• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mox C

Reaction score

what the hell it is?

7932937342_91a00a6b8e.jpg

Qui-Gon Jinn's formal robe?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MYSTERY GIVEAWAY ROUND
Who fits these measurements or know someone who does, likes Holland & Sherry fabric on bespoke, and has a $20 in their pocket in the US or $35 overseas?
pit to pit 23.5
sleeves from seam 27
shoulder seams across 21.25
across waist 21.75
length from box 34.25
--
waist 18.75
hips 23.5
inseam 34.5
at cuff 9.75 with 1.75" cuffs and 1.25" under
rise 13

in stitches

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RLPL tie (unavailable):

Great finds! That's an awesome looking drawer.

The mystery continues! Now with better pics!

Ok. What the hell is this? It's an overcoat, but there are no buttons anywhere and there's no belt or a place for a belt, so it's just this cloak-like thing. Tagged 42, which seems about right for US sizing, but it was made in Germany. I'm obviously not keeping this and picked it up because a) it was a first for me and b) it seemed cool.

So can anyone help with vintage and ... what the hell it is?

That's so minimalist just like any other Sander pieces I've seen. I ran into a 2 piece women's suit made by her. I almost picked it up but it was so boring looking...

It came with a vest as well but fittingly, no pants. I didn't bother searching the pants racks to find the 'Mate but if they were there, I bet they had centerfolded them.
IMG_20120904_134210.jpg

Wow!
So, I went to my most frequent thrift today (I'm there at least 3 times per week). The same woman is my cashier at least 2 out of the 3 times. She knows me fairly well, as far as what I like to buy and what nights I come usually come in. She is confortable enough to make small talk about her pain ********** neighbors or whatever else is going on in ther day to day life. Well tonight I got to the counter, after a few fruitless visits, and she remarked that I finally found some stuff. Then she said...."YOUR A SENIOR CITIZEN RIGHT?"

WTF!!!!!
ffffuuuu.gif

FML!!!!!
baldy[1].gif

For those of you who don't know me that well on here, ....I am 32....

YIKES!!!

Damn!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Does your school have a dress code?

Sometimes the bad turns to good. Sold a shirt on eBay for $19 - it was an OK smallish profit, but the guy never paid. After closing the eBay case and getting my fees refunded etc, I relisted it and it sold for $37, and they paid. eBay is weird that way - you can list something 2 or 3 times and it gets no attention, and the next time you get multiple people bid-warring over it. ...or, list something with an opening bid and buy-it-now option; and it gets bid up past the original buy-it-now (I love when that happens).
Depending on what you were thinking of selling, and how you tailor your listings & policies, it can be an overall positive experience for sellers & buyers. But that's probably a topic better discussed on the eBay Buy & Sell thread.

+1

My little brother caught schizophrenia, my dad had a heart scare, an editorial regime change jettisoned what would have been my first significant publication, my tooth got infected, my ladyfriend walked out, my cat died, and my zip code became ground zero for the west nile virus. Guess it's been a tough month.
In the plus column, I just found my first Chester Barrie sport coat, what what...?
satisfied.gif

crazy.gif
I hope things get better for you, bro...

This looks very consistent with the ones I've seen.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shout out to Troika for an awesome trade!!! I gotz me a first silk blend Lanvin shirt! I also saw his Hermes shirt! That thing is the ****!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Also, he found me a heavy ass wool military cargo pants that weights at least 3 pounds!!!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spooooo! (insert signal here). Or anyone else that "has wise".

Real.

Srsly, Spoo. For a dude with some of the best taste evar, you got some serious gaud to deal with in terms of sheet and carpet style. Just 'cause it's expensive don't make it good. Isn't that one of the lessons of this thread? How often can they recycle greek key designs and disembodied mythological heads?

I don't live in the ordinary, man.

Last edited:

thriftydood

Reaction score
Jil Sander does make menswear, but they use European sizing, so 42 on a coat would suggest that it is a woman's piece.
The mystery continues! Now with better pics!

Ok. What the hell is this? It's an overcoat, but there are no buttons anywhere and there's no belt or a place for a belt, so it's just this cloak-like thing. Tagged 42, which seems about right for US sizing, but it was made in Germany. I'm obviously not keeping this and picked it up because a) it was a first for me and b) it seemed cool.

So can anyone help with vintage and ... what the hell it is?

7932936134_935d6a2b0a.jpg

7932936956_6edd69efc3.jpg

7932936492_fd2d6f1931.jpg

7932935478_37d4282e89.jpg

7932935826_a3ff10a6ef.jpg

7932935174_b1cf955669.jpg

7932935654_c7cb87f25a.jpg

Anth

Reaction score
Things have been super slow around here lately. I did pick up a Spooverified Hermes tie and a few BB Makers over the past few days. Wanted to send a shout out to Ian E. for an awesome trade
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
. Pics of the ties later.
OK here are pics of the Hermes as promised, nothing special but for what I paid for it I couldn't leave it in the store.

These are the BB Makers, also 2 PRL made in Italy and 1 vintage wool Lands End.

Has anyone here heard of the Georgetown University Shop? From what limited information I have found it was a custom clothier in Georgetown D.C that catered to the D.C elite. I have found 2 amazing suits by them both fully canvassed and the material is probably a wool/cashmere blend. They fit so I'm keeping them, just trying to figure out the back story on them.

thriftydood

Reaction score
The Burberry polo looks off to me. Do you have pictures of the care tag and a close-up of the buttons? Not saying it's an obvious fake, but it's different from the ones I've seen.
Burberry Polo size Medium. Can I get an authenticity check?

picked up some stuff today, all the shirts are available so pm me if you are interested..

Gitman Bros size xl

Hickey Freeman woven in Italy size xl

Brooks Brothers 161/2 34

Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score
Noob. Wow! Welcome back dog.

Let me save you 100+ pages worth of reading: some cool finds all around. Nothing as earth shattering as that dude that found genuine gold buttons on a blazer :worship2: . A bunch of regular posters went off and started their own thrift site. It was for various reasons like feeling unappreciated, etc. (SPOILER: IT WAS CAUSE FRENCHY GOT BANNED AGAIN.)

To that recent poster that was commenting on Eton shirts. Sure, you can flip ‘em but I’ve found it’s not worth it. Buy them for $8-9 flip them for $19. After shipping and fees and packing them up, you’re probably up $2-3. Sure you make a few bux, but it’s too much work IMHO. Stick to flipping RL black/purple label shirts for a good return :nodding: .

Anyway, here are my finds for the end of last week. Everything is available except for the burberry tie. I haven’t gone out this week so I’m starting to get the itch/withdrawal symptoms.

Brioni pants. 34W. Haven’t measured the inseam but I guestimate it is 34-35”. Also cuffed so you can probably get another inch. Dbl pleated (sorry WAYWN guys):
P1010486.jpg

P1010487.jpg

Ties. EZegna x2, Vineyard vines, BB makers
P1010484.jpg

P1010485.jpg

NWT ties. RLBL (handmade in Italy), Burberry
P1010482.jpg

P1010483.jpg

MarkThomas

Reaction score
Spent the weekend visiting family out of state. No time to hit thrifts, except for one next door to a restaurant I was at with family. Everybody found something:
me: Chipp sharks emblematic tie
dad: Isaia suit
mom: recent J. Crew trench coat
bro: Brooks Brothers OCBD from the 70s
My best score, though, was a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck ballpoint my dad gave me from his collection.

Love it!
I have a Meisterstuck rollerball in silver and black and write with it every day. Hope to give it to my *future* son some day.
The cool thing about the precious resin these are made with is that it's not actually black. If you catch it in just the right light you can see that it's actually a deep burgundy brown.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, I went to my most frequent thrift today (I'm there at least 3 times per week). The same woman is my cashier at least 2 out of the 3 times. She knows me fairly well, as far as what I like to buy and what nights I come usually come in. She is confortable enough to make small talk about her pain ********** neighbors or whatever else is going on in ther day to day life. Well tonight I got to the counter, after a few fruitless visits, and she remarked that I finally found some stuff. Then she said...."YOUR A SENIOR CITIZEN RIGHT?"

WTF!!!!!:fu:

FML!!!!!
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

For those of you who don't know me that well on here, ....I am 32....

She was doing you a favor, inviting you to take the discount. In my experience, that tends to happen when you're a regular.

Alfred001

Reaction score
Has anyone got a pair of shoes like these in any color and size around 10.5M to sell me? Please PM me if you do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads