• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ive been onto them for awhile. they ruined a couple nice sulka shirts last year

my size !
IMG_5841.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you take in a handegg match?
Nope! But I never understood as to you why you guys stole rugby and put armour on.

Conclusive

Reaction score
The only kiton I have left behind is badly damaged or an obvious orphan.
Speaking of damage...
1000003389.jpg
1000003390.jpg

Thought I lucked out at the thrift...

1000003391.jpg
1000003392.jpg

Turns out I struck out 😞

I was in a rush to get to an appointment so I picked this up without a thorough lookover. Might just harvest the buttons and toss it, or find some way to repurpose the fabric.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of damage...
View attachment 2063899 View attachment 2063901

Thought I lucked out at the thrift...

View attachment 2063903 View attachment 2063905
Turns out I struck out 😞

I was in a rush to get to an appointment so I picked this up without a thorough lookover. Might just harvest the buttons and toss it, or find some way to repurpose the fabric.

I remember talking years ago in the old (or maybe the old old) thrift thread about repurposing damaged pieces made in luxurious fabrics. I don’t know if anyone ever did create a Super 220s ammo pouch or vicuña codpiece, but it’s never too late.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember talking years ago in the old (or maybe the old old) thrift thread about repurposing damaged pieces made in luxurious fabrics. I don’t know if anyone ever did create a Super 220s ammo pouch or vicuña codpiece, but it’s never too late.

for sure , a big part of the game for me . a busted cashmere sweater becomes a watchcap or beanie in about 10 minutes ( happy to share the recipe ) , i've recut sweatshirts all kinds of stuff .

at one time i had a stash of great fabrics ( including vicuna and some epic aloha ) that were destined for recut . but i got rid of nearly all of it during a run-in with cancer , a very wasteful scenario ngl

i still have a few things tho . i follow nicole mclaughlin who does upcycle design and just did this interview , the interviewer points out a pitfall of the method lol :

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made a Loro Piana cashmere patchwork blanket from tailoring samples and old coats.

Conclusive

Reaction score
I love repurposing fabrics for new projects, but I find repurposing suit fabrics to be particularly challenging. More often than not, the fabrics are too delicate for something like a bag or pouch, which is always an option with more rugged fabrics like denim. Careful patterning is necessary so that you don't end up with a strange looking product. I have a few jackets I was looking to repurpose since I like the patterns, but I'm not imaginative enough to figure out what to do with them yet.

fox.jpg

Here's a little embroidery I've done using scrap fabric for a little project I'm working on. It's always fun to breathe new life into items that are approaching their useful end.

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
My sister is big in to sewing, and has been actually designing and importing her own fabrics to sell. She recently went to Kuhlman's (a bespoke men's store here in Seattle) to buy a bunch of their deadstock fabrics now that they're closing down. She really loves yarn dyed fabrics so its a lot of stripes and plaids, I think she's planning on selling some of what she bought but will use a lot of it for quilts and other projects. She's also been hitting the bins to repurpose stuff with fabric she likes.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love repurposing fabrics for new projects, but I find repurposing suit fabrics to be particularly challenging. More often than not, the fabrics are too delicate for something like a bag or pouch, which is always an option with more rugged fabrics like denim. Careful patterning is necessary so that you don't end up with a strange looking product. I have a few jackets I was looking to repurpose since I like the patterns, but I'm not imaginative enough to figure out what to do with them yet.

View attachment 2063915

Here's a little embroidery I've done using scrap fabric for a little project I'm working on. It's always fun to breathe new life into items that are approaching their useful end.
Very, very good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads