• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The estate sale I went to was at the Local Weatherman's house! I had no idea it was his house. His wife must have had money because I don't think the Weatherman makes the kid of dough to afford this house and stuff.

9500 Sq. Ft. on the Golf course. The master bedroom was the size of my first house.

Anyway on to the good stuff.

Before I even show any of the stuff, I should mention what I paid for all this. I usually don't reveal what I paid. But, I got to thinking about how much of a brag it is because of how much I paid. So, here it is:

$200.

Seriously, that number is correct.

The lady running the sale always gives me a great deal! But, today as I was telling her stuff and prices, she would enter on her adding machine a much smaller number than what I told her. A few times, when she didn't type anything, I repeated it and she said okay -- but didn't type anything in. Even for her normal great prices, she was probably 50% off.

I just totalled up all the prices and it was $512.50 (and her prices are usually very reasonable anyway). It would have been a brag if I paid $500. I tried to argue with her to give her more and she refused and got a little irritated with me.

Anyway, here is most of the stuff:

I took some closer shots to show some detail. But, I couldn't post all individual pictures, I would be here for HOURS.

In addition, to the photos below, I got 7 Lorenzini Dress Shirts, 6 Zegna Dress Shirts, a bunch of other cashmere sweaters, some Waterford Crystal Glasses (spoken for by My wife) (these cost me an extra $12), plus a Mont Blanc wallet.

There are Three Stetson hats and one Dobbs.

AND here is the Cartier. I think its a Passport holder. It is some sort of exotic skin:

I think I'm going back tomorrow because I probably missed some stuff.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol i got through 3 minutes of "dude counting pants"

i'd rather see a go-pro style gonzo pov buying vid. that'd be amazing. just "file-flipping" through racks of dress shirts in x-mo. while some anthemic trance plays over top. how fun would it be to walk into an SA with a go-pro mounted on your face?

And it's pronounced "Urm-li-dig-lio Zeg-nah"

air-may-nay-Jil-do zān-ya

gn is pronounced similar to spanish ñ

e is pronounced similar to ā

Accent normally on the pinultimate syllable

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had one of those days. With all the sneaker talk last night I cued up Space Jam on Amazon Prime, and wound up passing out before it finished. Woke up at 6a to find my AC had stopped chilling and left me at 80F inside. Got that sorted out easy enough, and went to steal a tire off my other car. Then after that I decided to hit up one of my spots, since I'd been slamming the other two pretty hard out of boredom. I was well rewarded for my efforts. Thread First? Hysteric Glamour This is one of my favorite Japanese SWD Designers, and this **** fits perfectly. Super happy. Followed this up with Some Fred Perry goodness. This one is an L, and is available. Also need some info on this tag @PLaydice Only tag on the T. It is a vintage looking T, but could not find this tag online. Passed on a great Billy Reid made in Italy minty BD sz S Fit 1 if anyone fits, I can proxy. Brought my spare car home to prep for sale, and also remove some stuff I'd been looking for, for a while. @FlorianQC Japanese Selvedge Denim Jacket sort of Lee 101J style. Then came home to find my net was out. Spent the last couple hours on the phone and fiddling with stuff, but managed to get it all sorted.
Hanes Tag is Old 1950's by the looks of it.

Last edited:

dhazard

Reaction score
The estate sale I went to was at the Local Weatherman's house! I had no idea it was his house. His wife must have had money because I don't think the Weatherman makes the kid of dough to afford this house and stuff.

9500 Sq. Ft. on the Golf course. The master bedroom was the size of my first house.

Anyway on to the good stuff.

Before I even show any of the stuff, I should mention what I paid for all this. I usually don't reveal what I paid. But, I got to thinking about how much of a brag it is because of how much I paid. So, here it is:

$200.

Seriously, that number is correct.

The lady running the sale always gives me a great deal! But, today as I was telling her stuff and prices, she would enter on her adding machine a much smaller number than what I told her. A few times, when she didn't type anything, I repeated it and she said okay -- but didn't type anything in. Even for her normal great prices, she was probably 50% off.

I just totalled up all the prices and it was $512.50 (and her prices are usually very reasonable anyway). It would have been a brag if I paid $500. I tried to argue with her to give her more and she refused and got a little irritated with me.

Anyway, here is most of the stuff:

I took some closer shots to show some detail. But, I couldn't post all individual pictures, I would be here for HOURS.

In addition, to the photos below, I got 7 Lorenzini Dress Shirts, 6 Zegna Dress Shirts, a bunch of other cashmere sweaters, some Waterford Crystal Glasses (spoken for by My wife) (these cost me an extra $12), plus a Mont Blanc wallet.

There are Three Stetson hats and one Dobbs.

AND here is the Cartier. I think its a Passport holder. It is some sort of exotic skin:

I think I'm going back tomorrow because I probably missed some stuff.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
air-may-nay-Jil-do zān-ya

gn is pronounced similar to spanish ñ

e is pronounced similar to ā

Accent normally on the pinultimate syllable

no I'm pretty sure it's

yerr
mli
squiggly
o

zegg (hard g as in gullible)
nah

trust me, i'd know - i go to pasta tuesday at Tomatino (it's behind Hooters)

nice try tho

smile.gif

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found Two more Reyn Spooner Shirts, a Sanyo Trenchcoat (I have never heard of Sanyo except as an electronics company), Two Brooks Brothers Seersucker shirts in my size a vintage LL Bean Car Coat and I forgot to mention all the Orvis stuff. Also a new box of 38 special bullets (my 72 year old mother just recently got her Conceal Carry Permit). She is an old lady packing a .38 Special -- so watch out for a little blond lady in a red Lincoln with Kansas plates.

and this little treat for myself:

And a Camel Hair Norfolk in my size!

Unless otherwise indicated, its all available.

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score

YES. This thread needs less J. Crew and Robert Graham and more Arnys!

I guess I won't post the 24 pairs of NWT Robert Graham socks I picked up today. I think we all wish we found more Arny's though.

Estate sales are cool, I need to hit them more often.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess I won't post the 24 pairs of NWT Robert Graham socks I picked up today. I think we all wish we found more Arny's though.

Estate sales are cool, I need to hit them more often.

Skeet socks? How appropriate!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...a Sanyo Trenchcoat (I have never heard of Sanyo except as an electronics company)...
i think it's also japanese and they do light technical raincoats.

i'm gonna seem stupid but i'll admit that i always have to remind myself which is which between sanyo
and
sandro, which i believe is a french raincoat maker, and usually worth a closer look.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fat shout outs to @Jompso He sent me a couple boxes stuffed with polo, and its all great stuff. Anyone ones got a problem with him they got a problem with me :box:

how im living right now.

You guys don't know nothing bout no Prison sneakers, These kicks are so exclusive you could only cop em inside a holding facility yo. real exclusives right here for my con men. :D
Folks, if you don't know I collect stuff related to tough guys, Bikers gangsters, soldiers, warriors, criminal's etc. If you find stuff like this, let me know.

Neat hat.

I bought these in a sandwich bag that was on the ground next to broken 99 cent store ****. Versace Glamour baby, R.I.P GIANNI, WE MISS YOU!!!!

Bright nike wind breaker pullover.

Burberry scarf out a pile of crappy clothes. I pay 1 single dollar. I walk away like "have a great day, good luck"

Kabuki mask vintage shirt.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think it's also japanese and they do light technical raincoats.

i'm gonna seem stupid but i'll admit that i always have to remind myself which is which between sanyo
and
sandro, which i believe is a french raincoat maker, and usually worth a closer look.

Speaking of Asian items, I found this iron tea pot at a different estate sale today (my only purchase at that one).

I think its super old. BUT, i think it also might have a signature.

Anyone know how to translate this?

I don't know which way points up so I have included both views.

Is this the maker's signature?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fat shout outs to @Jompso He sent me a couple boxes stuffed with polo, and its all great stuff. Anyone ones got a problem with him they got a problem with me
boxing[1].gif

how im living right now.

You guys don't know nothing bout no Prison sneakers, These kicks are so exclusive you could only cop em inside a holding facility yo. real exclusives right here for my con men.
biggrin.gif

Folks, if you don't know I collect stuff related to tough guys, Bikers gangsters, soldiers, warriors, criminal's etc. If you find stuff like this, let me know.

Neat hat.

I bought these in a sandwich bag that was on the ground next to broken 99 cent store ****. Versace Glamour baby, R.I.P GIANNI, WE MISS YOU!!!!

Bright nike wind breaker pullover.

Burberry scarf out a pile of crappy clothes. I pay 1 single dollar. I walk away like "have a great day, good luck"

Kabuki mask vintage shirt.
Not Kabuki mask but Beijing opera mask.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bei...Q_AUoAmoVChMItIGD863gxgIVyBeSCh1OBQaW&dpr=0.9

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NobleProf...can you tell us what size all this stuff is so we can know whether to PM hard full on or not? There is a lot of trade stuff there.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NobleProf...can you tell us what size all this stuff is so we can know whether to PM hard full on or not? There is a lot of trade stuff there.

Go ahead and PM away. I can check sizes on things if someone is interested in something specific.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a Sanyo Trenchcoat (I have never heard of Sanyo except as an electronics company),

Sanyo makes some good stuff. Avoid Sanyo Carol Cohen - that's all pretty old. I've bought & sold several of their raincoats, and kept a 100% cashmere one for myself (I think those retailed for around $4k)...their regular coats retail maybe $250-$600. I know Barney's carries them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52