• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jowen

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a couple Southwick suits? They weren't really my style and it doesn't look like they flip easily, so I didn't pick them up, but I think Southwick has been mentioned here before. I would be happy to proxy if anyone is interested. One black pinstripe and one light brown pinstripe, the jackets fit me well, so about a 40R, pants looked to be about 34x32, pleated and cuffed. Also, they were dirt cheap...$8 or so if I am remembering correctly. PM me if interested and I will go back for them.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short 40 R Wilkes Bashford 3-2 sportcoat. Tan cashmere. I won it off ebay from Man o Lint, but it's a bit too long, and makes this short guy look even shorter. It's a great piece though, and is super nice.

There are a few small blemishes at the very bottom of the vents from where someone ripped out the basting. Not a big deal at all, and it doesn't detract from the coat. Anyone want it for what I paid, which was a very good deal?

The deets: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261090735462?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

JustinP

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL map, Mark! Great touch for your studio, absolutely...

Not much for me today clothes-wise (found some suede chukkas that fill a gap in my wardrobe and some Mezlan cap-toes for eBay fodder), but I did find this badass WWII map. This thing's going up in my recording studio!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the stuff I found today. My son's been bugging me for some bean boots, so I was pretty excited to find these today, pretty much mint

Also a NWT Armani Collezioni shirt, 18L

and these Majer chocolate flannels that fit well.

A couple ties

lands end silk knit, probably available

Pendleton wool repp tie (or regimental stripe? What's the difference?)

Picked this up for myself because I like the style and it fits well... It'll fill a spot until I find a better version.

Oh the shame
lol8[1].gif

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good score on the Armani Grendel, nice shirt real nice.

I never understand the L on these dress shirts, L presumably meaning Long. A Charvet shirt I had to let go was a 17.5L, but those sleeves were anything but long. Is the L then meaning large? Only problem is that Charvet was not particularly large, measuring out to a fairly normal fitting shirt.

Does 18L mean 18 Large fit, i.e. for big fat dude rather than a trim well heeled tall Adonis?

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
We're still travelling and have been busy but I've been able to keep up with some of the stuff here. I was happy until I saw gold cufflinks and all of the other crazy stuff that's been posted! Congrats to all!

Tonight we're staying at some terrible hotel in Arizona, so the pictures are also terrible. The lighting was hard to utilize.

In Phoenix, we stayed at a hotel that opened a few months ago. I got a kick out of this, so I thought I'd share. An Etro toiletry set:

On to the thrift finds...

I saw a few people mention down parkas and happened to find this. North Face down parka. It has one small repair on the sleeve.

Burberry Polos. I think they're real, but this stuff is faked so often I'm always unsure.

Canali polo in great condition. Size 58 and available.

Brioni shirt.

Zegna shirts.

Zegna pullover.

Incotex for Zegna wool pants.

Holland & Sherry shirt. It has an issue that I didn't notice. There are a couple of tears near the side seam. I will get some measurements, but if someone is interested in it and wants to have it taken in on the sides, it's yours for my cost.

Allen Edmonds San Marco

Silk square.

An ugly (my opinion) Ferragamo tie.

Ugly Zegna tie that was just cheap enough to buy.

It probably won't get love here but I liked it. A Chinese made Theory jacket. Patch pockets and it fits well untailored.

I sometimes forget that this is the place to post good deals in general, not necessarily thrift finds. Here are a few things I've picked up for myself at a steep discount.

Drakes tie for $30.

PRL tie that I'm not crazy about but was blinded by the $3 price.

Charvet tie for $10. Is this a grenadine that I always read about? It got a bit folded in transit, hopefully it will flatten.

Tumi iPad case for $10

Ralph Lauren suede loafers for $30. I thought they were women's at first, but they fit and the size matches to a man's size. Either way, they don't look feminine and I'll wear them.

Blue Incotex cords for $30. I plan on wearing them with grey tweed. Any other suggestions?

RLPL aviators for $50

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

In Phoenix, we stayed at a hotel that opened a few months ago. I got a kick out of this, so I thought I'd share. An Etro toiletry set:

Are you in your boxers snapping pics? :lol:

Looks like I just missed you by a few weeks.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Are you in your boxers snapping pics? :lol:
Looks like I just missed you by a few weeks.

Haha, I had to study that picture to see what the hell I was doing. I'm most certainly fully clothed as I took the picture about a minute after I set the bags down. I believe that is my arm but my wife in the background...it looks like it could be her dress.

How did you like your stay?? We had a good time and couldn't get enough of the heat...the weather was great.

Last edited:

Jermyn

Reaction score

Burberry gets faked like the Bejeesus.  Every time I list a genuine Brit Burberry item on eBay it gets flagged for review and "released" after 18 hours or so...

When I was in Bicester village recently, an SA told me that Burberry recently had to change their returns policy.
Apparently a Chinese couple went in and dropped £30,000 on a multitude of items. A decent sum but not record breaking for the store.

They came back 3 weeks later and returned every single item.
Apparently it wasn't the first time this had happened at the store and others in Bicester have reported similar stories.

The couple were most likely shipping all the stuff to China, having the patterns copied and then returning the whole lot.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would you do?
Isaia sportcoat, mother of pearl buttons, Aquaspider wool, my size. The downside: black.

Can I make this work, a la Spoo? Or is a black jacket to be shunned, no exceptions?
Also:

Vintage Brooks Brothers varsity jacket, M (available). I picked up the exact same model last year.

I would totally rock that black Isaia with some grey pants. Here, send them to me and I'll post some thrift fit pics for you!
mwink[1].gif

Man, that BB varsity is the *****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads