• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
<sigh> the good ol days of napster.

LOL, it wasn't just Napster. He also transferred all of his digital music at CD quality into his iPods. Last I heard, he had at least a dozen iPods. He also had way too many CDs for any one man to listen to in a lifetime.

He got me into bands like Talking Heads and Gillian Welch, and I turned him onto Johnny Cash. Sometimes I do miss actually working with other people.
fing02[1].gif

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey LA crew:

I'll be in your fine city Jan. 27th through Feb. 1 checking out the Riot LA comedy festival. I won't have that much time to hit the thrifts, or luggage space to bring stuff home, but nevertheless if you want to hit a couple stores and/or grab a pint, feel free to send a PM.

On the off chance anyone else is attending, let's hang out for sure.

That reminds me, I'm going to the Mississippi Gulf Coast next week. Arriving in Gulfport and staying in Biloxi. Will likely be hitting up some thrifts all along the area.

Anyone on the Coast? Or have any experience down there?

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That reminds me,  I'm going to the Mississippi Gulf Coast next week.  Arriving in Gulfport and staying in Biloxi.  Will likely be hitting up some thrifts all along the area.  

Anyone on the Coast?  Or have any experience down there? 

I hit a Salvation Army when I was there a few years back and found an Oxxford escorial blazer, nothing else. I only hit a couple stores tho and spent most of my time vacationing (eating, drinking, gambling, sightseeing, popped over to New Orleans).

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree. No way those are legit. They didn't put that kind of labeling inside back them.
The interior labeling is correct. I believe those are the real deal. They have every part they should including the crotch rivet. I've watched it 10 times and I think they check out. Lots of clothes get stored for 100 years and are still in perfect condition. If you pause the video when there laid flat facing the light there's lines from being folded mid thigh and knee. You can look at Levis archive pair online and compair them side by side and there a perfect match in every detail.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got a label pic?

Gave it to a friend who loves that 90's ****. Fake or not, I'm sure he'll rock it so I guess it's a moot point! Appreciate it, though. I'd just assume you are right.

winny94

Reaction score
Any jewelry experts here? If I'm in the market for a vintage engagement ring, where would I begin that search? Obviously mall shops won't have them, but do privately owned shops deal in vintage? Are there specific vintage jewelry shops that I just haven't encountered yet? Any help on where to get started would be great

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I too am anti-shuffle.

My (thrifted) B&O tt decided to stop working a few weeks ago, so pulled my (also thrifted) Technics SL-J33 out of the basement. It is linear tracking, which means that it detects the separate tracks and then decide which songs to play. Here's how it works (not my video):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads