• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL STYLEFORUM SECRET SANTA 2022

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Michigan Planner I finally put that sailcloth strap on my watch today. Loving it...thanks again!

PXL_20230107_180638060.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Piobaire as our resident thread observer how did we do this year?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to honor any transfer
Thanks! Win-win. Some extra money for a good cause and my wife doesn’t get mad at me for buying more stuff. Thinking back on this I had really wanted the umbrella (which rocks btw) and won this auction between when she’d ordered me one from Kent Wang and when I opened it for Christmas.
@Jmr928

I will bid 475 to a charity of your choice for the transfer :)
Man. @PhilKenSebben coming in hot out the gate. Let’s run this through tomorrow at 6pm eastern.

If there’s no objections or better ideas I’ll suggest The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation to try and pick a cause with a national footprint (sorry, Canadians)

Background: Hazelden is among the oldest and best regarded addiction treatment centers in the US having been founded in the 1940’s before merging with the Betty Ford Center. Today they have 15 locations across the US.

For those who haven’t lived through it, treatment isn’t cheap and a stay not covered by insurance can run anywhere from about $30,000 for a 28 day stay or into the 6 figures if you get recommended for extended care. A daunting figure under the best circumstances let alone after your addiction has gotten bad enough that you’re willing to seek help - Most folks don’t show up at treatment on a winning streak.

With this in mind, Hazelden Betty Ford offers scholarships to make treatment more equitable for folks who would otherwise be unable to get access to their services and also offers scholarships for folks going through their Family Program so they can learn about the disease impacting their loved ones.

I can assure you it isn’t hyperbole to say their staff saves lives.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Win-win. Some extra money for a good cause and my wife doesn’t get mad at me for buying more stuff. Thinking back on this I had really wanted the umbrella (which rocks btw) and won this auction between when she’d ordered me one from Kent Wang and when I opened it for Christmas.

Man. @PhilKenSebben coming in hot out the gate. Let’s run this through tomorrow at 6pm eastern.

If there’s no objections or better ideas I’ll suggest The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation to try and pick a cause with a national footprint (sorry, Canadians)

Background: Hazelden is among the oldest and best regarded addiction treatment centers in the US having been founded in the 1940’s before merging with the Betty Ford Center. Today they have 15 locations across the US.

For those who haven’t lived through it, treatment isn’t cheap and a stay not covered by insurance can run anywhere from about $30,000 for a 28 day stay or into the 6 figures if you get recommended for extended care. A daunting figure under the best circumstances let alone after your addiction has gotten bad enough that you’re willing to seek help - Most folks don’t show up at treatment on a winning streak.

With this in mind, Hazelden Betty Ford offers scholarships to make treatment more equitable for folks who would otherwise be unable to get access to their services and also offers scholarships for folks going through their Family Program so they can learn about the disease impacting their loved ones.

I can assure you it isn’t hyperbole to say their staff saves lives.
I was going to suggest
but it’s whatever you choose

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ny if you small timers gonna out bid me??

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jmr928 @Kent Wang let me know what I for you both need to confirm this, and I will make a donation!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly is the prize again?

$575 if things are still going
Technically I think I said through 6pm eastern tonight which would make @PhilKenSebben the winner.

I guess if he wanted to let people keep bidding he could make that choice

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selfishly, I would like the bidding to stop. However, honestly, I leave that to @Jmr928

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics