1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official SW&D thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by darkmatter7, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

2. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

Nat, those Norse Projects jammers went to a deadbeat bidder huh?

3. dernsaw

dernsaw Active Member

Was kind of curious myself, since I seen them back up pretty quick. I'd planned to bid on them but spaced on the closing.

4. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Yeah, guy immediately messaged me saying he won them by mistake. Didn't want to cause drama and just relisted and got my fees back. Still, how do you bid by mistake? :facepalm:

Second chance, guys.... :spam:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  5. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Beige APC Sweatshirt (2)
    [​IMG]

Black Pinstripe MMM Pants (EU 54)
    [​IMG]

6. transient

transient Senior member

Some of my favorite recent purchases.

7 for all mankind cashmere, $28
    [​IMG]

vintage frye boots, $32
    really fucking love these. some wear but they're built like tanks, not like the new shitty chinese versions
    [​IMG]

7. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

these sw/d thrifting thread is much needed, I already posted this on the normal thrift thread but figured it would fit in here better. Finding these apc's might not be as crazy for you guys as it was for me but since I live in a bro filled suburban area these were a big find. Where is it that you all live that you are finding visim and thom browne and apc like they are bb classic fit ocbds?!

also I looked back in the thread but am not quite sure, do ebay finds count here? I picked up a barbour quilted jacket for like 15 bucks, and if my current bidding goes as planned i will have a few more finds to share with you [​IMG]

also who the fuck finds common projects in a thrift store screw you [​IMG]

they are availible

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Does this count as SW&D? Jacket is at around 7 o'clock on the montage pic. Anyone have a sense whether this is legit? Also, can't get a good sense of value/resale based on Ebay.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Also, I pass on Lucky nearly every time I'm out. Thoughts?

9. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Yeah, good pass. Lucky Brand are not that great. I pass on them every time.

10. mmmmpay

mmmmpay Senior member

Visited an Orvis outlet, as they tend to carry a few brands I like. Walked out with 3 pairs of LVC Raw Denim in 34-34 and a pair of The Stronghold Herringbone Jeans in a 32. Two of the LVCs I've identified as 1966. The others I'm not sure, but I gave them to my brother. They have green herringbone pocketbags, if that helps. All were new but without original tags, just the Orvis one. I paid 29.99 each. Not amazing, but pretty good. Orvis! They have some great shoes at the outlet if you're into that.

11. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Dang - that's a good deal! Never would have thought Orvis would have LVC and The Stronghold!

12. mmmmpay

mmmmpay Senior member

Wild right? They're trying to get in on the made in America bandwagon but for a lack of manufacturing presence just carry other brands. They carry a lot of Barbour too, and their footwear selection is good for Wolverines or Eastland Made in Maine. I'm hoping to come across one of these at discount some day: http://www.orvis.com/store/product....5&group_id=22497&cat_id=22498&subcat_id=22499

13. meso

meso Senior member

Stronghold shirts have always fit strangely to me: big and blousy in the chest, short in the arms. I think they're going for an "authentic" fit, but it's incongruous with their skinny venice hipster population. I have a medium build and still find their gear to fit super awkwardly.

14. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

Bought some stuff for myself.

Thrift fit + finds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Burberry black label is diffusion label in Japan made on license. It's very mid-range. That jacket is legit BBL, though - must've been donated by either a Japanese guy or a world-hopping men's fashunz type.

16. Crat

Crat Senior member

A fieldjacket I picked up not too long ago. I've waxed it with a bit of fjall raven greenland wax.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Nizza

Nizza Senior member

I'm not sure whether my post is appropriate here or not....but if anyone saw these vintage adidas (Shooting Star) Could you please pm or contact me??

I've been searching it everywhere, but never ever be able to find one.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    P

18. bryce126

bryce126 Senior member

what the fuck thrift stores are you guys going to? I llve in LA and see crap at my local ones.

19. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

I don't really get the crazy shirt thing myself, so I've never really looked into it. Anyway, I recognized TM Lewin - is this anything any of you would want? I can go back for it if so.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  20. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

j crew selvage and birkenstocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]