• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the profoundly unofficial I Sarti Italiani thread

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, they have a shop in Marsala as well, which has both various Marsala wine production, and not - Donnafugata makes a variety of non-Marsala wines. I am an existing customer who dropped by there the October before last to pick over swatches and have some tastings later on a day trip from Trapani. Basically, that is not a bad corner of Sicily to spend a long weekend in.

I (American, read as 8 hours minimum to get to Sicily) basically view that NE corner of Sicily as interesting enough that I would try to both get measured + have a first fitting if I were going to be there for 3-7 days. I am the type of weirdo, however, that arranged 3 appts with B&Tailor when I spent 2 weeks in Seoul year ago. I would generally view 2 fittings on the first order as highly desirable, and this would be after having gotten measured on the first meeting.

Nilles

Reaction score
Oh I was aware of the other shop, but not of the wines. I'll keep that in mind as a future option.

I'll discuss having more fittings, I assume that's the default anyways. I have no problem coming in more often but I'd hope to arrange it in conjunction with fittings for the shoes. Alternatively I might have to consider something on the mainland to make visits more economical.

konoyaro

Reaction score
I recently received an email from I Sarti Italiani with upcoming trunk show dates:

New York: Nov. 18th - 19th - 20th
San Francisco: Nov. 24th - 25th - 26th

Specific locations still TBD...

notalex

Reaction score
I recently received an email from I Sarti Italiani with upcoming trunk show dates:

New York: Nov. 18th - 19th - 20th
San Francisco: Nov. 24th - 25th - 26th

Specific locations still TBD...
Thanks for sharing! I want a three piece suit for my wedding in March of next year. A few questions:
- will this be enough time for a suit to be made and delivered?
- do they do three piece suits?
- are they highly preferable to the likes of Kent Wang, and local MTM?

james.darley

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! I want a three piece suit for my wedding in March of next year. A few questions:
- will this be enough time for a suit to be made and delivered?
- do they do three piece suits?
- are they highly preferable to the likes of Kent Wang, and local MTM?

I would recommend that you reach out to Salvo directly at [email protected].

However, these are my preliminary answers.

1) If bespoke, it would be highly unlikely that your suit would be made and delivered by March 2024. Salvo typically travels to NYC only twice per year. The typical bespoke process for a first time customer is the following:

Meeting 1: Measurements, pick fabric, and pick style/details
Meeting 2: 1st fitting on basted garment. Mark ups and changes.
Meeting 3: 2nd fitting. Additional changes noted if necessary. Garment finalized and shipped to you a few weeks after the 2nd fitting.

Given his biannual travel to NYC, you would be looking at a minimum of a year for bespoke.

However, I do believe that Salvo offers MTM in Sicily. I am unsure if this is an option at his trunk shows. So maybe, he could take your measurements in November and go straight to a finished garment. The only way to find out would be to email him.

2) Yes, he can do a three piece suit.

3) If Salvo is unable to do it, then my recommendation would be to look for a local bespoke tailor ASAP or find a reputable MTM shop in your area. I can't comment about Kent Wang since I have never used them, but I have seen mixed reviews.

If you are NYC based and simply looking for a well fitting suit with no clear individual stylist preferences, then I would take a look at LS Men's Clothing, J Press, Sartoria Carrara via No Man Walks Alone, or the Armoury for MTM. LS Men's and J Press lean more American trad style, the Armoury has several stylistic options, and Carrara is soft Italian tailoring. All would be able to make you a nice suit for your wedding and would have samples onsite, so you could see how you look in the company's base pattern.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any plans in the works? DHL should be dropping some fabric off to Salvo in a day or two. I might also hump a length or two with my to NYC - I have a trouser's length of :

dv_2022_02_16_04_26_08_29402.jpg

Dugdale Invincible Dark Grey Cav Twill

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trekking up to NYC for a fitting in a few weeks for a new glen plaid spring/summer jacket and blue-grey trousers...also want to pick Peter and Salvo's brain on if they can do a faithful reproduction of a Liverano-style Ulster/Doppio Uso and some possible fabric choices for that. Would be interested to hear from people who have done an overcoat/top coat with I Sarti...

Jacket:
jacket.JPG

Trousers (Drapers Ascot 4-ply):
trousers.JPG

Potential Ulster coat on deck:
Liverano Ulster.png

Last edited:

Ghotihead2001

Reaction score
Ive got a NYC appointment coming up. Ive currently got a few things in progress with other tailors so i was second guessing my need to start something with ISI.

I've got 2 sport coats, 1 suit and a pair of trousers in progress with other tailors (Corcos, Solito, Steed). Im kinda new to this bespoke world and havent in the past worn a lot of tailoring so maybe im overdoing it (my M.O.).

On the other hand I really like the slouchy "Zottolo" cut suits but I def am more of a sport coat guy than a suit guy...so im not really sure what direction to go in....or if i even need more stuff at all...

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive got a NYC appointment coming up. Ive currently got a few things in progress with other tailors so i was second guessing my need to start something with ISI.

I've got 2 sport coats, 1 suit and a pair of trousers in progress with other tailors (Corcos, Solito, Steed). Im kinda new to this bespoke world and havent in the past worn a lot of tailoring so maybe im overdoing it (my M.O.).

On the other hand I really like the slouchy "Zottolo" cut suits but I def am more of a sport coat guy than a suit guy...so im not really sure what direction to go in....or if i even need more stuff at all...

You might be disappointed with ISI coming from Corcos, steed and solito.

Ghotihead2001

Reaction score
You might be disappointed with ISI coming from Corcos, steed and solito.
i dont even have any of those finished pieces yet... but tbh i was a bit curious when i noticed ISI base price list was almost half of those other tailors.

whats up with that?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont even have any of those finished pieces yet... but tbh i was a bit curious when i noticed ISI base price list was almost half of those other tailors.

whats up with that?
That's only CMT, and I don't think it's half of Corcos, steed possibly.

Moraga'd

Reaction score

whats up with that?
I've commissioned many, many pieces with I Sarti. I've also used Steed, Solito and Fred Neddiu/Taillour. I am pleased with all of these tailors, but I will say that working with I Sarti was a bit more of an iterative process for me. Let it be known that as I also started with Salvo on my bespoke journey, that lower price point has been a less painful tuition to pay........

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think there are probably 2 well considered schools of thought here:

You are going too fast, hit the brakes, take delivery of some stuff, come back in a year after you wear your stuff and figure out if your head is in the same place

Or

I Sarti's pricepoint may be reasonable enough for you to do something you wouldn't otherwise be willing to try.

As in, if the stuff you have in flight is intended for 9-5 use, taking reception of them might not scratch the itch or answer any questions you may have if your goal is for something off hours/non work related/etc.

Also, I will add that I think some of Peter's recent stuff is "running hot" - I think he has later trousers fuller than earlier commissions, etc. I don't think I Sarti's style is necessarily evolving at that pace, but rather Peter is tweaking things to his preference. My I Sarti trousers aren't as full, for instance, but are also not at all "Suit Supply How You Like My Calves? Slim".

It is bit like how Vox Sartoria iterated his preferences with Steed over years worth of commissions - there probably came a time where he just became representative of what Steed can do, but less representative of what you are likely to get.

@UrbanComposition can certainly correct me . But this is basically a lot of noise because I don't think I have any useful pictures to share of me in my I Sarti suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads