• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The stupidest things you get complimented on.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things that always receive compliments when you wear them, even though you are vaguely embarrassed to have them on.

Allow me to begin:

- a blue plastic "leather" jacket that is really fitted, from the "Sears Put-On Shop" (presumably 1970s)

- brown leather ankle boots that are destroyed, literally -- I have ripped the entirety of the lining out as it fell apart, the leather has been pulled off of the toebox in spots, and I initially bought them when I was a pretty young teenager (I'm 22 at the moment). They were too small for my feet, but I desperantely wanted ankle boots, and so I strained for about ten minutes to get them on. From there, I just walked in them for weeks until they fit. There's probably a good amount of blood in these.

- Seven for all Mankind jeans. They look fine and aren't really overtly branded, but I'm all too aware of their cache...

These all regularly draw compliments when worn, to the point of being noticeable. I thought of this because I wore these items in tandem this evening when I had to do something unexpected -- I figured I'd go the full trainwreck.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I always get complimented on my Nudies, because girls like the wave. Never any compliments on my APCs, Helmut Lang or PBJs that have no backpocket stitching.

manifest v

Reaction score
+1 on the sevens... they are now my pajamas cuz I really don't wanna be known for wearing 'em. The quality of the denim is crap but I guess it's all about that back pocket design.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This gray camo "bullet hole" distressed Diesel hoodie from like 4 years ago. I purchased it back in my diesel days, and although it does have what look like bullet holes, I still really, really like it...

tundrafour

Reaction score
Versace glasses. They're just plain old square, black, plastic glasses (I bought them at Lenscrafters, even!); I don't think I'd ever get any compliments on them at all if weren't for "Versace" being printed on the side.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've never been complimented by women when wearing non-branded clothing except when dressing up is involved. I've been complimented twice when wearing non-branded clothing by men, one was by a gay man and the other was by a denim head employee at Up Against the Wall who probably is on SuFu since he knows of Ande Whall.

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
I'm not very approachable to people, so I can honestly say I can't remember being complimented on what I'm wearing. Cars and motorcycles, yes. Clothes, no.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i really haven't had too many annoying brand comments. as a matter of fact, before i sold my PBJ's i got compliments from a couple of girls about the denim itself like the color and the texture which surprised me alot, before they were able to see the back pockets.

i'll tell you what i hate getting compliments on though haha. i have these minnetonka bootie looking house shoes i wear in the winter, and occasionally out in public when i go places that i could give two sh!ts about what people think of me or what i'm wearing (if you want to rag on me for that, fine, but i'm really over it haha). i HATE when girls say 'omg i LOVE your uggs!'

toyo

Reaction score
Hmmm, my shoes. Plain, ordinary looking sneakers. eh... don't much of anything anyways though, lool.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i never get compliments.

basically i pay a lot of money to look invisible. I like it that way.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Welcome FTB,

I stand out by not standing out.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once had a girl yell "Nice Ass" at me when I was filling up my car at the Gas Station. I lack a definable ass so that was kinda Ridiculous. I often get girls complimenting me/being Jelous of my eyelashes, it seems very strange of a thing to say to a guy but its been happening since I was a kid.

Also Jet, You better ease up on the gas, your avitar's Traction Control is coming on.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Haha me too. I've gotten so many compliments on the lashes ever since I was a little kid.

Btw, my dsc is always off in the m so the light is always on. I just liked the flashing one because it was animated haha.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good, Im glad to see that Other Long Dark Eyelashed men get complimented and lean towards the stylish side (perhaps its something hardcoded in our Genes, hahaha)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads