• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YSL still uses that tag? I though they did away with rive gauche a while ago
image.jpg

Am I reading that bottom portion wrong? For some reason I thought it said SR 17 and I read that as ‘summer 17’. Now I’m second-guessing myself since i see it says “SL”.

Also realizing that it’s a suit and not a stand-alone SC. Definitely have to go back on a pants hunt now.

RFHansen

Reaction score
Has anyone seen fake Tumi before? Might have just bought a fake Elias Roll Top. Bought it at the time because the quality looked decent and I didn't think Tumi would have fakes out there. However, it's missing the tracer number and some other things may be off after inspecting. Good thing this particular thrift has a return period if it is fake.

edit: thinking it could be fine if it's the Elias (instead of Luke like I originally thought) after some research, but still not sure

I have a brown 'Tumi' branded shoulder bag I find questionable as well. No ID tags either. The embossed logo isn't as tightly made as I would expect, the strap buckles look cheap.
I posted detailed images of it here with the same question, but no one had a conclusive answer. My enquiry with Tumi CS got no reply.
I have had and sold a genuine Tumi before, and the suspect one looks less perfect. The leather is not obviously fake to me, but it could easily be.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kansas City vicinity bros: There’s an 80’s Valterra Max Headroom skateboard for $30 on Letgo. Amazing all-over graphics. I was jumping up and down at my food fortune until I realized the app had saved my location from traveling a few months ago.

:cloud:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 862086

Am I reading that bottom portion wrong? For some reason I thought it said SR 17 and I read that as ‘summer 17’. Now I’m second-guessing myself since i see it says “SL”.

Also realizing that it’s a suit and not a stand-alone SC. Definitely have to go back on a pants hunt now.
Huh I’m not sure how to read a date from those tags but I thought Hedi got rid of the Y in YSL a few years back. Not sure if they started it back up since he left. May be someone else would know

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First ever vintage furniture cop. Surfboard coffee table about 60 inches long. Pretty sure not true thrift at 100 bucks but got the seller to drive me, my gf, and the table home for free since I didn't have my car so I'll call it a good deal. Anyone have any idea about what kind of wood it is?

IMG_20171021_200329.jpg IMG_20171021_200337.jpg IMG_20171021_200359.jpg IMG_20171021_200428.jpg

Also went to the first ever housing works best of fall event. Some nice stuff but probably equal to ebay prices post flip. Saw some Alias lalegarra chairs I'd consider if they drop another 50 percent.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just thrifted this Apple A1267 display today for $49.99. Pairs up nicely with the other gear, all thrifted within the last couple of months except the MacBook Pro.
JVC SP-FSSD990 speakers with beautiful cherrywood cabinets $6.99 pair
JVC FS-1000 CD Player/Tuner/Aux/Amp $12.99
Apple Bluetooth mouse $3.99
Bamboo Pad by Wacom $5.99
Not shown: Boston Acoustics powered subwoofer $14.99
The Yamaha YSP-4000 Soundbar I had on my desk (earlier post - paid $25 for it) was overwhelming the space, so I sold it on eBay for $175 to a local buyer in two days. Much rather have the monitor in here anyway. The JVC amp had the Steppenwolf soundtrack to this video loud enough at level 3 to get a firm request from my wife to turn it down, so I think it'll do!
IMG_3351.JPG

Last edited:

goneAWOL

Reaction score
First ever vintage furniture cop. Surfboard coffee table about 60 inches long. Pretty sure not true thrift at 100 bucks but got the seller to drive me, my gf, and the table home for free since I didn't have my car so I'll call it a good deal. Anyone have any idea about what kind of wood it is?

View attachment 862109 View attachment 862110 View attachment 862111 View attachment 862112

Also went to the first ever housing works best of fall event. Some nice stuff but probably equal to ebay prices post flip. Saw some Alias lalegarra chairs I'd consider if they drop another 50 percent.

You sure that's real wood? It's definitely not solid wood, maybe veneer, but looks more like Formica to me. Would need a close up to say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads