• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expressions Realia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenos
An RL blue label suit, double-vented; ticket pocket, surgeon's cuffs; and a PRL cashmere/wool SC, double-vented; ticket pocket. Both Made in Italy.
38c.jpg

Great find. That camel color is awesome!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
Flash/shadow. I'll take better pictures for sale.

Yeah, I kinda figured it was just the lighting. It'd be hard to miss a spot that big!

Had an ok day today. Went to a thrift I stopped going to months ago because it was nothing but garbage. Decided to go back today, Came out with a Brioni D/B sportcoat and a Stefano Ricci tie.
The Brioni is a wool/cashmere blend. Made for Wilkes Bashford. Definitely older, probably from the 80's, judging by the colors. It's a gray herringbone pattern with a brown/teal windowpane. Brown and teal scream late 80's/early 90's to me. Oh well, it was half-off today so I got it for peanuts.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crashoran
I received my lambert allen edmonds in 10E from ebay today. The shoes fit good if I tighten them up as much as they give, and wear thicker socks. I think I did a pretty good job of guessing my size for the first time. Next time I might even go to a 9.5-10EE.

Don't hold your breath on the EE width. It is out there, but not common. From what I understand it is manufactured primarily for the European market (aligns with their sizing scheme better or some such) and is not a regularly stocked item over here. Also not made in every style. It isn't a problem to get if you're buying from AE, but finding them on ebay isn't as easy as E or EEE.

This comes from an SA at Allen Edmonds, and I feel your pain (well, it only really hurts if I wear D). I'm sometimes between the E and EEE, but a little stretch on an E in the right places works fine, and actually makes the overall fit better. No competition worries though, I'm a 10.5!

UncleCozy

Reaction score
Lovely scarf that would work as a PS - or so I thought!
14sntj9.jpg

Too big, will be a gift for the missus instead! Thrifted from Sweden's eBay. I also got some nice clothes from one of my thrift shops, Alain Paine lambwool sweater, Tino Cofina dotted silk tie, Sulka silk PS and a Giorgio Armani tie. Pics will probably arrive tomorrow.

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Really interesting Zegna tie today. I haven't seen this type of contrast stitching on the back before:
img9105np.jpg
img9107g.jpg
img9109t.jpg
Also found a few PRLs in decent patterns and a cool PRL flannel sport shirt. Not bad for 30 minutes.

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Exactly. It's self-tipped and made of heavy 100% seta silk (according the tag but it feels more like a linen/silk mix.) I'm tempted to just guess it's vintage but the contrast stitching doesn't seem to fit. Also, the tag is made of the same silk as the tie with Zegna woven in the fabric itself.

SnarlPatrick

Reaction score
^^
I had, and sold a Zegna tie with that same heavy contrasting stitch. Can't find the pictures though. When I had it, the construction and fabric was so good, it never occurred to me to question its authenticity.

Also, today I found this T&A sport coat/suit jacket with pick stitching and ticket pocket. Shame the sleeves are so short. Its like 3" too short and only has 1.5" to let out. Grrr...

imgp9544.jpg

imgp9547.jpg

MacDaddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenos
An RL blue label suit, double-vented; ticket pocket, surgeon's cuffs; and a PRL cashmere/wool SC, double-vented; ticket pocket. Both Made in Italy.

38er.jpg

38ig.jpg

38fg.jpg

38ho.jpg

38gil.jpg

38d.jpg

38c.jpg

That suit is RL signature,Ralph's name is written in all caps,nice score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads