• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of Black Tie: Your Observations

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my world and you all are just living in it.
IMG_1323.jpeg

IMG_1321.jpeg

IMG_1317.jpeg

IMG_1338.jpeg

sftiger

Reaction score
This is my world and you all are just living in it.

Saw you tag Divij Bespoke on Instagram. Did MyTailor shut down? Their website doesn’t work and doesn’t redirect anywhere, but I’m wondering if Divij Bespoke is the new branding? Or what’s the deal?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw you tag Divij Bespoke on Instagram. Did MyTailor shut down? Their website doesn’t work and doesn’t redirect anywhere, but I’m wondering if Divij Bespoke is the new branding? Or what’s the deal?
Joe Hemrajani has semi-retired and Divij, his son, has taken on the main duties. And, yes, Divi Bespoke is the new branding, and reflects Divij's intention of putting more focus on the company's bespoke offerings. I think the original intent might have been to run the two businesses side-by-side, but Covid put an end to that. The new website is Divij.com and looks quite similar to the old website. Divij has recently started traveling again, at least here in California, and their showroom in Costa Mesa is still there.

One of the great things about Divij and Hemrajani before that is their enthusiasm for experimental commissions like this gold velvet jacket and ivory trousers. They always knock it out of the park.

sftiger

Reaction score
Interesting - thanks for the info. He should setup a redirect from the old site to the new, as I bet I’m not the only one who’s gotten confused, plus hate to think of how much traffic he might be losing as a result!

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure your second sentence was terribly clever and cutting, but it was utterly lost on me. Care to explain the insult?

No insult at all!

You and your wife look very happy (and terrific), and you're wearing yellow, so it seemed like a good opportunity to get some additional use out of song lyrics.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No insult at all!

You and your wife look very happy (and terrific), and you're wearing yellow, so it seemed like a good opportunity to get some additional use out of song lyrics.
Oh, I see. Then please accept my unreserved apology. An online trap I've fallen into many times is that some ways of expression oneself are simply lost in the context-less written word. Litotes and irony are the prime examples. I think there's even an "internet rule" about it.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big fake-out. After the first two pics, I was expecting tennis shoes. Still looks like you were having fun.
Nope. I have ordered some ivory suede slippers from Mount Street Shoe company in London. Hoping to get them in a couple of weeks' time.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There we go. Dressing up the blazer for the yacht club.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads