• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official SW&D thrift/discount store bragging thread

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely are, but I already have them up on the bay. Feel free to toss in a bid or three.
biggrin.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16082637829...LX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_1822wt_754

Actually I've been eyeballing this sucker.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Le-...497?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231eb74c71

Very noice!

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any of those for sale? What anime are you into?

I am a fan of the genre from art house to naughty stuff. Miyazaki is my hero though.These days I watch whatever netflix throws my way. As usual some are good regardless of subgenre and some suck. I believe when I wrote that I was watching chrome shelled regios.
And yes, any of the remaining shoes are available for cost + shipping + 5 bucks gas fund contribution.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of the genre from art house to naughty stuff. Miyazaki is my hero though.These days I watch whatever netflix throws my way. As usual some are good regardless of subgenre and some suck. I believe when I wrote that I was watching chrome shelled regios.
And yes, any of the remaining shoes are available for cost + shipping + 5 bucks gas fund contribution.

Oh yeah, Miyazaki is sick. I've recently got a copy of The Secret World of Arrietty. Planning on watching it this weekend. I've used to have every single movie he ever made, even with the ones he just produced or was the co-producer. The last anime I've watched on Netflix and finished was Soul Society. There was no real ending so it left me disappointed and I'm too lazy to read the manga.

Do you have any black or brown cordovan shells in size 7 or 7.5? Thanks a bunch.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went a 1/2 day without finding anything good. So I end up with this Fosil western shirt. It's cool. It has pretty thick cotton and nice details. It's too bad the sleeves are about 2 to 3 inches too damn long!

I almost bought this. They wanted $18 for it. No way.

These were fun finds but weren't my cup of tea.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nat, those Norse Projects jammers went to a deadbeat bidder huh?  

Yeah, guy immediately messaged me saying he won them by mistake. Didn't want to cause drama and just relisted and got my fees back. Still, how do you bid by mistake? :facepalm:

Second chance, guys.... :spam:

Last edited:

transient

Reaction score
Some of my favorite recent purchases.

7 for all mankind cashmere, $28

vintage frye boots, $32
really ******* love these. some wear but they're built like tanks, not like the new ****** chinese versions

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these sw/d thrifting thread is much needed, I already posted this on the normal thrift thread but figured it would fit in here better. Finding these apc's might not be as crazy for you guys as it was for me but since I live in a bro filled suburban area these were a big find. Where is it that you all live that you are finding visim and thom browne and apc like they are bb classic fit ocbds?!

also I looked back in the thread but am not quite sure, do ebay finds count here? I picked up a barbour quilted jacket for like 15 bucks, and if my current bidding goes as planned i will have a few more finds to share with you
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

also who the **** finds common projects in a thrift store screw you
worship.gif

they are availible

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this count as SW&D? Jacket is at around 7 o'clock on the montage pic. Anyone have a sense whether this is legit? Also, can't get a good sense of value/resale based on Ebay.

Also, I pass on Lucky nearly every time I'm out. Thoughts?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this count as SW&D? Jacket is at around 7 o'clock on the montage pic. Anyone have a sense whether this is legit? Also, can't get a good sense of value/resale based on Ebay.

Also, I pass on Lucky nearly every time I'm out. Thoughts?

Yeah, good pass. Lucky Brand are not that great. I pass on them every time.

mmmmpay

Reaction score
Visited an Orvis outlet, as they tend to carry a few brands I like. Walked out with 3 pairs of LVC Raw Denim in 34-34 and a pair of The Stronghold Herringbone Jeans in a 32. Two of the LVCs I've identified as 1966. The others I'm not sure, but I gave them to my brother. They have green herringbone pocketbags, if that helps. All were new but without original tags, just the Orvis one. I paid 29.99 each. Not amazing, but pretty good. Orvis! They have some great shoes at the outlet if you're into that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads