• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoofit

Reaction score

Anyone here the size of Dr. Phil? I mean, the EXACT size? Left behind a lot of high quality pants (Holland & Sherry, Italian made Carroll & Co., Zanella (some with only one pleat!)), if anyone is interested I could try and check back to see what's left.  Picked up some smaller C&C charcoal flannels for myself as well.

Found a vintage Aquascutum Aqua 5 Mac (Made in England) in about a size 40-42 (available).

If Dr Phil is 46XL in suit coats and blazers I am interested. You should also note that the Xlong sizes actually sell quite well.

morefishscale

Reaction score

Found this particular leather jacket by Ralph Lauren at a steal price. I believe it's called the Bradford jacket and retailed for $695. I wore it once and I realized that the fit of it just isn't for me. If anyone's interested in buying it off me, please shoot me a message. It's a size medium and in amazing condition. No bad odor, stains, etc.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
baldy[1].gif
ffffuuuu.gif
censored.gif
cloud.gif
plain.gif

That's EXACTLY what I wanted to wear over my dinner suit. A size or so too large for me.

Too big for me as well but it was on a rack all by itself and was calling to me, "Tom, my owner gave me up for adoption after multiple years of service, I am sad, alone, need a friend and a good home. Can you take me in?"

People should remember that while Bijan clothes are extraordinarily expensive, they're also extraordinarily overpriced, and usually pretty fantastically ugly. I mean, he used (/they use) pretty good makers, and once in a while there's something that isn't hideous, but for the most part, it's a brand targeted at very, very distasteful LA nouveau riche.

Can we ad Lanvin to this list along with YSL and Dior? Or should it be a separate sub-topic.

So you are telling me I should have picked up that lot of Donna Karan Couture. Not Saint Andrews but Martin Greenfield isn't shabby either.
facepalm.gif

Found this particular leather jacket by Ralph Lauren at a steal price. I believe it's called the Bradford jacket and retailed for $695. I wore it once and I realized that the fit of it just isn't for me. If anyone's interested in buying it off me, please shoot me a message. It's a size medium and in amazing condition. No bad odor, stains, etc.

Awesome jacket!

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks nice!

Anyone here the size of Dr. Phil? I mean, the EXACT size? Left behind a lot of high quality pants (Holland & Sherry, Italian made Carroll & Co., Zanella (some with only one pleat!)), if anyone is interested I could try and check back to see what's left.  Picked up some smaller C&C charcoal flannels for myself as well.

Found a vintage Aquascutum Aqua 5 Mac (Made in England) in about a size 40-42 (available).

What size are they? I love single pleated pants!

Details on the aquascutum mac? I am interested :)

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something thrifted earlier this week, all available

Barba Napoli 17-43, slightly damaged

small tear in right arm
small faint pit stain in left armpit only, could come out with Oxyclean, none visible outside in right armpit

HIckey Freeman White Dress Shirt, tag 16 1/2 - 35, looks like worn 5-7 times top.

Mabitex 50 thick wool trouser, some stain but could come out with spot cleaning

stains show behind left knee, could blend in with pants color

Ermenegildo Zegna Khaki Chino, tag 34"

Ermenegildo Zegna Blue Corduroy Pants, tag 38", slight wallet fade

Lastly, NWT Karl Lagerfeld pleated navy pants, tag 32", could someone help me estimate the retail for this pants? Thanks!

Last edited:

Everett464

Reaction score
whats the danger in wearing an orphaned suit jacket as an SC - I do it all the time (the pants to most of them tucked safely in my closet - and not actually orphaned). Folks seem to spend a lot of time worrying about it, and I'm wondering what I'm missing.
Quote:

LooknGr8

Reaction score
Just wanted to vouch for Dahl5yankees as a solid trader and person. Great, mutually beneficial trade accomplished this week.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember few years ago that someone had found his fancy suits. They were quite large, no?
IIRC Dr. Phil is like a 46 L or XL, right? I bought some of his shoes a year or two ago, they were 13s. He wears good quality MTM clothes and AEs.

Oh yeah, these were big boys. Now they didn't say "Dr. Phil wore these pants" on the inside, but they were high quality in a big size from a place where he's been known to donate a thing or to.

What size are they? I love single pleated pants!
smile.gif

I'll see if I can check back today and get a more accurate measurement.

Something thrifted earlier this week, all available
Barba Napoli 17-43, slightly damaged

That's funny, I passed over that same Barba the other day when I saw the hole in the elbow. I hate when that happens, so close!

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite shirt I own is a Barba Napoli. Easily the best fit I have since they seem to dart their shirts...and the detail work on it is fantastic. Great shirtmakers.

Oh yeah, these were big boys. Now they didn't say "Dr. Phil wore these pants" on the inside, but they were high quality in a big size from a place where he's been known to donate a thing or to.

I'll see if I can check back today and get a more accurate measurement.

That's funny, I passed over that same Barba the other day when I saw the hole in the elbow. I hate when that happens, so close!

lastdonb

Reaction score
Completely off topic....but I'm always shocked how much traffic getting on the eBay roundup over at PutThisOn gives to a eBay listing. Went from about 30 views in four days to 200+ views in about a hour.

Which item was it?

lastdonb

Reaction score
No doubt....that is a Lanvin. Hard to miss as they seem to have their name everywhere on that tie.
How come this thread doesn't have a Lanvin expert?

A LANVIN tie, my bad, thought it was an ELVIN tie from Lord of the Rings! lol

Won't happen again.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
So you are telling me I should have picked up that lot of Donna Karan Couture. Not Saint Andrews but Martin Greenfield isn't shabby either.
facepalm.gif
What does the MG pocket tag look like in a Donna Karan jacket (mind taking a picture next time)?

The only one I've ever seen was this one from a jacket I sold....

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shameless plug for the trading spread sheet.

I finally got around to adding a couple of items to it, as well as adding it to my sig. Everyone go and do likewise.

MattR

Reaction score

whats the danger in wearing an orphaned suit jacket as an SC - I do it all the time (the pants to most of them tucked safely in my closet - and not actually orphaned).  Folks seem to spend a lot of time worrying about it, and I'm wondering what I'm missing. 

Usually, it's the shoulder pads. I agree that a lot of people can't tell the difference, but often I see guys wearing jackets as SC's, and the shoulders just look off.

So, I'm going to play the Thrift Fit Pic Game today. This is the Oxxford SC I picked up a few months ago. The tie is BB Makers from Mr. Floors to Go. If the waist looks a little tight, it is. Working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics