• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeare

Reaction score
Some stuff from yesterday that I've gotten around to photographing.

Gustin #93 Japan Royal ID (36 Straight)

Nudie Thinn Fins (36x32)

Are either of these available? I could use a few more pairs of jeans. Do they both fit pretty similarly? The only jeans I own are several pairs in different styles of Naked and Famous, and I always wear their 36s.

ahk11

Reaction score
@impuntura nice find! I've been looking for one of those at a reasonable price for years.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, a lot of Raider hate in here. I've been a legit fan for a long time but I'll admit there are some fans who are embarrassing just like any team.

Quick question for the lawyer friends in here. Our complex got a new landlord who came in to do a clean sweep from all the shady stuff the previous landlord was doing. He evicted a ton of people and we somehow got sucked into the mess. He changed our locks and we couldn't get in for a few days until everything was sorted out. He offered to do a pro rated rate for the next months rent. Should I be asking for more or take this to court? Was crazy frustrating since we didn't do anything wrong and had all our records/payments to prove it.

We can take this to PM if anyone is willing to throw some advice my way.

Sorry for being off topic!

Promise to post some finds I had stashed in my trunk lol

You would have a claim for wrongful eviction. I have NO idea what California law is on it. But, most states have pretty strict Landlord Tenant laws and would offer some protection. My question would be how were you damaged? Did you have to stay somewhere else? I would expect you would not only get the pro-rata rent for Nov. but you also should get your out of pocket expenses for those few days. Maybe whatever the cost of a few nights stay in a hotel. By the way, I don't think it would be worth it to file a lawsuit unless the California Landlord Tenant laws have some sort of automatic damages. But, you should negotiate for something.

Last edited:

jamesmkeart

Reaction score

Woofa, they are supposed to. It's Goodwill store policy to not sell damaged clothing, but that's bullshit, obviously just based on the sheer quantity of damaged clothing I find on the floor. If you take a piece to the person at the counter and tell them that it's damaged, they'll say "Oh how did that get out here, we're not supposed to sell them when they're like that. I'll take it to the back", but when you come back a few days later it's still out.

My sister is a goodwill manager and part of the issue is that people who price clothes often don't speak English so it's harder to explain wear and tear. Also many of these people come from places where a small hole wouldn't be a reason to throw something away.

Then you have 10 people pricing and one supervisor going through and pulling stuff out. My store is good about pulling stuff. But employees take items and put it in the pile and someone else takes it and puts it away.

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brother is considering going to Raleigh North Carolina for a Car Auction in December and has invited me to go (his treat! So, that's a thrifty trip!). Are there any thrifters in Raleigh? I'll probably be at the Auction most of the day, but it could be fun to a mini thirfters meet. The Auction is december 4, 5.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sister is a goodwill manager and part of the issue is that people who price clothes often don't speak English so it's harder to explain wear and tear. Also many of these people come from places where a small hole wouldn't be a reason to throw something away.

Then you have 10 people pricing and one supervisor going through and pulling stuff out. My store is good about pulling stuff. But employees take items and put it in the pile and someone else takes it and puts it away.
Any perks to having a sibling in management at a thrift? Do you at least get a heads up if cool stuff comes in?

jamesmkeart

Reaction score

Any perks to having a sibling in management at a thrift? Do you at least get a heads up if cool stuff comes in?

Not really. If she sees something I'll generally get there after someone bought it. Also, she doesn't really know much about menswear.

She did tell me most of the pricing stops around 5 so the pricers can help put stuff on the racks. I've done well going in around that time. She's also told me which stores in the area get the least donations.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really. If she sees something I'll generally get there after someone bought it. Also, she doesn't really know much about menswear.

She did tell me most of the pricing stops around 5 so the pricers can help put stuff on the racks. I've done well going in around that time. She's also told me which stores in the area get the least donations.
There is one specific store near me that I would love to chat with a manager about when they price stuff/put it out. I stop by on lunch (any time between 11:00am and 3:00pm) all the time and they rarely put new stuff out. Buuuut, every now and again, there will be 6-7 new racks going out. Same with evenings. I was there a few months ago after 8 and there were still 5 racks to get put away. Found a Barbour that day.

jamesmkeart

Reaction score

There is one specific store near me that I would love to chat with a manager about when they price stuff/put it out. I stop by on lunch (any time between 11:00am and 3:00pm) all the time and they rarely put new stuff out. Buuuut, every now and again, there will be 6-7 new racks going out. Same with evenings. I was there a few months ago after 8 and there were still 5 racks to get put away. Found a Barbour that day.

I actually worked at a goodwill a long time ago and if you're a friendly regular employees will tell you stuff like that.
I get a few people who tell me if they have a bunch of men's stuff to put out or if there's a cool coat just because I say hi a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads