1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Junglejack

Junglejack Senior Member

While somewhat high, it is not crazily so for real shearling which I assume it is. The biggest negative to me is I am guessing it is manufactured in Turkey (real common manufacturing location for shearling) as opposed to the UK or Spain. Moreover, it might not be made from Spanish shearling. At that price, those are the kind of things that I am more attuned to.

2. noretailplease

noretailplease Member

Thanks for this -- the shearling is from Bulgaria, oddly, pretty much Turkey's neighbor -- and the RRL store said they "think" the coat is made in India -- again, not sure.

With the Einstein made in Italy, something definitely feels better / right about it.

3. noretailplease

noretailplease Member

And yes, real shearling.

4. Junglejack

Junglejack Senior Member

I just checked it out and it looks really nice. Shearling rules and I purchased another one a few months back from Barneys that I could not be happier with. That said, thankfully there are not too many days left this year that warrant wearing shearling unless you happen to live in Montana and the like.

5. hyunbin09

hyunbin09 Active Member

Hi guys,

I’m sure this has been asked and answered, but how much will the rigid denim shrink? Never purchased RRL raw denim. (Experience with Fullcount, Pure Blue and Studio)

The limited edition straight leg from last season shows a 30” waist for a size 28. As this is rigid, how much shrinkage should I expect?

Thanks!

6. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior Member

Not much shrinking if any, and should anticipate about an inch of stretch after wearing a few times

7. hyunbin09

hyunbin09 Active Member

Thanks so much! Will not purchase then. About 1.5” too big :/ was hoping for shrinkage.

8. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior Member

I hot washed and machine dried a pair of low straight rigids (Cone denim) and got minimal shrinkage ... they are sanforized for sure.

9. Cooly

Cooly Senior Member

Hmmm...I wonder who makes RRL regular rigid jeans now that Cone is all made in Mexico and China? It seems all their $300+ price point jeans are Japan woven...does anyone know the Japan mill/manufacturer?

10. mrbig

mrbig Senior Member

I've been on the RRL denim train for years and I've only seen a handful of pairs of Cone. The vast majority of RRL rigid are the proprietary 15oz (or so) woven in Japan.

11. aquila49

aquila49 Senior Member

I see. Makes sense, but I actually like the "gravity" of the Cliftons.;)

12. SLCRich

SLCRich Distinguished Member

How much indigo is too much? Indigo polo with the limited edition indigo chinos

20190311_162550.jpg

13. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

Clifton boots. @Fenderplyr may have over stated it, but these are noticeably less comfortable than the Brunel boots. And it's not just due to the leather sole vs white sole. The Clifton leather is a lot stiffer and much less pliable. I've had these 4+ years and they're still not broken in. I figure at the rate I rotate through boots they should be fully broken in sometime in the 10 years.
    O-okY5HwRTmcjNcT8vgJcQ.jpg

14. hyunbin09

hyunbin09 Active Member

Love that look man! Raw denim shirt and raw denim jeans is a different story in my opinion(no hate). Like the way you paired the two together. Wish I got my hands on the limited chino

15. SLCRich

SLCRich Distinguished Member

This gives a better look at the indigo difference. I like this look more than the denim on denim of similar shades myself. The chinos are freaking awesome too. If you can score them, highly recommend

20190311_190633.jpg