• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillWork4Coffee

Reaction score
Totally understand. Feel the same way about coffee. I get the pour over stuff. I like the taste. But it's not worth the money to me. I am happy with the commercial stuff that tastes like ash or whatever.

Beer, liquor, wine... love the variety, and I'll drink whatever you put in front of me. The coffee thing just ain't for me.
Roast your own coffee and do your own pour overs. I do french press and roughly 50g / 900 ml. So about half that for a medium (16oz) coffee, give you around 85 medium coffees per pound roasted with snobby coffee shop quality beans at $6/lb when green...so $0.07 per cup - pure thrift
nod[1].gif

I agree though on good versus ok/bad - coffee to me is like pizza, even cheap ****** pizza still is pizza
cheers.gif

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes!

Hell yes!

Yeah, I'm a bit of a beer snob. Whatever folks drink is fine... I just like to try different things, and would never stick to any one beer.

My favorite beers so far:

1. Casked Conditioned Red Seal Ale from North Coast Brewing Company (Fort Bragg, CA) -so damn good... And their fish 'n chips are amazing as well!
2. A liter of Hofbrau Original from the Hofbrauhaus in Munich, Germany
3. MacEwan 70 Shilling Ale from the Five In Hand Pub (Edinburgh, Scotland)
3. Double Nut Brown from Mammoth Brewing Company (Mammoth Lakes, CA)

I sent my thriftmasee several really cool sounding Kansas Microbrews. A few of them had descriptions that would make them either amazing or awful!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could never get on board the IPA train. **** always gave me the worst headache. Finally figured out that I was a wheat and pils kind of guy. For all the great knowledge that's been developed over the last two decades in relation to beer tasting, I've still never had as much fun as when I'm shooting Jameson with a High Life to chase.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Might this be available, by any chance? THE only beer I drink :D
PM'd you.
A few minor brags and one croc/gator authenticity check. First, the croc/gator. These are Stuart McGuire. I have found and sold several of these. And I know the company at times made all sort of exotics such as Crocodile/Alligator, Ostrich, reptiles, and I even found a pair of Camel skin. But, I'm not sure about these. They look pretty good, but I can't figure out what is making me question them.
Does not look real from here.
Good call. Nary a one.
Interesting. If you want to send that here, I'm happy to do a free appraisal on it, FWIW.
Stella /quote]
well, it finally happened. i'm through the looking glass:
hahaha what state are you in?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People's Republic of Cali. if you're wondering, it was a skinny navy tie with pinup tipping. did not kop lol but i did rub the tag for luck.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You on the Stella train too Spoo?
Since there are so many beer lovers here gonna post something cool later

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People's Republic of Cali. if you're wondering, it was a skinny navy tie with pinup tipping. did not kop lol but i did rub the tag for luck.

I think finding that is a little Twilight Zonish!

You didn't kop a pinup tie? I thought those did REALLY well? Was that a fad that has faded?

Kazoo

Reaction score
Thanks Linda! Sad for me, its too long. Staple gray J. Press Pressidential by Martin Greenfield. Seems to be closer to 40r than tagged, havent measured p2p yet

Beer talk. Part of my Christmas haul for self lol. A bunch of farmhouse/sours from Jester King in Austin and a smaller brewery in Ohio

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gucci Vintage Loafers (US 8 / UK 7.5 / EU 41)

Canali

Canali

RTBOC

RTBOC

and some other stuff that's off for consignment because I can't take decent pictures:

Brioni

Caruso for Baldessarini (older and unvented)

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @dadjeans .
Just so you know, those fall-tone paisley RTBOC do really well on the secondary market. I usually get $50+ for each of them.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your father in law is classy duke....coldest day of the new year just got a little warmer

Need to set a day (in the spring/summer) for everyone to rock their Magnums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads