• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sleeves345

Reaction score
Anybody mind a dumpster dive?
IMG_20220312_130941975_HDR.jpg

All the Gameboys (need new batteries) and Wii work, need power cables for the 360 and PS4. For those who don't know, Gameboy advances are going for $80-200 on the 'bay depending on color way/condition.

And I'm starting to work off backlog, pulled these all out from years back:
IMG_20220312_131354159_HDR.jpg

D&G, Boss, W&B, and Tommy might be hit or miss, but stoked on the Cuci and Levi's.

I have a question on the orange tab though:. Any idea of era? I always thought orange=80s but Google says 60-70s? No care tag inside means 60s? Button back stamped with 575. These things look unworn. What's going on here?
IMG_20220312_140013282.jpg

IMG_20220312_140029166_HDR.jpg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ i've found big E 517s , the model probably goes back to ~1970 .

the orange tab line goes back that far too , orange tab was a totally separate production line that's where the orange or yellow reinforced stitching on the back pockets came from afaik , a detail that would later migrate over to the mainline (red tab) versions .

i can't see if those are big e or not the pic is a bit small , but they made that model as orange tab and red tab , i'm not too sure about 60s but 70s definitely . they've been washed if not worn . there's no care instructions ? pre-1970 they were stamped on the pocket bag . hope that helps .

Sleeves345

Reaction score
Yes, big help, thanks! I should have mentioned they are small "e" and no selvedge. The pockets have no stamping that I can see, but it may have washed off. No other tags though. I only say unworn since there's no fading on knees or crotch. All the stitching is the same color, no lemon yellow or anything, except the outseam which is white and blue thread. The rivet backs are copper, but no rivets on the back pockets. I'll agree with 70s, if I lay because they lack certain details that my 60s 505s have. From what I've read the orange tab was for "fashion" denim, so most guides I have don't apply.

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
Flip brag,
Was $1.39 at GW
Dude, the finds you pull from GW! Unbelievable!

A few recent finds...

Kuhl pants.jpg

Kuhl pants 2.jpg

Sandstone Berkley II vest, sz S
Carhartt vest.jpg

I took a chance on this sweater. Made in Italy, but I'm unfamiliar with the brand...
Battaglia 1.jpg

Battaglia 2.jpg

Battaglia 3.jpg

Fisrt time I've ever found this particular model. The "Waffle Knit Hoody"...
Ibex 1.jpg

Ibex 2.jpg

Men's Insulated Powder Bowl Jacket, size M
Pata Powder Bowl jacket.jpg

Men's High Velocity Vest
Pata vest.jpg

Nano Puff Pullover, sz M
Pata pullover.jpg

Cerium LT Vest, XS
Arcteryx vest.jpg

Big boy's Polarquilt Liner Vest (2XL)
Barbour 1.jpg

Barbour 2.jpg

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G'day thrifters!

I owe a huge shoutout to @goatamous II for taking on my backlog and helping me wrap up my affairs in Canada. It's been pissing rain here in Sydney but we're finally getting a few nice days.

20220313_150915.jpg

I checked out a few 'op shops' in nice parts of town. Definitely a different experience. Didn't pick anything up because my luggage is already overweight. Did find this dope biryani though...

20220313_205957.jpg

Flying west in a few days to see more of the country and pick a community to get set up in. What part of Australia do you find all the peccary gloves in @HansderHund? (Congrats on the new arrival btw!)

Yes, I know he's in Austria and my dad jokes are lame. Happy thrifting, everyone!

Last edited:

tonylamerCJC

Reaction score
The winter's been **** in southern Ontario, but it'll be over soon. I can hit the re-finishing projects in the garage. Some random things:

I was watching this on eBay, and the guy sent me an offer for 90% off. I had it framed.

IMG_0808.jpg

Alden shell:
IMG_0770.JPG

19th century mahogany:
e1.jpg

Drospo leather jacket
IMG_0594.JPG

Dack's camel
IMG_0019.JPG

Allen Edmonds Katmai chukkas
IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_9621.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dadjeans you moved for good?
Yup! I mean, there's always a slim chance we'll hate it here and want to move back but I doubt it. Momjeans and I have always dreamed about making the move and the silly covid-hyped local market meant we were able to sell our house for enough cash to make it possible.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt