1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. noretailplease

noretailplease Member

There is an RRL "Spend to Get" sale from 16-18 Mar --

$500 off for $1500 or more spend,
    $300 for $1K purchase
    $125 for $500 purchase

- one per customer
    - mens only, non-sale / non spring and summer
    - no vintage (whatever that is)

2. BK_Verbs

BK_Verbs Member

They are doing a cocktail/DJ event around this at the Williamsburg Brooklyn location.

3. Cooly

Cooly Senior Member

Looks great and of course...you can't over do indigo....but IMHO you can dreadfully mismatch different shades of indigo ....

Hopefully you won't have the same experience I've had with all the one pocket RRL polos with the self collar...they just fall flat against the shoulder making the neck area look really weird...starts out ok in the morning when I put it on, but in a few minutes after wear...they just fall completely flat...

4. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior Member

sorry i need to try it with that in mind to give an accurate read. It is lined so fuller. I didn't feel it was overly boxy nor fitted. I went true to size and was very happy with the fit.

5. BK_Verbs

BK_Verbs Member

Took advantage of the EBay 15% deal today. These 2 incoming and a pair of APC jeans.

5D878E96-8C43-4391-AF39-F08908313FF2.jpeg 5509F505-23FF-420B-9448-9D30893C5371.jpeg

6. xiaobenben

xiaobenben Member

Hi all, I'm a long time member who hasn't posted in many years. But an avid RRL fan with much RRL in my closet that I wear often.

I was lucky to pick up one of the last indigo patchwork cardigans from winter season at the 'low price' of only ~$525 (down from $1400 RRP, which I could never justify/afford). I live in San Francisco, and our summers are cold and foggy, so I'll definitely have many opportunities to wear it.

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-sweaters/indigo-patchwork-cardigan/443003.html

Just got it in the mail and it looks gorgeous and fits me well, but I had a question... this cardigan is made of multiple different types of fabric (wool, linen, cotton), and I'm wondering if it will wear unevenly. For example, the indigo dyed linen patches are rigid and seem like they'll take quite a lot of abuse, but the wool patches are soft and loose. Basically, I don't know if this thing is going to withstand a lot of wear, and whether I'll get longterm value out of this thing? Even though it looks beautiful. Curious for thoughts / if anyone else know this piece or similar patchwork pieces. Thanks!

rrl-Black-Dark-Grey-Indigo-Patchwork-Cardigan.jpeg

7. bobbo28

bobbo28 Well-Known Member

Do you know if this promo is in store only or will RL also promote it online?

8. bobbo28

bobbo28 Well-Known Member

9. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

It's pieces like this that show how great the distressed finishes of RRL can be

10. bigpilotwo7

bigpilotwo7 Active Member

Denim apron.
    Been cooking a lot and saw this online.
    Firstly, this thing is thin, light, and much smaller than expected. I would say 9-10oz denim. Feels like a soft tablecloth. Upon wearing, it fits nicely and is super comfortable. I also like the patch pockets up front. I’m torn. Really like it, but $200 is a bit much (isn’t that what we all say about every RRL item).

D4F7FC88-C842-4B77-B86D-FFC6095347A2.jpeg

11. bigpilotwo7

bigpilotwo7 Active Member

I returned it. It was too similar to the other jackets in my stable. Otherwise, it is a great jacket. Fit and quality. I plan to pick it up if it's still around during the bi-annual fire sale.

12. Timbaland

Timbaland Distinguished Member

@xiaobenben I wouldn't worry about it, just keep it if you like it. I've never had any clothes fall apart from normal wear and tear.

It'd be different if you put extra wear on it like wearing a backpack with it everyday

13. d4nimal

d4nimal Senior Member

Reminds me of a mini-dress version of an apron.

14. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior Member

Went to check out the jacket in person but was totally underwhelmed by it. I was expecting a thicker and coarser textured roughout leather that can take a lot of abuse. It turned out to be just garden variety suede like on a typical suede jacket.

15. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior Member

A huge thank you to @urbanwoodsman for helping me out with this suit. Fabric is amazing and has the most subtle texture and nice dark hue of indigo. Should go over very well on the wedding day (RRL indigo herringbone 3 piece suit)
    20190314_102559.jpg 20190314_102609.jpg