• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL STYLEFORUM SECRET SANTA 2022

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A huge shout-out to @Evacipator for the holiday goodies! He gifted me a really cool cookbook which will lead the family and I on some epicurean adventures through 2023, some fun reading (bonus points for the sartorial nod on the second one!) and, best of all, an absolute tank of an umbrella. He also took the time to write a lovely hand-written note!

20230116_224213.jpg

It doesn't rain much here, but when it does, it inevitably happens during my short walk between the train and the office and is accompanied by gale-force winds. Now I can finally enjoy my commute without looking like a schmuck with a cheap, broken umbrella.

Much appreciated and very thoughtful! Thanks man!

Jen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received a nice collection of local (Idaho) goodies from @Jen. Included is a jar of plum preserve, pears, wild huckleberry syrup, pickles, wooden whistle and a lovely card! She also let me know another item is coming.

Already tried the pears and jam on toast. Wonderful stuff. Thanks Jen!!

View attachment 1869770

Edit: Forgot to mention that the card image is a nice touch. I told Jen that I’ve been enjoying getting into fishing lately. :cool:
I made a huckleberry martini with that syrup last night, and it was delicious. Syrup, lemon juice, gin (1:1:2, though I might have done 3). Shaken with ice. :slayer:

Evacipator

Reaction score
@dadjeans No problem man! You're more than welcome. Hope the umbrella serves you well (but not too frequently), and that you can pick up something new and interesting from the cookbook. The novels are a bit off the wall but hopefully they hold up to your idea of a fun read too.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my gift as well!!

@edmorel is a kind, generous, witty, beautiful man.

Sadly, UPS done fucked his **** up. One of the bottles of scotch broke in the package which made everything "smell like a frat boy threw up" according to my secretary who opened it.

That said, 2 bottles of scotch, a scotch soaked tie (maybe salvageable? Will see what royalty cleaners can do), a scotch soaked shirt, a tasty looking champagne, and a beautiful portrait of my personality(see picture) as well as a few eyepatches made thaian I credible Christmas season..

Thank you everyone for making this an awesome season!

1673967517907988978164375278352.jpg
See? I really think @edmorel captured the essence of my soul in this..

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my gift as well!!

@edmorel is a kind, generous, witty, beautiful man.

Sadly, UPS done fucked his **** up. One of the bottles of scotch broke in the package which made everything "smell like a frat boy threw up" according to my secretary who opened it.
Wood?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A huge shout-out to @Evacipator for the holiday goodies! He gifted me a really cool cookbook which will lead the family and I on some epicurean adventures through 2023, some fun reading (bonus points for the sartorial nod on the second one!) and, best of all, an absolute tank of an umbrella. He also took the time to write a lovely hand-written note!

View attachment 1879414

It doesn't rain much here, but when it does, it inevitably happens during my short walk between the train and the office and is accompanied by gale-force winds. Now I can finally enjoy my commute without looking like a schmuck with a cheap, broken umbrella.

Much appreciated and very thoughtful! Thanks man!

I read John Dies at the End last year and really enjoyed that one. It's a strange one, but it was a fun trip. I've got his follow-up, This Book is Full of Spiders sitting on my desk in my den to give a try but now maybe I want to check out that Futuristic Violence one first.

Evacipator

Reaction score
I read John Dies at the End last year and really enjoyed that one. It's a strange one, but it was a fun trip. I've got his follow-up, This Book is Full of Spiders sitting on my desk in my den to give a try but now maybe I want to check out that Futuristic Violence one first.

Spiders is really good too (if you liked the first one), and I prefer that series on the whole - though I do enjoy both.

Friend

Reaction score
So, plot twist... I'm part of another secret santa with a group of friends, and have had the package for that sitting in my living room since December, because we haven't been able to all get together and open them yet. Or so I thought, because the actual package for that arrived today, and I realized the other mysterious Amazon package was actually the second half of my gift from @Jmr928. Oops.

20230124_185609.jpg

Some lovely looking oil and vinegar staples to add to the mix. Thanks again! Truly the gift that kept giving.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just remember if you get me, I have no need for a 2nd rubber dog shiit.

Don’t you know that rubber dog **** is fungible?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t you know that rubber dog **** is fungible?
So, I finally broke down to look that word up again, because it's so hot right now.
I only knew of it because of NFTs which I had zero interest in, and those turned out as I thought.
So non fungible

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_7128.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads