• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have got two pairs of 'smart' boots and lots of pairs of shoes. I enjoy wearing both types. Apart from the cosmetic issues, are there any particular advantages of boots over shoes? I am not talking of heavyweight, walking boots. I find my boots to be very comfortable and may get another pair for Christmas. If you had only one choice - boots or shoes - which would you choose and why? I am thinking of boots/shoes in the more casual context. I appreciate that you wouldn't necessarily wear boots as a best man at a wedding. Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

Festive wishes, M.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B. Nelson takes mail in. You could probably drop off next time you are in midtown east though.

Thanks brother. hope all is well!

My experience at B. Nelson has been....fine. ok. not great enough that I'd mail them in (and I'm not in NYC much anymore). I just see such amazing work from folks on here that I was curious if anyone had a specialty rec for me.

but I appreciate the suggestion all the same, I hadn't thought of them

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove water stain like this?
20171203_141126.jpg

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove water stain like this?
View attachment 885674
My C&J calf’s had water marks like that and I polished the entire shoe with natural saphir cream then brushed the heck out of them and it was gone. By the looks of the toe on the shoe they could use a little love.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My C&J calf’s had water marks like that and I polished the entire shoe with natural saphir cream then brushed the heck out of them and it was gone. By the looks of the toe on the shoe they could use a little love.

Yeh this is after I put them through Renomat. I tried Renovateur several times but doesn't seem to work.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of oxfords that squeak when i wear them with standard wool dress socks, mostly in the heel. What would work to kill the squeak, some baby powder?

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone out there prepared to tell me why they reach for Renomat, so quickly? I would have thought that it was the Patron Saint of Lost Causes. And not a regular part of shoe care. Yours, Munky.

cypi2

Reaction score
Is anyone out there prepared to tell me why they reach for Renomat, so quickly? I would have thought that it was the Patron Saint of Lost Causes. And not a regular part of shoe care. Yours, Munky.

I use Saphir Renomat approximately twice a year on all my shoes to remove all shoe cream or paste residue. I have been doing this for years, and, it has worked well for me.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the heel bases need to be reset.

Thanks. I am a customer btw, and typing this from 4 blocks away...i should be more specific, the squeaking is coming from inside the shoe as the sock slides against the inside leather, not the heel of the shoe moving

Christian GV.

Reaction score
Yeh this is after I put them through Renomat. I tried Renovateur several times but doesn't seem to work.

Misterg12's method should be fine, neutral creme (Creme 1925 in particular) and brushing works wonders. If the stain is still visible, you could try soaking the whole leather upper with water (make it all dark to avoid any further water stain spots) and lightly wash it with leather soap (not saddle soap, it'd be overkill). Then let it dry in air temperature and the water stain will be gone. Make sure to condition the leather thoroughly when it's gotten dry with Bick, Saphir Leather Lotion etc. I do hope this will help in removing that water stain!

The Renomat is very strong, I agree, though it's very effective on removing those hard waxes quickly. I think those who like to use it favours a new shine build every time? Frankly, I don't think there's any problem using the Renomat in regular shoe care as long as there's a serious amount of wax on the shoe. Best wishes, Chris

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads