• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just bought a pair of Wolverine Montague chelsea boots from their 1000 Mile line, and love them.

fit: I had to size down 1 whole size just like the regular ones and they fit like a glove. I'm an 11.5 in street shoes and 10.5 in these.

They are slightly tight side-to-side, but will surely break in, so people with wide feet might
want to size down only a half size, or try them on to decide.

construction: The leather is Horween and is beautiful and will definitely patina well. The boot is also sleeker in the
vamp than RM Williams, so it ought to not wrinkle as much as other chelsea boots

problems: I wish these had an inside zipper to make them easier to get on and off; absolutely need a shoe horn to put them on

pics of mine are below and they look GREAT with jeans. Available online at Gimmeshoes.com for $250, which
is a heck of a good deal for Horween leather boots with Goodyear construction. They feel great on, too

Wolverine Montague chelsea boot

Upper: Horween Predator Leather
Lining: Leather Sheepskin
Footbed: Full Leather Over Foam
Midsole: Leather
Welt: Leather
Outsole: Leather/Rubber
Construction: Goodyear Welt

IMG_5704.jpg

d-nice

Reaction score
I am on the hunt for a new pair of boots. I have quite a few pairs of boots already just copped some JV convertible boot's last week for daily winter wear. Now I am looking for a pair of black boots to wear going out at night. Something versatile to be paired w/ DH raws, leather jackets, wool outwear, cardigans, etc. Basically something you can wear out to bars, dinner, etc. I can't seem to find anything decent. I found some Officine Creative boots on the Barneys website that have the silhouette of what I am looking for but they are brown. I have also been looking at N.D.C but I can't seem to find anything that jumps out at me. I am not feeling Aldens or RW's for my style. Can anyone recommend anything like this...

http://www.barneys.com/Ankle%20Boot/...efault,pd.html

d-nice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
how about dark grey instead of black? more contrast than black at night and cooler looking

http://www.barneys.com/Lace-Up%20Boo...efault,pd.html

Thanks man... good suggestion. That's funny because I thought I searched the Barney's website high and low but somehow didnt see those. That is right along the lines of what I am looking for. I just wonder how the quality of those are?

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by d-nice
Thanks man... good suggestion. That's funny because I thought I searched the Barney's website high and low but somehow didnt see those. That is right along the lines of what I am looking for. I just wonder how the quality of those are?

they're the Made in Italy boots, so most likely Blake stitching, so not as durable as Goodyear welted

wait for a sale and you can probably get them 30-40% off

alternatively, for your intended use, I would seriously consider the black version of the Wolverine Montague chelsea boot I talked about above

$250, Goodyear welted, fantastic leather and chelsea boots look a lot nicer for going out than lace-up's, but that jmho

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thinking about kopping these for some brown beater boots:

Officine Creative:
OfficineCreativebrown_1286223730016.jpg

OfficineCreativebrown_1286223706223.jpg

d-nice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
they're the Made in Italy boots, so most likely Blake stitching, so not as durable as Goodyear welted

wait for a sale and you can probably get them 30-40% off

alternatively, for your intended use, I would seriously consider the black version of the Wolverine Montague chelsea boot I talked about above

$250, Goodyear welted, fantastic leather and chelsea boots look a lot nicer for going out than lace-up's, but that jmho

Good info. I have some JV chelsea boots already so I am really looking for lace ups. My local Barneys (Boston) doesnt have them but NYC does. I would have to order them... I wonder how they look in person? Thanks again

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eckblk
thinking about kopping these for some brown beater boots:

Officine Creative:
OfficineCreativebrown_1286223730016.jpg

OfficineCreativebrown_1286223706223.jpg

lol @ eckblk kopping 1k boots for beaters hahaha

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
lol @ eckblk kopping 1k boots for beaters hahaha
Is that boot really 1k? I got quoted at around 400 euro shipped. I like the toebox and overall shape not sure about OC quality. I see them on Luisaviaroma for 1k.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just google searched it and came up with 1k

Your the jet of footwear homie

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
I originally started with 9D's, which is my size in most shoes.

9D = was way too tight in the toe box (esp on pinky toe)
9E = too loose in the heel, and toe still kind of uncomfortable
9.5D = too long, heel slipped out and toe of shoe creased terribly. Toe box was perfect here though.

I've basically given up on AE. I wish there was another brand out there for the price-point that was similar.

(Looking for non-corrected grain leather, goodyear welted, < $300 )

Sounds like you need something with a big toe box when compared to the heel - I would look for AE's on the 3 last and give those a shot. Not sure if there was a PTB made on that last, though. Iirc, two AE models made on the 3 last were the AE Brentwood (moc toe or apron toe blucher) and the Chester (bal wingtip).

I think Alden's Barrie last is probably the best thing you might get.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads