• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So... update on the Rolex...

Took it to an AD (per @SpooPoker's recommendation), whose watchmaker and staff were extraordinarily nice. Honestly was blown away by the service, and will be going back whenever I'm ready for a new-to-me watch.

He looked over the entire watch, and all the external parts are legitimate, 100% real Rolex parts including the bracelet, case, dial, hands, crown, etc. Then he opened the case back, and found a replaced, 25 jewel Swiss, non-Rolex movement. We both figured either some other watchmaker swindled the original owner out of the movement, and replaced it with said 25 jewel (which the maker also said was quite a good quality movement), or getting the original fixed was too costly for the then-owner who opted for said Swiss movement instead. Pictures posted below as they're on my phone...

Yeah, I wish it was 100% correct too, but there's still some value there luckily. Now I need to decide what to do. Do I part it out, sell as is, or try to find a replacement movement?! Undecided at the moment, but open to suggestions haha.

Glad they treated you well. They are amazing there.

I wouldn't waste the time trying to find a movement, just part it out and profit and save towards a perfect one. It will take so much time and you would never get back anything on resale on a frankenwatch.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of watches, found this little sucker today for $4. Very happy. They only sell for $50-$100 but Ive wanted an original one for a bit (this is from 1971).

Last edited:

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Ingersoll? Awesome piece spoo.

bpk, glad at least a lot of it was real. Still gonna be some pretty solid coin! I agree with spoo, I'd part it out and put that money in the Rolex fund.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

^Ingersoll? Awesome piece spoo.

bpk, glad at least a lot of it was real. Still gonna be some pretty solid coin! I agree with spoo, I'd part it out and put that money in the Rolex fund.

Nope, 1971 Timex mechanical. :slayer:

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
Received a bunch of messages about the Brioni tux so I figured I'd just post some measurements here. Jacket is a 40 and pants (pleated) are 34. Hope this helps everyone! Pit to pit laying flat - 20 inches Jacket length from BOC - 31 1/2 inches Sleeve length from shoulder seam - 25 1/2 inches Pants waist laying flat - 16 1/2 inches Pants length - 40 1/2 inches Leg opening - 9 inches

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift shop:

Another Hartman belting leather & tweed suitcase:

Have a nice little collection going on:

Needs some collar attention...

New Saks Off Fifth opened in town. They had tons of Brioni and RLPL / RLBL. I only shopped the clearance rack and got:

From TJX on clearance:

BBGF tuxedo. Is this Martin Greenfield?

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of small finds:

This one fits & is N/A - and those spots don't show up in person, which I thought was odd...

Recent BBGF - Hoping the pants show up, NWOT..

J.Crew Moon Tweed Vest

Fashionablemale

Reaction score
Pop for me! Just for ***** and giggles went into the junkiest store in the worst part of town and found this coat for $1. I'm sure its an orphan and I looked everywhere for the pants with no luck, but I was so excited to see a brand that warrants showing on here I had to get it. It actually fits me perfectly, so I might break all rules and wear it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics