• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nothing crazy here, just a gorgeous brown Brooks Brothers Italy blazer with a small chevron weave made of 100% lambswool. this thing will sell for about 1/10 of what is truly worth, I aboslutellylo love this thing. [
URL=http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1884819/]
LL
[/URL]
I found that same jacket. It really is very nice. Tagged my size but the proportions were off. FYI, not an authority but I'm 95% sure that's actually a herringbone weave. True Chevron is pretty rare in menswear, and usually only found in printed ties. http://www.remodelista.com/posts/chevron-and-herringbone-spot-the-difference Plus, for listings, herringbone will turn up more hits.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/Spoiler]
Sweet finds, bro! Synergy on that mh x Edwin cinch back!
[/spoiler]
Passed on this. Should i go back?

think casual yakuza style. Please no loafers!
Well, the bacteria actually could weaken the cotton which could cause blow outs so when your jeans start to stink, at least soak them and hang dry.

Wow that's super old, I would have hard time leaving it(that's just me tho) but it probably wouldn't sell for much or at all

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/Spoiler]
Sweet finds, bro! Synergy on that mh x Edwin cinch back!
[/spoiler]
Passed on this. Should i go back?

think casual yakuza style. Please no loafers!
Well, the bacteria actually could weaken the cotton which could cause blow outs so when your jeans start to stink, at least soak them and hang dry.
110% pass. Yes you did find a super vintage piece of Gianni Versace clothing, but you also found a super vintage piece of Gianni Versace clothig that no one would want if they are shopping for vintage Gianni Versace. Unless that ****** was Baroque silk its completely worthless. You made the right choice.

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Alright, I know absolutely nothing about women's clothes, and even less than nothing about purses. Can anyone tell me if these seem legit? Grabbed (supposedly real) Prada & Gucci purses for $5 each at a GW that just opened 15 minutes from my house, so I'm not out too much even if they are fake. Tell me if you need more pics to verify, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ever see purseforum?

maybe register there as Jompsette to learn the mysteries?

"Tootsie" scenario. or maybe "Ladybugs".

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in all earnestness, sometimes i'll look at purses but if the leather seems cheap i move on. then i check the stitching, the hardware, then the labels. i know you know how to evaluate leather, stitching, and hardware. if any of those seems cheap or off i skip.

that said, i've only ever copped the one. most of what i see is bullshit.

btw, you know why fakes work? it's cause people want to believe, and they'll actually find excuses to do so, overlooking red flags etc. i try to go in extremely skeptical and ask an object to prove to me that it's real, instead of the other way around.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ever see purseforum?

maybe register there as Jompsette to learn the mysteries? 

"Tootsie" scenario. or maybe "Ladybugs".

Been a purseforum member for two years, have had a bunch of stuff authenticated there and learned a ton about Louis Vuitton from them

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was only joking about the handle. i think it's a good idea to learn from other forums like gearslutz and purseforum.
there's forums for toys, militaria, anything and everything that can be bought sold traded etc. lotta knowledge out there.

Last edited:

TMAdidas

Reaction score

in all earnestness, sometimes i'll look at purses but if the leather seems cheap i move on. then i check the stitching, the hardware, then the labels. i know you know how to evaluate leather, stitching, and hardware. if any of those seems cheap or off i skip.

that said, i've only ever copped the one. most of what i see is bullshit. 

btw, you know why fakes work? it's cause people want to believe, and they'll actually find excuses to do so, overlooking red flags etc. i try to go in extremely skeptical and ask an object to prove to me that it's real, instead of the other way around.

Yeah, I completely understand. I was wary of even getting them because I know nothing about them, but I can sink $10 into it in hopes that even one is legit. The Gucci feels like a very quality and heavier leather, but I wouldn't know what's good or what isn't when it comes to purses. The Prada is a red suede material which is lighter than I'd think it would be, but once again, I wouldn't have the foggiest clue.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats Dalton! Feel like I contributed to the cause with our 3Sixteen deal!

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of watches...this thread has me looking at old family peices so discovered this Hamilton my dad wore this morning.
[/IMG]

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Couldn't have done it without this forum and the knowledge and friends I've gained here.

Off to celebrate round 2 with family

Chotii

Reaction score
Alright, I know absolutely nothing about women's clothes, and even less than nothing about purses. Can anyone tell me if these seem legit? Grabbed (supposedly real) Prada & Gucci purses for $5 each at a GW that just opened 15 minutes from my house, so I'm not out too much even if they are fake. Tell me if you need more pics to verify, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, here is where I may actually be Truly Useful. The chances that those are authentic is slim to none, but since it's possible, let's start here:

What are they made of? If it's not the most sumptuous leather you've ever touched...probably not real. Vinyl/PVC? Cut it into pieces and throw it into the nearest burn barrel. Do NOT re-donate.

Prada does have a 'sport' line, but that's made of cordura nylon. Most of the truly high-end brands do not splash their name brand/logo all over so it can be seen.

Is the visible stitching absolutely perfect, even, and with identical stitch counts on every handle attachment?

What does the interior fabric look like? If it's a gray satiny chevron, it's fake fake fake.

Can you find a serial number stamped anywhere on the inside? If so, what does a google search tell you about that number? What does the underside of the zipper pull say? What brand is the zipper? Does it have a tag inside stating where it was made? Where was it made? None of the top-tier purse manufacturers make their bags in china, and a real tag will generally be woven ribbon, folded in half and stitched into the seam.

I *have* picked up very valuable purses at thrifts, tossed out with the crap and fakes, because they don't know the difference between a real one and the flood of counterfeits. But mostly, it's a flood of counterfeits.

May I see more pictures? (unless you have pitched them into the nearest burn barrel).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads