• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

David Copeland

Reaction score

If he didn't have the problem w/ Kiwi, then perhaps your best suggestion should be switching back to kiwi instead of using one Saphir product to fix another Saphir products problems. What's the point of using A to cure B with C side effects and then uses D to cure side effect C with another side effect which can only be cured by E? Shoe care products shouldnt be sold like prescription drugs...
It has been said that the Saphir Wax is the final application to seal the Saphir Cream. The OP mentioned he used Reno and Wax. Not sure if he used Reno, then cream, then wax as a 3-step process (which is recommended on Saphir sites. However, the Saphir sites suggest the weather product to be added after the was step. That makes 4-steps when considering potential rain days.

If anyone is happy with Kiwi, then stay with it. But there is ample testimonials from others have enjoyed a much better satin or waxed shine using Saphir products. And if one more item is available for adverse weather, I see not issue with investing $13 to product the work.

David Copeland

Reaction score
Browsers or tabs?

Honest question: What does one do for work in Montana?
Tabs and browsers.

I try to shut down my computers at least once a week (not just a soft reboot) so as to refresh the resources. But many times I see that I get up to 70 tabs in 10 browsers, which include Google Chrome, Firefox, and a few Internet Explorer. Sometimes I fall victim to screen-sucking where I end up locating new resources on the web for bookmarking or using within my profession.

Work in Montana? There are more cattle in this state than people (less than a million). Mining, oil, tourism, support services and virtual offices in finance, investments, law, and other service oriented areas.

My office moved from Newport Beach to Montana and the Northwest back around the time the US Chamber of Commerce reported that 24% of the American workforce is deemed to be able to work anywhere in the country by 1996 with virtual technology. We took our national clients with us, and it has been a great journey. If the office had moved to your area in Manhattan (?), then I would probably be still exploring the Big City and the eastern coast. Home and work is where we make it happen.

David Copeland

Reaction score
He's an inmate in a supermax
Who would have thought that prisoners would have use of the internet and social sites. Isn't that amazing? Not sure about the Supermax, but I have seen other news reports on prisoners who have private cells, TV, book library, and internet cafes.

Come to think about it, if they did live and learn on the internet and spiffed up their skills - they may be more employable than some of these your kids graduating from schools.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who would have thought that prisoners would have use of the internet and social sites.  Isn't that amazing?  Not sure about the Supermax, but I have seen other news reports on prisoners who have private cells, TV, book library, and internet cafes.

Come to think about it, if they did live and learn on the internet and spiffed up their skills - they may be more employable than some of these your kids graduating from schools.

Would be good if they did that instead of becoming better criminals

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has been said that the Saphir Wax is the final application to seal the Saphir Cream. The OP mentioned he used Reno and Wax. Not sure if he used Reno, then cream, then wax as a 3-step process (which is recommended on Saphir sites. However, the Saphir sites suggest the weather product to be added after the was step. That makes 4-steps when considering potential rain days.

If anyone is happy with Kiwi, then stay with it. But there is ample testimonials from others have enjoyed a much better satin or waxed shine using Saphir products. And if one more item is available for adverse weather, I see not issue with investing $13 to product the work.

I don't see any of those processes on the official Saphir site.

http://www.avel.com/products,2,78

Ulsterman

Reaction score

If this fails, I repeat my suggestion to use a thin latex glove.  These gloves are cheap as chips.

Gloves could be a good idea, last nights efforts were successful. I only did the Reno and the cream but the shoes, AE Boca Ratons and Dalton's, both in walnut, achieved a nice healthy glow.

I tried the neutral wax on one of the toe caps and once again it removed the pigment and didn't shine up much as all, I think I may need pigmented wax instead.

NeedStyleHelp

Reaction score
So I've read through a lot of this thread and the biggest thing I came away with is a headache
baldy[1].gif

I've got a question about two pairs of Carmina's I just ordered.

What would be the best shoe care kit for these (shoe trees, creams, polishes, etc.):

80105 simpson last 7.5 uk in brown vegano: http://www.quality-shop.nl/media/ca...e5fb8d27136e95/c/a/carmina_oxford_bruin_z.jpg

and

80091 simpson last 7.5 uk burgundy calf : http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/494792/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL

I appreciate any answers I get!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads