• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chotii

Reaction score
Authenticity check anybody?

I think they're authentic. Fakes generally don't get the O's right - they should be perfect circles, as seen here. This is consistent on the silvertone piece on the heel as well. The lining is clearly leather. Fakes generally don't bother with leather when shiny vinyl will do. That would cut into their bottom line, after all.

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
YES to the idea of a custom letterman jacket.

I made this one a few years ago. Thrifted jacket and a couple bucks spent at an arts & crafts supply store, but so much time spent making the stencils and sewing everything. Damn, it was brutal.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
28 stores on the map tomorrow...Prolly won't make it to 1/2 of them...

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, what say ye? Anyone wants to draw me a badass skull and crossbones?
Also, hand painted bomber jackets with pin-up girls or eagles dropping bombs on Nazi's or something would be cool.

Nell

Reaction score
Rarely post due to time and obvious photography constraints, but I couldn't miss sharing these.

Lobb Newland, 7e. Top 3 find in my five years of doing this. N/A. I'll post some more photos once Brian takes some worth sharing.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd share a #tbt photo with y'all that shows how long lasting my interest in outdoors gear is. This photo is from Christmas 1980, and shows my brother and me (I'm the older one) wearing our parents' Frostline Kit jackets (sewn by mom).

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick and dirty. Shout out to Thrift Vader for the Buzz Rickson MA-1. Very impressed with the quality. Head and shoulders above the regular military issue.

Last edited:

joshmick

Reaction score
Howdy thrift brethren! Got engaged last month! I didn't mention it on here at the time, but figured I would today. We attended a wedding last week in Georgia and here is a thrift fit:

BB Cotton Blazer (traded with easye)
CT Shirt, thrifted
Uniqlo Chinos, discount
Lodger suede chukkas, discount from spoo
Prescription Persols, bought with excess FSA money from my company
No name PS from nordstrom rack

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have been tantalizingly close TWICE.

I saw a pair at a consignment store once, but price wise, it wouldn't have been a very thrifty purchase. :/

Congrats Joshmick!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads