• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mahatma Holly lets you keep a fur in the house?
lol8[1].gif

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty curious about those 501s.

they look completely unworn but i don't see any storage wear either?

i'd think levi's would cough up $100k to get those if they believed them to be legit.

remember that guy who found an enormous nugget on his property in gold country cali, and then tried selling the place for some stupid amount? and then it turned out when they tested the gold it was Australian? lol if it seems to good to be true it often is.

write it down, i'm calling shenanigans on this.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty curious about those 501s.

they look completely unworn but i don't see any storage wear either?

i'd think levi's would cough up $100k to get those if they believed them to be legit.

remember that guy who found an enormous nugget on his property in gold country cali, and then tried selling the place for some stupid amount? and then it turned out when they tested the gold it was Australian? lol if it seems to good to be true it often is.

write it down, i'm calling shenanigans on this.

The gold had an accent?
foo.gif

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol yes it sounded exactly like nicole kidman. i guess the impurities or whatever. anyways it turned out to be a pretty elaborate real estate swindle.

but back to the pants: even if they were unworn it looks like they've been lovingly stored for 100+ years?! and yet no deep crusty creases, no loss of indigo (which btw happens in storage, it's a pretty fugitive dye on cotton hence sick fadezzz). the more i smell the sharper the bullshit. oh well.

and the proof is what? the pocket stamp? oh okay, but let's not mention provenance... and why a dealer from maine if they're trying to market it to the pacific rim? lol none of this adds up.

lurker[1].gif

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always recommend that people NOT start vinyl collections. Don't waste your time and money with vinyl- it's an extremely inconvenient format that is a hassle to store, listen to and move. It won't really sound better unless you're getting mint copies of older records ($$$$$) and have a good sound system. Start off with a good stereo soundsystem.
Yeah, with records, a lot of it is about the experience and the collecting aspect, which is why I do it. There are some sound differences, though, tipped in favor of vinyl whatever this guy might think: http://www.laweekly.com/music/why-cds-may-actually-sound-better-than-vinyl-5352162

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, with records, a lot of it is about the experience and the collecting aspect, which is why I do it. There are some sound differences, though, tipped in favor of vinyl whatever this guy might think: http://www.laweekly.com/music/why-cds-may-actually-sound-better-than-vinyl-5352162

And how else are you going to have these gems of album covers floating around?

In terms of absolute recreation of the music, digital might be better in that it is replicable, and the recording will not fall apart with time. I'm listening to an original pressing of Rainbow by Neil Diamond from 1973, and clearly the recording has lost a bit of its "trueness" over the years. But this adds a character to the audio that digital will never be able to replicate. It's kind of like with clothing... Some people like their denim to be crisp and brand new. Others like how the fabric builds character over the years, with creases and fades that show that the jeans have conformed to the wearers body.

But anyway... I've always like vinyl, and am glad I have a turntable again for the first time in 8 years.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a friend who's been releasing music since 1981, and his assertion is that the warm hum you hear when playing vinyl is nothing but distortion, and not at all what the artist intended you to hear. The majority of his musician friends agree.
That said, I still like vinyl.
But collecting can be a whole other thing. I used to be a hard-core collector of certain artists and certain labels to the point that it was being...sinfully covetous. I would have 8 or 10 or more copies of the same release - the first release, each subsequent re-release, foreign pressings, then CD's, cassettes, maybe a test pressing, etc - all of the same title. And only one copy was a playing copy - everything else was just to admire. I looked around one day and decided it was just sick, so I sold 98% of it.
Then I got into selling vinyl for pure profit - buy from Japan, never play it or get attached to it, resell to the UK etc.
Nowadays I'm all about rooting thru the stacks at the thrifts hoping to find something interesting-looking or that I already know, for cheap. I've been to maybe 2 proper record stores in the past 8 years, but will probably pop into them more often in the future just to see what they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads