• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Rewiag

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it has been about a year since the UltraLights were made available.

I was wondering if anyone had any comments or suggestions with respect to improvements?
I like them very much!
The single improvement i can think of is a tiny bit of reinforcement around the toecap area, so it does not look like my big toe is trying to punch trough the leather... :D

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I like them very much!
The single improvement i can think of is a tiny bit of reinforcement around the toecap area, so it does not look like my big toe is trying to punch trough the leather... :D

I second that. Overall, it's a great sneaker - I think you guys hit it out of the park with this one. I feel like there could be small improvements made if I were to think hard enough - the only thought I have is being able to slip them on a bit more easily if the tongue was attached to the vamp somewhere but thats really just being indulgent. Really love the supple deerskin - wish it was used in more styles.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second that. Overall, it's a great sneaker - I think you guys hit it out of the park with this one. I feel like there could be small improvements made if I were to think hard enough - the only thought I have is being able to slip them on a bit more easily if the tongue was attached to the vamp somewhere but thats really just being indulgent. Really love the supple deerskin - wish it was used in more styles.
Oh great, should we deploy in the SF?

@Rewiag comments on the toe cap means using it unstructured on some styles makes it so it won't work all that well without having it lined.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So we began working on the SF-02 again.

@cindyxarchibald worked on a second version and tried something a little different to how these are generally executed and we did it to explore a slightly different take to a slip-on that would work with all the leathers from the SF-01.

The plan is as follows:

We create two slip-ons.

One smarter and sits as the slip-on version of the SF-01. Same construction, same leathers. This is the SF-02 we always promised we would do.
A second slip-onto slot into the UltraLights series. Strobel construction, same leathers and perhaps an added canvas option.

The one pictured is a second attempt at the first.

For those of you who remember, the first attempt which we worked on didn't go so well and we decided to go back to the drawing board whilst still respecting the outcome of the survey we did. The main complaint was the sole thickness which meant creating it with the same Serena style sole from the SF-01 wasn't a good idea.

We already find the shape of the shoe needs a little work, with this being way too bulbous upfront. It is sort of unnecessarily rounded and we want to go for a slicker version. So we can adjust that, however, my main question is to do with your thoughts on the back and the way it all comes together. The ribbing style isn't incredibly common in this type of pair and I'm not to sure about it personally.

We are working on listing all changes and perhaps going for a more universal and common approach in terms of executing the shape but felt it would be a good idea to hear your thought before doing so.

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 4.29.39 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 4.28.19 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 4.27.50 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 4.27.49 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 4.27.48 PM.jpeg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So we began working on the SF-02 again.

@cindyxarchibald worked on a second version and tried something a little different to how these are generally executed and we did it to explore a slightly different take to a slip-on that would work with all the leathers from the SF-01.

The plan is as follows:

We create two slip-ons.

One smarter and sits as the slip-on version of the SF-01. Same construction, same leathers. This is the SF-02 we always promised we would do.
A second slip-onto slot into the UltraLights series. Strobel construction, same leathers and perhaps an added canvas option.

The one pictured is a second attempt at the first.

For those of you who remember, the first attempt which we worked on didn't go so well and we decided to go back to the drawing board whilst still respecting the outcome of the survey we did. The main complaint was the sole thickness which meant creating it with the same Serena style sole from the SF-01 wasn't a good idea.

We already find the shape of the shoe needs a little work, with this being way too bulbous upfront. It is sort of unnecessarily rounded and we want to go for a slicker version. So we can adjust that, however, my main question is to do with your thoughts on the back and the way it all comes together. The ribbing style isn't incredibly common in this type of pair and I'm not to sure about it personally.

We are working on listing all changes and perhaps going for a more universal and common approach in terms of executing the shape but felt it would be a good idea to hear your thought before doing so.

View attachment 1769091

View attachment 1769092

View attachment 1769093
View attachment 1769094

View attachment 1769095
I love this...
Mainly because you don't have to worry about getting laces that look lousy.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Love the look of the shoe, but really don't like the contrast with the sole. Is a gum sole available?

Sfreer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it has been about a year since the UltraLights were made available.

I was wondering if anyone had any comments or suggestions with respect to improvements?
I'd like more color, and if it is possible to attach the tongue to the side, because in my case the tongue twist around the feet

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And what do we think of the ribbing specifically?
The idea was to basically elevate the structured sneaker and give it a little bit more of a dressy feel. This will work in contrast to the shape and style we are going for with the UltraLight version.

Love the look of the shoe, but really don't like the contrast with the sole. Is a gum sole available?
Will be available in the same options as the SF-01 when we land the final silhouette.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
I like the ribbing a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads