• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTG, Dalton! Lock it down!

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright, I know absolutely nothing about women's clothes, and even less than nothing about purses. Can anyone tell me if these seem legit? Grabbed (supposedly real) Prada & Gucci purses for $5 each at a GW that just opened 15 minutes from my house, so I'm not out too much even if they are fake. Tell me if you need more pics to verify, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

The R I prada is wrong and the font on the Gucci looks off, not a very clean stamp either

Chotii

Reaction score
Some of the best counterfeit purses are almost impossible to tell from the real, because they are made after hours by the people who make the real ones. But yes. If the logo stamp is wrong, you can just stop there. My husband would be able to tell that. I generally can't. I have to look at other details to be certain of what I'm seeing (or not seeing).

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of the best counterfeit purses are almost impossible to tell from the real, because they are made after hours by the people who make the real ones.  But yes. If the logo stamp is wrong, you can just stop there. My husband would be able to tell that. I generally can't. I have to look at other details to be certain of what I'm seeing (or not seeing).

Found a special edition Louis Vuitton bag a while back, looked perfect, even used vechetta leather. Beautiful bag. Only thing is there was a string hanging out of the bottom where it was mis stitched and it said made in Italy in the interior tag which is fine for a lot of their purses but that particular special edition model was only made in 2002 and they were all made in France

chasd2

Reaction score
Got a few things from the TS the last few days. My biggest question is what sells well and what doesn't?

I found some nice ties (BB, Christian Dior, XMI, HF, etc.) none of which seem to be selling on ebay despite low prices. Shitrts (Zegna, Canali, Ike Behar, Isaia) Some suits (Samuelsohn, Armani, HF, BB, etc.) and then Sport Coats of the same ilk don't sell well either. Is nobody buying clothes on ebay anymore?

When I see nice stuff I can't help myself when the price is so good. Whether it fits me or not. I have a whole closet full of Sports Coats (15) and suits Suits (18). I have at least 60 dress shirts. 20+ slacks. Trying to thin the heard and sell some stuff I pick up thrifting. But all I seem to do is accumulate more stuff.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a few things from the TS the last few days. My biggest question is what sells well and what doesn't?

I found some nice ties (BB, Christian Dior, XMI, HF, etc.) none of which seem to be selling on ebay despite low prices. Shitrts (Zegna, Canali, Ike Behar, Isaia) Some suits (Samuelsohn, Armani, HF, BB, etc.) and then Sport Coats of the same ilk don't sell well either. Is nobody buying clothes on ebay anymore?

When I see nice stuff I can't help myself when the price is so good. Whether it fits me or not. I have a whole closet full of Sports Coats (15) and suits Suits (18). I have at least 60 dress shirts. 20+ slacks. Trying to thin the heard and sell some stuff I pick up thrifting. But all I seem to do is accumulate more stuff.
They are, but i'll leave this topic to someone else.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There's a difference between buying stuff to sell and buying stuff that you like. Sometimes the two mesh, but a lot of the time they don't. Some of the stuff you listed is junk (i.e. dior ties).

If you can't help yourself when it comes to buying crap, you're just going to end up with lots of stuff that you don't wear and no one else wants.

Hint: You can stop buying stuff that you won't wear and that others won't buy. That's a decent start.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few decent finds...
J Crew Ludlow Yorkshire Tweed by Moon sport coat 38S
(2) Bean Norwegian sweaters (1-size Sven / 1-size Lars)

Play by Comme des Garcons (a throaty FU to the person who wrote their name of the tag)

JM Weston black loafers sz 8D (more like a 9 or 9.5)
Ferragamo grain wingtips sz 9.5
NWOT Smathers & Branson needlepoint Alabama flag belt sz 36

And, for the oddball item... A NWT Hudson Bay Co. "CANADA" Olympic scarf. Any scarf in Alabama is bound to be an odd find.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My bad, Dalton...I have been trying to catch up on 250+ unread posts and 20+ unread messages. I just read about your impending nuptials. Congrats, bro! Welcome to the adventure.

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score

I've been at this for a little less than a year so I might not be the person to listen to but here's what I try to do/not do.

1. Don't buy something just because the price is cheap. Unless you know 100% that you can do something with it (keep or sell) you will just wind up with your own thrift store.

2. Know what to pass on. If you plan to shop to keep most of the items then that's up to what you are looking for. If you plan to sell, do a lot of research (number 3) and look into what moves and what doesn't. It's very tempting when you come across something really awesome and cheap but you have to see if from a buyers perspective.

3. Stalk these threads! I read through every single page of the old thread before I started. The people on here know a lot and are very generous with their knowledge.

freehand

Reaction score
^ what Shane said. This thread and the old thread tell you basically all there is to know about thrifting menswear. The eBay thread tells you all you need to know about selling menswear on eBay. It'll take you weeks to read both but it's also a pleasure if you are interested in learning about this weird (and occasionally lucrative) world. Just don't expect to find what Spoo finds, it's just not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads