• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Jacob Kozinn?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Edit: Post is irrelevant after spamination of the nasty guy.

emptym

Reaction score
He's been warned and asked to clean up his posts.

Edit, he's been spamminated after he replied with this:
no promises-

i have stuff to do now so you have another 20 hours free of me- i will be back to check how marsupialed -or nor- the thread became

I checked his other posts and at least 90% were petty insults to other members w/ no helpful content. I don't think they'll be missed. Sadly, he did seem knowledgeable enough to be capable of posting helpful content. Too bad he chose not to.

Unregistered

Reaction score
Now it will take too much effort add him to my ignore list
frown.gif

Good riddance.

Now, OP's shoes following his polishing...
drool.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh. So sad how people act when they arent getting any _______

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lear
Having said that, many do a splendid job using Kiwi. It's more about the technique than the product.

Remember: everything I've stated above can easily be contradicted. It seems that shoe polishing is more black art than anything else.

exactly.

at the current experience status, i can hardly imagine how anybody would screw up a pair. i mean really screw up. i never managed to do it and i'm not planning in the future. though this is also in the eye of the beholder.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Sadly, he did seem knowledgeable enough to be capable of posting helpful content. Too bad he chose not to.

fwiw, he was always very helpful via pm.

604Coast

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Brilliant thread idea! Subscribed!

Thanks for the pictures guys! Keep them coming!

Where do you guys get your Saphir products? I'm looking for some after seeing the results and I'd love to know a good place to get them that hopefully ships to Canada!

I recently had a great transaction with Leffot. The contact email is [email protected], they will ship to Canada (though expensive, I decided to have mine shipped to my American address).

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Thank you, all for the nice comments.

NOBD - that is awesome work with the suede cleaner/restorer. Funny, I was just looking at it online yesterday. You only suggest it for darker suede though - is there a reason? Do you suppose it would darken snuff suede too much? Also, does that stuff 'stay on' the shoe or does it slowly come off (on pant legs, furniture, etc.)?

Lear - awesome write up! Can you post some photos of your work?

All - is there a difference between paste, wax and paste wax? Or is it just A) Paste and B) Wax/Paste Wax (with wax and paste wax being the same thing)? Also, which products (paste, wax, cream, others) actually add color/stain to the shoe vs. just conditioning/cleaning?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
NOBD - that is awesome work with the suede cleaner/restorer. ... Also, does that stuff 'stay on' the shoe or does it slowly come off (on pant legs, furniture, etc.)?

it stays after it is dried. keep in mind you have to brush them before wearing, so no access rests on them.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
He's been warned and asked to clean up his posts.

Edit, he's been spamminated after he replied with this:

I checked his other posts and at least 90% were petty insults to other members w/ no helpful content. I don't think they'll be missed. Sadly, he did seem knowledgeable enough to be capable of posting helpful content. Too bad he chose not to.

+1 that guy was all bad

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
NOBD - that is awesome work with the suede cleaner/restorer. Funny, I was just looking at it online yesterday. You only suggest it for darker suede though - is there a reason? Do you suppose it would darken snuff suede too much? Also, does that stuff 'stay on' the shoe or does it slowly come off (on pant legs, furniture, etc.)?

I would definitely not use it on snuff suede, only on dark brown. It's rather 'painty', although I don't think it's permanent—the shoes I treated slowly seem to get their original colour back (in the case of the monks: mink, which is a bit grey-ish).

I think there's a mid brown Saphir spray as well, and fritzl may know the colours of Collonil (another brand). I use non-colour sprays for other suede colours.

I haven't noticed any stains on clothing or furniture. I'd let them dry for a day and/or give them a brush, like fritzl said.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads