• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I ask what it is? Paperweight?
(I'm not a real thrifter.....just a lurker.)
DF91888A-5166-468F-8C32-2A2468B7FBA3.png

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For me it’s a mix right now. Back in Chicago when thrifting was my job I didn’t want to post pics of price tags, or even what certain items cost. I’m pretty paranoid (I guess that helped me get a job in information security?) so I never wanted to say item prices since every chain has its own pricing structure. And when you strike gold (aka my original thriftening) I was sorely tempted to post zilli and Brioni with $.98-$3.98 price tags on them. But that pricing was limited to a single chain and only an area within that chain, so why advertise your location. So when I talk about prices it’s hey like $5 per.

More good insight! Tks.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everyone has their own reasons. A lot of ppl give a ppu or designate that finds are true thrift. True thrift for me my stores mean $15-$20 for suits, $7-$10 for sport coats, $3 ties and $5-$8 everything else. The really ridiculous finds usually has price defined since that’s a big part of the excitement. Do ppl post things under the pretense that it’s thrifted when it’s really an online purchase at an attractive price or priced up consignment piece? Probably. But if you stick around long enough you usually get a feel of who those ppl are and at the end of the day no harm no foul.

If you’re just trying to ask do ppl really find things that retailed for 5 figures in a thrift store for $10 the answer is yes.

Tks.

Nope..just asking as the last few pages have really shown some great stuff. Some list prices, some don't. I was just curious.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TJGent87

Reaction score
Any of you ever get the vibe a certain thrift employee just doesn't like you and he will not bring out any new items as long as you are there? I literally see the new rack of items ready to go through the doors but he also knows I'm waiting to check them out and I feel like we are in a stand off right now.
Is it the same dude I told you about?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: is Brooks Brothers 1818 always a pop for you guys? Seems like a see enough of it, but I'm not always inclined to pick it up.
Depends on the cut/fabric/etc. One of my favorite SC's is a BB 1818 Fitz I picked up a few years ago. For the flip, same rules apply and pick up if priced to move.

TJGent87

Reaction score
Yep. Unfortunately I had to get home last night and lost. I assume the loro filled racks came out right after.
I want to ask him his schedule so I know not to go there on the days he's working lol. Will check tomorrow again

RFHansen

Reaction score
LB Napoli:
IMG_6323.JPG

Cantarelli pure cashmere:
IMG_6331.JPG

11ty:
IMG_6336.JPG

Boggi:
IMG_6350.JPG

Never seen this before... brand's called remus. Nicely hand detailed, albeit fused:
IMG_6363.JPG

EZ:
IMG_6387.JPG

WW:
IMG_6401.JPG

Santoni:
IMG_6415.JPG

Canali:
IMG_6419.JPG

Gianni Barbato rock star boots:
IMG_6422.JPG

AE waffle loafers:
IMG_6427.JPG

IMG_6430.JPG

RM W.:
IMG_6444.JPG

Loake:
IMG_6454.JPG

This is so nice, I might keep it:
IMG_6467.JPG

IMG_6472.JPG

C&J belts, three of them:
P1080249.JPG

This is by a Danish belt maker called Graae. His quality and workmanship is top notch. Apparently his belts are in the $500 range:
P1080255.JPG

The lady had only just put this Missoni vest on the desk to price it when I said 'I'll take that one!':
IMG_6150.JPG
P1080285.JPG

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tks.

Nope..just asking as the last few pages have really shown some great stuff. Some list prices, some don't. I was just curious.

If you’re just trying to ask do ppl really find things that retailed for 5 figures in a thrift store for $10 the answer is yes.

I don't thrift for profit so just about everything that I have ever bought has either ended up in my closet or "stolen" by my brother and kept in his. That jacket I listed earlier went for $4 (thank you half priced Thursdays) which isn't bad since their ready to wear jackets start at £2100. I probably wouldn't have shared that info if I were a reseller.

Last edited:

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me whether this writing on a Peal & Co. for Brooks Bros. shoe signifies something special in terms of the maker, like C&J?
s-l1600.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads