• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
You know, now that I think about it, I have never seen that model on sale. JV shoes and boots can be found on discount all the time, but that model may be an exception. I would call around and keep an eye on Ebay. A lot of people sell brand new JV stuff on Ebay for steal.
I'll hit them up and keep an eye out. Supposedly that is their most popular boot, so I can't imagine them ever going on sale outside of the summer. I'll go to the stores in NYC that sell them and see. Even if they don't go on sale, they are such a nice boot I think it would be a worthy investment...

tellure

Reaction score
For people looking for the standard Alden Indy in default brown waxhide, this place seems to be selling 'em cheaper than most ($378 vs $435 at Shoemart). I just ordered a pair.

alden-indy-boot-1005o.jpg

http://www.menshoenet-alden-shoes.co...Boot__405.html

Is it just me or are all the stock pics of Alden's terrible? If I hadn't seen these boots in person I would still think they are butt ugly.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Indys in general are ugly.

sol

Reaction score
is it possible to find a nice pair of boots under 125 dollars?

or maybe I need to sack up and save a little

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moo guys in the SuFu boots threak would be so moist with those shots

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No I'm not being sarcastic, they love the roy boots over there man, go post them. They look better then the context 30 day break in ones for sure.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
No I'm not being sarcastic, they love the roy boots over there man, go post them. They look better then the context 30 day break in ones for sure.

OK. Which thread should I post in? Link?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Can anyone ID these? I found them at a thrift store and felt like I couldn't not get them:

BootsIDoverhead.jpg

BootsIDside.jpg

BootsIDinteriorprinting.jpg

BootsIDsole.jpg

The printing on the outsole says "ARMORTRED OIL RESISTING", which is absurd in a way that I kind of like, at least as I think about it now while the melatonin is kicking in.

Also, while I'm sure the Rachel Comey boots in the post above are great quality-wise (and the overall silhouette is fairly appealing), there's something about the pebble-graining that doesn't appeal to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads