The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

****UPDATE****
    that was quick, sold them in about 20 minutes.

LOL because you were asking 20% of what they were worth, maybe less depending on condition.

2. mistermidwester

mistermidwester Senior member

Two pair of shoes today neither are my size but i could not just leave them there. Im gonna make a post in the trading thread tonight with everything i've got up for trade.
    Allen Edmonds Orleans 13 A
    [​IMG]

Drop me a PM with how much you're looking to get for these bad boys. I'd love to rock these things.

3. tomorrowstars

tomorrowstars Senior member

Finally back with a worthwhile post; I think I lucked out today. I'm going to withhold what I paid for them for the sake of possible (1) embarrassment if they aren't authentic and (2) resale. I sort of love them all (especially the two on the left) but don't see myself ever wearing any of them except for the YSL. Can anyone give me some info on these? I don't know much about Hermes. Curious what the tags are for; they don't have prices on them. EDIT: Sorry for the poor image quality. More come daylight. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

5. krspdla

krspdla Senior member

Well you're good with the pattern being 11 to 5.

6. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Finally back with a worthwhile post; I think I lucked out today. I'm going to withhold what I paid for them for the sake of possible (1) embarrassment if they aren't authentic and (2) resale. I sort of love them all (especially the two on the left) but don't see myself ever wearing any of them except for the YSL.

Can anyone give me some info on these? I don't know much about Hermes. Curious what the tags are for; they don't have prices on them.

If you go back in this thread a couple of weeks I asked the same question and there was a couple of very useful links provided.

7. mike540

mike540 Senior member

[​IMG]]

Here are the C&J (pretty sure theyre C&J have to verify before selling though) for Polo shoes
    [​IMG]

Good God! And both are in my size. I have no money, will you be needing a vital organ soon? I have 2 of most.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I'd contact Spoo b/c I think he's a Hermes fan

Cheers

Who tol' ya?

Can anyone give me some info on these? I don't know much about Hermes. Curious what the tags are for; they don't have prices on them.

Holyfuckingshit. Nice score dude. They are factory fresh Hermes. Like, those tags are on the ties in the store right now. Not Neimans, not anywhere else, like Hermes boutique tags. Thats insane. The sheep jumping fences is a good one, I sold a few of those last year for like $165 each. The other geometrics are nice too, maybe you can get $100-$125 each on ebay on a good day for them. The factory tags will get you like another 20% at LEAST on your sale price, if you are selling. Or you could just give me the one on the right for being a good guy [​IMG]

9. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I would love that purple/blue hermes [​IMG]

10. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

What passes for a good day thrifting in this overcast sartorial wasteland: BNWT BB repp tie, another recent BB repp tie in excellent condition and an off brand tie whose name I cannot even say aloud on the forum (hint: rhymes with "Oseph Jabboud") but was actually in a pretty sharp pattern.

11. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Not one, not two, but THREE NWT Hermes, new styles too, not just hanging in someone's closet for ages with tags on it?

I think you've got Frenchy beat (at least on the ties)! Congrats! Those will sell like hotcakes.

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Not one, not two, but THREE NWT Hermes, new styles too, not just hanging in someone's closet for ages with tags on it?

I think you've got Frenchy beat (at least on the ties)! Congrats! Those will sell like hotcakes.

The sheep was from '09.

13. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

The sheep was from '09.

How do you know this stuff? [​IMG]

14. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

How do you know this stuff? [​IMG]

He's Spoo!

If Spoo was a woman, we'd all want to get at her. However, he's not. So . . . we all want to be like him.

15. 951socal

951socal Senior member

I haven't yet started limiting suspenders by brand - I hardly ever come across any that are even branded. I pick up what looks nice, picked up a pair this morning in fact. Other than Thurston, which I see talked about on SF, what are some other nice brands, and how are they labeled? The most I find is "Made in England" on the hardware. Mike
    they say on the hardware, i run into alot of the ones that say made in england on the hardware, i personally like the Dooney and bourke ones, they're really nice. hard to find since dooney and bourke changed their brand over from belts and suspenders to handbags for women ALso: hit 5 stores today Got an UnderArmour Polo For $6.99 Never really find much dressy stuff in thrifts like you guys, but im finding some pretty nice workout fear : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.