• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So... update on the Rolex...

Took it to an AD (per @SpooPoker's recommendation), whose watchmaker and staff were extraordinarily nice. Honestly was blown away by the service, and will be going back whenever I'm ready for a new-to-me watch.

He looked over the entire watch, and all the external parts are legitimate, 100% real Rolex parts including the bracelet, case, dial, hands, crown, etc. Then he opened the case back, and found a replaced, 25 jewel Swiss, non-Rolex movement. We both figured either some other watchmaker swindled the original owner out of the movement, and replaced it with said 25 jewel (which the maker also said was quite a good quality movement), or getting the original fixed was too costly for the then-owner who opted for said Swiss movement instead. Pictures posted below as they're on my phone...

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've seen this posted more than once, Eton are my favourite shirts, so I've thrifted a few and I've never seen one with broken buttons. You must have some brutal washing machines in the US.

I think the issue is that most are dry cleaned and the chemicals they use literally eat away at the buttons, or cause them to become brittle and crack. At least that appears to be the case with the Eton shirts I find that have erroded/broken buttons.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
A little bit OT but is anyone familiar enough with crystal to tell me what brand they are? The only marking is a Z inside a square.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So... update on the Rolex...

Took it to an AD (per @SpooPoker's recommendation), whose watchmaker and staff were extraordinarily nice. Honestly was blown away by the service, and will be going back whenever I'm ready for a new-to-me watch.

He looked over the entire watch, and all the external parts are legitimate, 100% real Rolex parts including the bracelet, case, dial, hands, crown, etc. Then he opened the case back, and found a replaced, 25 jewel Swiss, non-Rolex movement. We both figured either some other watchmaker swindled the original owner out of the movement, and replaced it with said 25 jewel (which the maker also said was quite a good quality movement), or getting the original fixed was too costly for the then-owner who opted for said Swiss movement instead. Pictures posted below as they're on my phone...

Here are a couple photos, kind of blurry but will try to reopen case and take better pictures...

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@330CK owes you a coke

jk finally! satisfying to see one of these things pan out (at least partly anyways but i think that's a rocking find)

Last edited:

ReubenR

Reaction score
If you are a size 38 you might like to take a look at this "Ralph Lauren" suit Linda has to offer. It's actually a RLBL suit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RALPH-LAURE...-Suit-Sz-38-/311595850806?hash=item488c8f5c36

Be a sure to double-check the condition section on her stuff. I was getting really excited by a bunch of tradly things posted in (potentially) my size for dirt cheap, really good things like a navy linen J. Press suit, only to notice they were all described as having "faint cigarette smell".
baldy[1].gif

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@330CK I see this marking often, does it signify a maker or is that just a popular design?
LL
Sorry, don't know anything about cut glass. I would assume just a popular design. Cut glass really isn't popular anymore, in this area at least. You'll see a lot of older people buying in thrift stores, though.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@330CK
owes you a coke

jk finally! satisfying to see one of these things pan out (at least partly anyways but i think that's a rocking find)

Yeah, I wish it was 100% correct too, but there's still some value there luckily. Now I need to decide what to do. Do I part it out, sell as is, or try to find a replacement movement?! Undecided at the moment, but open to suggestions haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads