• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junglejack

Reaction score
Hi all -- new here -- thoughts on this shearling shirt? it's awfully pricey, and the soho and online stores only have 1-2 left.

no jacket should cost this much -- period -- and i feel like paying this much is getting ripped off.

thoughts? i am a M large.

View attachment 1140751

While somewhat high, it is not crazily so for real shearling which I assume it is. The biggest negative to me is I am guessing it is manufactured in Turkey (real common manufacturing location for shearling) as opposed to the UK or Spain. Moreover, it might not be made from Spanish shearling. At that price, those are the kind of things that I am more attuned to.

noretailplease

Reaction score
While somewhat high, it is not crazily so for real shearling which I assume it is. The biggest negative to me is I am guessing it is manufactured in Turkey (real common manufacturing location for shearling) as opposed to the UK or Spain. Moreover, it might not be made from Spanish shearling. At that price, those are the kind of things that I am more attuned to.

Thanks for this -- the shearling is from Bulgaria, oddly, pretty much Turkey's neighbor -- and the RRL store said they "think" the coat is made in India -- again, not sure.

With the Einstein made in Italy, something definitely feels better / right about it.

noretailplease

Reaction score

And yes, real shearling.

Junglejack

Reaction score
Thanks for this -- the shearling is from Bulgaria, oddly, pretty much Turkey's neighbor -- and the RRL store said they "think" the coat is made in India -- again, not sure.

With the Einstein made in Italy, something definitely feels better / right about it.

I just checked it out and it looks really nice. Shearling rules and I purchased another one a few months back from Barneys that I could not be happier with. That said, thankfully there are not too many days left this year that warrant wearing shearling unless you happen to live in Montana and the like.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m sure this has been asked and answered, but how much will the rigid denim shrink? Never purchased RRL raw denim. (Experience with Fullcount, Pure Blue and Studio)

The limited edition straight leg from last season shows a 30” waist for a size 28. As this is rigid, how much shrinkage should I expect?

Thanks!

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m sure this has been asked and answered, but how much will the rigid denim shrink? Never purchased RRL raw denim. (Experience with Fullcount, Pure Blue and Studio)

The limited edition straight leg from last season shows a 30” waist for a size 28. As this is rigid, how much shrinkage should I expect?

Thanks!
Not much shrinking if any, and should anticipate about an inch of stretch after wearing a few times

Kwaker

Reaction score
I hot washed and machine dried a pair of low straight rigids (Cone denim) and got minimal shrinkage ... they are sanforized for sure.

Cooly

Reaction score
I hot washed and machine dried a pair of low straight rigids (Cone denim) and got minimal shrinkage ... they are sanforized for sure.

Hmmm...I wonder who makes RRL regular rigid jeans now that Cone is all made in Mexico and China? It seems all their $300+ price point jeans are Japan woven...does anyone know the Japan mill/manufacturer?

mrbig

Reaction score
Hmmm...I wonder who makes RRL regular rigid jeans now that Cone is all made in Mexico and China? It seems all their $300+ price point jeans are Japan woven...does anyone know the Japan mill/manufacturer?

I've been on the RRL denim train for years and I've only seen a handful of pairs of Cone. The vast majority of RRL rigid are the proprietary 15oz (or so) woven in Japan.

aquila49

Reaction score
Brunel have the white rubber sole which I can only imagine is 1000x more comfortable than the ******* bricks that the Cliftons were. Never have I been beaten into submission like wearing the cliftons for a few months

I see. Makes sense, but I actually like the "gravity" of the Cliftons.;)

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much indigo is too much? Indigo polo with the limited edition indigo chinos

20190311_162550.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Clifton boots. @Fenderplyr may have over stated it, but these are noticeably less comfortable than the Brunel boots. And it's not just due to the leather sole vs white sole. The Clifton leather is a lot stiffer and much less pliable. I've had these 4+ years and they're still not broken in. I figure at the rate I rotate through boots they should be fully broken in sometime in the 10 years.
O-okY5HwRTmcjNcT8vgJcQ.jpg

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that look man! Raw denim shirt and raw denim jeans is a different story in my opinion(no hate). Like the way you paired the two together. Wish I got my hands on the limited chino
This gives a better look at the indigo difference. I like this look more than the denim on denim of similar shades myself. The chinos are freaking awesome too. If you can score them, highly recommend

20190311_190633.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads