• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you're good to go but show a pic of the manufacturers tag to be sure

Thanks - 'feels' legit but appreciate the expert eye :)

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks - 'feels' legit but appreciate the expert eye
smile.gif

No no that's just the branded keeper, I mean the tag that is sewn inside the end of the small blade

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks like a Yohji piece that could get a decent amount but the answer to your question depends on how much you had to give in exchange for owning that

TinderStick

Reaction score
A few more things from yesterday. Not a bad start to the year.

My favourite. Bill Amberg leather suit protector.

Lanvin trainers. 8uk. Available.

Folk merino sweater. Size 4. Available.

Left to right. Valentino, two zegna, prada and two armani. Available.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** Yeah!!! Alabama won. Now, I will have the pleasure of dealing with amazing people (like this guy) for another year. Something tells me that @horse's_ass will not get any sleep in Tuscaloosa tonight.

FTFY

Roll Tide!

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/B]

Never even knew AT made turntables. Checked it out and it basically looks like a knock-off of the Technics SL-1200 (which isn't a bad thing. The SL-1200 is a very desirable TT). Looks decent (S shaped tone arm with removable headshell, counterweight, etc) with good reviews. Worth trying if you'd like the 78 speed. I'd try and buy from a brick and mortar store if you can to make a return easier if it ends up being junk.

Thanks for checking it out. Turns out I can buy online and pick up in a few days at my local Best Buy store - didn't know BB stocked anything other than the one Sony TT I see every time I'm there. That'll make returns a snap if need be. Cool. Thanks!

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, last week I was talking to @Jompso about thrift related stuff and he told me he has a ton of shirts he need to unload. So, I jokely said to him if I could thrift his shirt racks?!

He then sent me a box full of goodies today. I like how each piece was nicely wrapped in plastic bags.

BoO, Brioni, CDG Shirt

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
fing02[1].gif
bounce2.gif
inlove.gif

AND

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was super jelly and drooling over these showroom selvedge when he showed me these last year!!!!!!!

I know he's had some differences with folks on here but in my book, he's a stand up guy. Bro, I hope you much success in your business ventures! I can't wait to see your hauls and your future endeavors. I'm sure it would be epic as **** and will be positive during the process you would have pissed off many people. You can then write books like your usual self.
biggrin.gif

Oh, and for kicks, he told me these are mine and I can do whatever I wish unlike "oh, if you are gonna sell these, we split the profit" or some **** like that.
fing02[1].gif
I can second. @Jompso reached out to me on my love of ties and offered the same thing, he'll send me a box, I pick out what I want, and I send the rest back. I don't know of too many others that would do such a thing.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a couple random ideas. but vintage clothing advertising signs would be cool. Otherwise maybe paneling the front wall as an accent wall with reclaimed milk-paint boards or barn wood to kind of off-set the drabness.
Looks good! What cartridge did it come with? Amy Grant's late 80's/early 90's stuff is a guilty pleasure of mine.

It came with the stock Audio-Technica AT91B cartridge. It may not be super-awesome, but it sounds pretty damned good to my ears.

I also ordered the cork mat. I'm not at all sure whether that matters, but it looks cool. The good thing with Uturn is that the basic turntable is upgradable to higher end components if you so desire.

My listening pleasure this morning is "Carpenters" (1971).

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roombas are awesome. We have a ¬5-year old 700 series and I can vacuum our house with the built-in vacuum and then send out the Roomba on its mission and it will still come back full with everything that was missed -- amazing little devices. I always see these cheap at thrift stores because they break or the battery dies and people think they're impossible to repair; in reality, there are tons of tutorials and cheap replacement parts available online for every model to be put back into service.

I have NOT seen one a thrift. I saw one at an estate sale, but it was missing parts and they still wanted $150 for it. But, now that I know how well they work and how the repairs are fairly simple DIY, I will definitely keep my eye out for them!

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, it's been a year this week since construction started on TGC. Everything is pretty much set up the way I want it. Planning to finish the elevator in the next couple months, and hopefully the deodorizing chamber by the end of this year.....only time will tell.

I have this one spot that I cannot quite figure out what to do. Obviously it will take several pieces to complete the decor, but I am not even sure where to start. My main concern is dusting whatever it is once it is hung.

Any ideas? The drop is roughly 8 feet. Thinking of adding an interior window straight ahead, which will allow natural light in from two windows immediately on the other side of the wall. Of course like everything else in TGC, whatever it is, it must be thrifted, salvaged or repurposed.....Go.

You could do something like this:

Either make it your favorite team if you are a sports fan, or put something about the Seam Store. And you could have it say Sell Like a Champion Today or something similar.

tubs

Reaction score
For the record heads... is there a reasonable way to get into the stuff for cheap? Not trying to throw thousands and thousands at it, but I'd love to pick up a few jazz/blues records to spin at home. I'm open to getting a system that I can upgrade with time so I guess the turntable would be the most important thing to start with? If I had to, I guess I could play the music out of my guitar amp or computer speakers to start with or is that aural blasphemy?
I always recommend that people NOT start vinyl collections. Don't waste your time and money with vinyl- it's an extremely inconvenient format that is a hassle to store, listen to and move. It won't really sound better unless you're getting mint copies of older records ($$$$$) and have a good sound system. Start off with a good stereo soundsystem.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Either make it your favorite team if you are a sports fan, or put something about the Seam Store. And you could have it say Sell Like a Champion Today or something similar.

I'd like to see this on that wall...

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I actually do have one thing on the wall, kinda similar for motivation... but you can't see it in the large pic.....

I'd like to do some taxidermy, but that got veto'd quick. My wife is completely against that. She actually catches bugs in the house to release them outside, unless it is bitter cold and freezing, then she lets me kill them quickly so they don't have to suffer by freezing to death. I call her Mahatma Holly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics