• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm pretty curious about those 501s.

they look completely unworn but i don't see any storage wear either? 

i'd think levi's would cough up $100k to get those if they believed them to be legit.

remember that guy who found an enormous nugget on his property in gold country cali, and then tried selling the place for some stupid amount? and then it turned out when they tested the gold it was Australian? lol if it seems to good to be true it often is.

write it down, i'm calling shenanigans on this.

lol yes it sounded exactly like nicole kidman. i guess the impurities or whatever. anyways it turned out to be a pretty elaborate real estate swindle. 

but back to the pants: even if they were unworn it looks like they've been lovingly stored for 100+ years?! and yet no deep crusty creases, no loss of indigo (which btw happens in storage, it's a pretty fugitive dye on cotton hence sick fadezzz). the more i smell the sharper the bullshit. oh well.

and the proof is what? the pocket stamp? oh okay, but let's not mention provenance... and why a dealer from maine if they're trying to market it to the pacific rim? lol none of this adds up. 

lurker%5B1%5D.gif

Agree. No way those are legit. They didn't put that kind of labeling inside back them.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@capnwes

Awe, Mahatma Holly. I like it. Your wife and my wife should be friends. She's got me doing catch and release with cockroaches.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[@=/u/150132/capnwes]@capnwes[/@]

Awe, Mahatma Holly. I like it. Your wife and my wife should be friends. She's got me doing catch and release with cockroaches.

OHHH hell no. If the roaches in Austin are anything like the roaches in Houston, I'd be getting the shotgun out. I still have nightmares.
Ha! They are indeed on that scale. I'm from Louisiana originally, so I'm used to those guys. The trick is the cup and paper method.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People have actually said that to you? 

Haha, yeah, kind of. I remember a few years back it was kind of an unwritten rule that if you got something from a proxy but you decided to sell the piece, you would split the profit with your proxier. I've always thought that was silly. I mean i understand why you would do that but if i gift or proxy you something, it's yours to do whatever the hell you want with it. That's why back then, i prefer trades more than anything else.
i'm pretty curious about those 501s.

they look completely unworn but i don't see any storage wear either? 

i'd think levi's would cough up $100k to get those if they believed them to be legit.

remember that guy who found an enormous nugget on his property in gold country cali, and then tried selling the place for some stupid amount? and then it turned out when they tested the gold it was Australian? lol if it seems to good to be true it often is.

write it down, i'm calling shenanigans on this.

Bro, i read the most expensive pair of jeans was a pair from in late 1800's that levi's has locked away in their valt. Those are valued at around 300,000.

Last edited:

noob15

Reaction score
Bear with me, I suck at this uploading thing. Just some recent odds and ends.

AE Alton

Corneliani

I don't usually grab Cremieux, but working cuffs, unstructured, removable throat latch etc.

Unknown Military shearling lined.

Polo, with working game pocket and cape back.

SSN-716 was a nuclear fast attack sub.

Onitsuka Tiger Denim (supposedly Japanese selvedge, but I don't know for sure)

Nothing to compare to what you guys post on a regular basis, but the fodder goes straight to eBay, and I thought I'd contribute.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably the nicest piece of cashmere I have found from this era. With it's lack of holes, I am amazed that it does not smell of mothballs.

The son of founder/owner of Anderson Little was on AAAC previously talking about the fact that they were back in business and selling Blazers. He was a pretty decent guy. He might be interested to see such a nice vintage coat made by them.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stuffs from today. All available.

Sammy 100% lambswool. Dual vents, etc. 44L.

Barbour zip-out liner aka quilted vest. Has some white **** on the bottom but I'm sure I can find a use for it. Florsheim imperial shell longwings. Size 11C. Brown in color.

Ben Silver 100% wool knit sweater(XXL), vintage made in USA Tommy sweatshirt. XL

Wimminz. St John Sport pants(Size 6), Max Mara pants(Size 12), VV cotton/cashmere button up sweater(Medium), St John Collection santana knit dress(Size 16)

div25sec9

Reaction score
I'll wade into the vinyl debate...

As mentioned before; the stereo system you are using is very important. It is the limiting factor 99% of the time. It doesn't matter if you have the perfect turntable and flawless vinyl, if your amp or speakers are weak, everything will sound like crap. Once the signal gets passed through a mixer and amp, and speakers; it isn't clean at all... That's why some people run tube amps and spend tens of thousands on speakers.

The biggest reason people are getting into vinyl is to get back to an earlier time; when music was not so easily accessible and was appreciated more. They like deciding on an album to get, getting a physical item, dedicating time to listen, and looking at the cover art while the music plays. Today music has become cheap and disposable. It's all files on a disk, sitting beside some word docs and spreadsheet files. Vinyl is the opposite of that, going back to an earlier time.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stuffs from today. All available.

Sammy 100% lambswool. Dual vents, etc. 44L.

Barbour zip-out liner aka quilted vest. Has some white **** on the bottom but I'm sure I can find a use for it. Florsheim imperial shell longwings. Size 11C. Brown in color.

Synergy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads