• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
i usually pass on Paul & Shark but this reversible jacket was too cool to leave.

IMG_4474.jpeg IMG_4475.jpeg IMG_4476.jpeg IMG_4477.jpeg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey what's this generic looking milspec tag inside this collar here?:

20231214_201456.jpg

Probably nothing. Maybe a propper or some other cheap thing...

But just to be a @Letric let's just take our finger and pull this label down slightly here...

20231214_201507.jpg

Patagonia?! Inside of a military jacket? What kind of weird thing is this.

20231214_201642.jpg

Oh it's a highly rare and valuable MARS Slingshot jacket. Cool.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey what's this generic looking milspec tag inside this collar here?:

View attachment 2091211

Probably nothing. Maybe a propper or some other cheap thing...

But just to be a @Letric let's just take our finger and pull this label down slightly here...

View attachment 2091213

Patagonia?! Inside of a military jacket? What kind of weird thing is this.

View attachment 2091215

Oh it's a highly rare and valuable MARS Slingshot jacket. Cool.
All the military patagonia stuff was super performance and highly sought after. If I could find the windshirt with almost not degradable DWR I might be buried in it.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is a very happy day for me, finally got a grail! I've been on the hunt for almost this exact pair for years and I never find good sunglasses. So stumbling on a pair of vintage Vuarnet 4085 Skilynx in great condition has me smiling! Definitely not the most impressive things I've ever found (these aren't particularly rare, but can be a little pricey). And the frame has a few nicks here and there and there's one small scratch on the lens. But I ain't complaining when they were $3.12!

Vuarnet 3.jpg

Vuarnet 2.jpg

Vuarnet 1.jpg

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
It’s been a good morning. View attachment 2091451
@Nataku is definitely the "gear whisperer"! Awesome kop! R2Rs seems to be having some kind of resurgence. Not sure why.

I have been looking for a decent r2r for years now, but the thrift has not yet provided. Not even at the countless auctions and estates I attend.

The specific model I'm looking for is a TEAC A3440S, as I have a pile of old tapes that I recorded with my jam band on the 3440 back in the 70s/80s. I would like to revisit just how bad we were, as well as get them digitized before the tapes degrade. "Joe's Garage" anyone? Back then, that TEAC was the bomb, as it was really the first r2r to bridge the gap between pro units like Revox/Studer (that we had at the BBC, where I worked as a newsman) and the simpler domestic units. Plus, it looked awesome atop the audio stack. This is it (not my pic):
5427-a3440.jpg

I had it hooked up to Rogers LS6 monitors through a McIntosh amp, so the sound was stellar. TEAC had made it to respond to the development of quadraphonic sound, but when that fizzled (as it did super fast), they added extra head monitoring buttons and aimed it at the home multitrack market. And it was indeed the first one we could do that on! Problem is that tapes recorded on 4-track won't play on most other models. So if anyone runs across a reasonably priced A3440S out there, I'm your buyer!

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i usually pass on Paul & Shark but this reversible jacket was too cool to leave.

View attachment 2091149 View attachment 2091151 View attachment 2091153 View attachment 2091155
yeah, P&S resale ain't that great, but i still love it for personal. nothing says "euro-douche" like Paul & Shark YACHTING. not, boating... YACHTING! ;-)

i literraly just wore my P&S jacket in Cabo San Lucas while staring at Dennis Washington's Atessa IV mega yacht off the coast. i bet he wears P&S too. LOL!

And yes, that's a cheesy party boat. Not my decision. I was with a group of friends.

20220427_162704.jpg
20231210_171445.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics