• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just some catch and releases today. Sigh the last three trips out and nothing. Do people buy everything Harley or is there a specific item such as jacket it needs to be.

winny94

Reaction score
Cross post from buy/sell thread

I could really use some help on behalf of my little brother.

He has some project/presentation for one of his classes somewhere across the country. He needs a suit, and doesn't wear the same size as me or he could just borrow.I'm hoping someone has something they can part with on the cheap or proxy.

If interested in helping me out, he needs a 46R with a 6-8" drop (his chest measures 45.5"). Ideally id like to find him a double vent, 2-button, gray, blue, or charcoal solid or subtle pattern suit with single pleated trousers, but beggars can't be choosers.

He doesn't need a high end maker, just something like Hart Schaffner Marx, Southwick, those nice local tailors that don't flip well, etc.

If you're not interested in letting something go cheap, or its not worth your time to proxy, I do have a nice Samuelson cashmere gray herringbone sport coat (sz 42) I can trade.

Please let me know if you have something that may work, thanks so much!

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hit Charlotte today. Some stuffs. All available.

Arc'teryx half-zip pullover. Size XL

Aquascutum Aqua 5 with zip-out liner. Probably a 38-40.

Vintage Woolrich buffalo plaid hunting jacket type deal. Size 38.

From top left to bottom: VV Whale shirt(Large), pink Zegna standard cuff(16), New England Shirt Co chambray(small or medium), Filson short-sleeve shirt(Large), Theory purple gingham check(Large)

Top to bottom: Incotex chinolino(36), Incotex 100% linen(34), Incotex brown super 120's(34), Zanella unicorns(34)

Corneliani silk/wool SC. Patch pockets and ****. EU50. Couple of stains I need to have removed but worth it for what I paid.

Burberry London shawl/scarf frilly type ****? I don't know. 90% merino wool/10% cash.

Incotex jeans(HA!) size 34.

Burberry London SC. Dual vents, 42L.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just some catch and releases today. Sigh the last three trips out and nothing. Do people buy everything Harley or is there a specific item such as jacket it needs to be.

Harley shirts printed by 3d emblem are the big ticket ones.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got an RP1 with the performance package. It sounded great without it. It sounds more than great with it. That table is definitely worth the money.

Sounds like you're aiming for a good, middle-of-the-road TT, am I correct (not entry level and not super high end)?

The Rega is an excellent choice for the price-range. However, I've heard fantastic things about the U-Turn Orbit, especially for the price ($300). The Orbit Plus comes in cheaper than the Rega and the Orbit base model is only $179.

http://store.uturnaudio.com/products/orbit-plus-turntable

Also I'd consider the Music Hall MMF-2, but the Rega comes in a little cheaper and I'd say they are pretty much on the same level.

I wouldn't write off vintage completely either. There's some great looking turntables available in the $300-$450 range that don't scream "1970's". One of my favorites is the Denon DP-1100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Denon-D...363150?hash=item5428b76f8e:g:u0sAAOSwrklVcJo9

It's no secret I love the Thorens I got from Nat, but if you end up in that price category, audition a Clear Audio Concept, too. I just installed one for a friend not too long ago and it's seriously high quality.

You must have a local shop that has a used section. If you make it down to Tampa again soon, check out Audio Visions South. That same friend has been workin with them for over 20 years. The owner, George, is a great guy and will be more than happy to help. They have a great used selection, too.
Funny. My dad has a DP-60L. It's the TT I grew up in front of.

Hey guys, I'm new to thrifting for more than just myself as well as to styleforum! I've been lurking here for maybe a week or two now and I feel like I have learned a lot. I just touched down in Vegas, and I'll have one free day in-between work. Not super into gambling, so I figured maybe go thrifting? Any recommendations for places to hit?

I thrifted twice in Vegas - once only hitting a couple shops with no luck, and another time with a rental car for most of the day and only found 2 or 3 things worth picking up. I did hit the thrifts out by the wealthier neighborhoods as well as others scattered around Vegas proper, and I'd never attempt thrifting there again. Both times were a waste of time, gas, money and energy. I mean, if you have absolutely nothing else that interests you and you want to kill some time, sure - go for it.
I'd rather:
  • Go take another tour of the Neon Boneyard (I've taken 7 tours now and would go back in a heartbeat).
  • Head out to Hoover Dam and take one of the insider tours where you get to go inside, and drive through Boulder City on the way back.
  • Get crunked on Fremont Street.
  • Take in all the kitchy sights in Vegas - Peppermill / Fireside, Dino's Lounge, etc.

Awesome this is what I wanted to hear. On a side note, too late for the cheapies???
1f608.png

Farking reindeer? That's nuts. Remember to nomnom yourself for the 2016 cheapies, because, yes, it would be too late for the 2015's...

I'm not much of a beer drinker -- I prefer bourbon or gin. I am sort of a wimp when it comes to beer. I like wheat beers and nice boring beers like Miller Lite. BUT, my father is a beer savant or at least a connoisseur. He says the two greatest beers in the world are Pilsner Urquell and Chimay Ale.

Pabst or Schlitz if I'm just gonna kill a few cells...but I'll splurge on a fine beer if I want to be celebratory. There is (was?) a bar in Chicago when I lived there that had a "Beers of the world" club, and you'd get a punch on a card for every new beer you tried and you'd get a t-shirt when you filled the card. I had 4, maybe 5 of the stupid shirts.

Cracked open the Glenlivet XXV last night and had a few fingers...damn that ****'s good, but not for everyday drinkin'.

You didn't kop a pinup tie? I thought those did REALLY well? Was that a fad that has faded?

Might depend on the tie / image. I had one that was straight-up 1980's era Hustler / Cheri / Oui, very graphic and hairy, and it sold for a ton. Another I had was more 50's topless pin-up but still a nudie and it didn't do so hot.

Edmonton

Reaction score
Not common in the Great White North. Happy to proxy if someone wants it .
[/IMG]

EDIT: Ah fudge. I thought I uploaded two photos from my phone but must have overwritten the first with this second, and I've deleted the originals already. Sorry. :embar:

EDIT2: Just found another on the 'bay, different size but same pattern & patches. :D

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay boys I promised some awesomeness...
Sorry if its too many pics but im on my phone.i will break it up into sections.
First how about this bad boy.weighs a ton.
ChetB or 330 any ideas on maker.I know ive seen these before just cant place it...

Best part...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Okay boys I promised some awesomeness...
Sorry if its too many pics but im on my phone.i will break it up into sections.
First how about this bad boy.weighs a ton.
ChetB or 330 any ideas on maker.I know ive seen these before just cant place it...

Best part...

**** that would be so good in my store.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No clue on the designer but very cool.

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are so ugly i walked by them four times before curiousity got to me.
These are mainline not Pumas...
BNWoT

Best part...

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay and since we are talking about beer.
I found these in an old credenza I bought couple years back.
All before 1978.

These two are my favorites because I loved the 3 Musketeers growing up and Threes Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads