will be membership-only products (therefore only available at Naked) and I figure there will be some loafers through that. However, we are just awaiting some official legal documents to be released before mentioning anything further in relation to this as I think it will help bring clarity to the matter.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
Multiple products at naked prices + 5% of membership cost for a period.

I think it would’ve been easier to just say naked prices for 2 products or something.
Honestly, I don’t really understand the membership scheme and then I pay + 5% - I don’t get it! Maybe I am bring stupid!

Davakint

Reaction score
So there are two in play.

The Arienzo has been tested and uploaded and that will only be available with the special buttery soft suede we have now also offered on the UltraLight pairs.

There is another in development that is with a leather sole and a deerskin upper (lined with calfskin) and a Sacchetto construction. This was something we continuously got requests for, a flexible, comfortable loafer. We toyed with the idea of doing a forum survey but I think the plan is to ease back into things

Then finally, when we conclude on final plans and begin the new hand welted program again with new partners, these will be membership-only products (therefore only available at Naked) and I figure there will be some loafers through that. However, we are just awaiting some official legal documents to be released before mentioning anything further in relation to this as I think it will help bring clarity to the matter.
Oh shoot, completely missed that release. The other one in progress sounds interesting as well!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t really understand the membership scheme and then I pay + 5% - I don’t get it! Maybe I am bring stupid!

I don't think it is that at all...perhaps we need to improve how we communicate it on our page.

Membership means you get to shop at Naked prices.
Naked means it is sold at cost, so we can't really go below that.
To make Naked work long term we have come up with Membership.

There are three plans, each has a corresponding spending limit:

-Taste is entry level, it allows someone to purchase up to $750 worth of items at Naked pricing. The plan lasts for 3 months from activation and at the moment is priced at $69.
-Fellowship is middle tier, it allows someone to purchase up to $1650 with of items at Naked pricing. The plan lasts for 3 months from activation and at the moment is priced at $135.
-Savant is the top tier, it allows someone to purchase an unlimited amount of items (no spending limit). This plan lasts for 6 months from activation and at the moment is priced at $708.

It is a model that is intended to work similarly to Costco - pay a subscription, and get better pricing. For now, we haven't built a method to bill monthly but it will be done soon.

Basically, selling at cost is not a viable business plan. We did it for a reason and we almost got through it unscathed, survived, and chalked the losses up to an investment in growth... However, we all know what happened earlier this year, the large expenses and brand disrepute suffered as a result of it, and finally, some further revelations that came out once we started deep-diving across the business that mistakes were made in pricing products internally so we were selling quite a bit of merchandise at below Naked pricing (at quite a substantial loss).

Anyway, that is the past.

This is our future. There will be one final message about what happened earlier this year when we are ready to release it (and the official documents are produced) and then we move on with whoever would like to join us.

I understand that the gesture offered might not be for everyone, but for anyone who would like to use it I am excited to build out this next chapter together. We have a refreshed team and have spent the last 8 months working across product, craftsmen management, production management, technology, and finally business models to offer something we think might be quite nice.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh shoot, completely missed that release. The other one in progress sounds interesting as well!
There is a pair of the Arienzo in grey available immediately in a 42 for anyone who wants it.

Yes, I honestly wished we could have run a forum questionnaire for them but for many reasons we were just not ready to return here.

Having said that, in a few days the "Backed by you" initiative will go live which is meant to work hand-in-hand with the Membership to ensure there is a nice stream of relevant products to keep people engaged. This is effectively a Gustin-inspired addition that allows for us to only make certain products should enough people purchase it. It is more sustainable, ensures we aren't creating products no one wants, and gives us a better idea of the types of things you do want. The focus initially will be on footwear, woolens (with our new partners in Umbria), small leather goods, large leather goods, a new shirting line with a very reputable maker, and cloths from Alumo, etc. My hope is within the backed by you we can do some more forum-created product and give you all things you are really looking for. @cindyxarchibald

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I suppose for me it’s a question of, are those mid top blue suede ultra lights supposed to be in stock in the next three months?
The dark navy ones? There is one available right now in your size... not even a pre-order.
How did you find the low-top suede ones by the way?

Also just to clarify, the membership can be used across all items including ones on pre-order.

*edit: I saw some of them were not enabled for pre-order. This was an error on our side and has been fixed.

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dark navy ones? There is one available right now in your size... not even a pre-order.
How did you find the low-top suede ones by the way?

Also just to clarify, the membership can be used across all items including ones on pre-order.

*edit: I saw some of them were not enabled for pre-order. This was an error on our side and has been fixed.
Nope the light blue ones, those are ?.

As for the wine colored low top ultralights, I think I posted about them a while back. The just of it was, when I put them on I feel like I should be instantly transported to a castle, seated in a study surrounded by books, with a smoking jacket on, seated in a plush leather chair and a cigar or pipe in my mouth…lol.
Very luxurious.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I suppose for me it’s a question of, are those mid top blue suede ultra lights supposed to be in stock in the next three months?
The team will kill me for posting a picture like this but nevermind. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_194003.jpg
    IMG_20211202_194003.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 149

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope the light blue ones, those are ?.

As for the wine colored low top ultralights, I think I posted about them a while back. The just of it was, when I put them on I feel like I should be instantly transported to a castle, seated in a study surrounded by books, with a smoking jacket on, seated in a plush leather chair and a cigar or pipe in my mouth…lol.
Very luxurious.
Ah yes, just brought them back in for preorder. That was an error. That is interesting, I was skeptical about the sky blue but @cindyxarchibald insisted on it.

Haha, i might get a pair of the olive deerskin ones for Christmas as a treat :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads