• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some recent finds, NA unless otherwise noted:
Been much choosier when it comes to ties lately, Saw the red label and thought "fakeagamo", but then I took a closer look and figured that nobody out there is faking 7 folds: Vintage paisley Ricci - not pictured is a similar tie in teal by Brioni. Both likely hail from the 60s-70s. One of my favorite polo tie pickups: an indigo linen number with a south american astrological motif:
Liberty peacock tie, for the pickup artist in all of us: EZ Silk Linen BB Christmas Tie, available Vintage BB plaid wool: Vintage BB cranberry linen knit: My fuhsaciest fuhsace yet:
And last but not least some VV Mermaid $$$ And a lone coach belt to round out the accessories: Shirts: Sturdyass USA made PRL Tee 2x VV Wyeth buttondowns, L Red candystripe: Purple gingham: And a pair of summery Mastai Ferretti shirts in my size. Pretty nice, slim fit and MOPS. Brand seems like a med tier european maker with pretty high retail on yoox and the like. Cotton dash-stripe spread collar:
And 99% cotton 1% lycra seersucker in a brown and white stripe
A band of outsiders (pop) buttondown in a close-set red stripe, L. Watched Master of None recently and Ansari- whose wardrobe throughout is pretty stellar, if a bit trendy- apparently is a big BoO fan. I guess band closed down pretty recently; their stuff always a bit too fashion forward for my tastes. The shirt has a tall skinny fit and doesn't really work for me so available.
And to round things out a pretty cool militaria find: a german or dutch snap cpo shirt. Perfectly worn in and cut really slim - so much so that I thought it was a repro of some kind at first.
Pants: Patagonia nylon blend shells. My size, but they have that unfortunate pseudo bootcut so common in outdoor gear. Is tailoring a fool's errand on pants like these?
2x pairs of flannel trousers from a now defunct local mens store. Wool flannel with a pretty contemporary fit, but the leather wrapped side adjustors sealed the deal Grey:
Tan: Only one sweater of note recently, the racks are getting hit hard now that temperatures have started to drop in earnest. Gran sasso black merino V:
Lightweight USA made fleece that I bought entirely for the fierce eagle head on chest. Just look at that magnificent bastard: And a pop (well, plus the pants, which were found later) that I really really like. An old school retro x Patagonia vest, made in the states. The natural colored fleece gives it a faux shearling look worn under a jacket. Tailoring Kick things off with a half lined silk pow check BB sportcoat. 48XL, available
Kick things up a bit with hands down the nicest Hickey Freeman I've ever handled. Beautiful details and lining. 60/40 cashmere silk fabric. 40L, available - I'd keep it if the sleeves were shorter.
Followed by the second nicest Hickey Freeman I've ever handled, this time a suit. Peak lapels, blue/black micro herringbone with an overcheck, 46R and available.
Now things get a bit weird. A pretty anonymous jacket. No "made in" tag. Oh! fun pockets. The thrift gods way of keeping us on a swivel. Fits like a 40-42, available. And for myself, a black moleskine field jacket from Nice Collective. Didn't know much about the brand previously but apparently they're a pretty small scale operation in California. Quality seems high, made in the USA, and it's got some excellent details. Apparently should have a hood of some kind, but no sign of that.
And now for the realness: Some perfect staple suit comeups recently. Wish they both fit but one out of two ain't bad. Gianluca Isaia Napoli (pop!) gray suit in super 150s wool. Double vents, double pleats. Roomy 40R
Been had black label navy wool suit (presumably by caruso)! Razor sharp and fits me like a glove (although it has some light shoulder padding that I'm considering getting removed).
A POP on Crockett and Jones straight up (I've found their RL stuff before). Chelseas, 11.5. And now, via ethrift, today's real stunner Some Needles from the baystack: Black deerskin suede, shawl collar, bellows pockets, NWT, made in USA... are all keywords that the seller forgot to use. Well under the 10% rule.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Thrift well, my friends.
Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is incredible! Nwt to boot! I get super jelly at all the grail finds. But then again, I've found some petty cool stuff in the past. I shouldn't be so greedy. I'm happy for all you lucky bitches! Cheers

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Missed this earlier, gave one of the guys a thumbs up/nice car which got an awesome rev/acceleration! Your car isn't blue, is it? Lol

Naw, black. I woulda revved for you too though. haha.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something like that... I don't recall that model, Is there a style/model number on the tag? Patagonia normally has a year/season code on the tag as well. I've seen those buttons on early 2000s Patagonia (I think 2000/20001 range, and the fact that your fleece is made in America would definitely put it at pre-2002 or so. I haven't seen my Patagonia catalog collection since we moved, otherwise, I would go look to see if I can find that.

Looks like Style # 25032, but it's faded so I could be wrong.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That **** is so baller.

This

Hello I've been looking for you.

i remember the time I thrifted two large banker boxes of cedar trees with the large rounded heels for $20 per box. I think I got 30 pairs of trees. Haven't needed trees since.
Have bought many pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads