• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
One can dream
fing02[1].gif

I'm told there are places where it's possible. Until then:
cheers.gif

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stu00a isn't a RRL vet, just a factory vet. He only started posting here recently. When he realized not long ago that there was a demand for RRL he changed his avatar to a RRL icon and has been posting (often the same question over and over..... and over) in this thread 5 times a day to keep his sell sig visible. I mean, it's just stating the obvious isn't it?

Oh it's you. I knew I remembered you from somewhere, posting every 6 months to trash talk good resellers. What a hater! The funny part is "demand for RRL" still isn't there, Polo outsells RRL 50 to1. I guess if we wanted to really be "exceptional" we wouldn't sell RRL at all when there is so much more money to be made selling Polo.

Do you really think resellers were like "Gee look at all this RRL sitting here at outlets.. better not touch it, Styleforum doesn't approve of it and demand for RRL just isn't there yet! Let me revisit this thread in 2 years and see if people are suddenly demanding it then I can decide if I am interested in reselling something as unexceptional as RRL that I know nothing about, because clearly the internet dresses me and the comeuppance of all reseller business' are solely based on the activity (or lack of) in the Official RRL thread!!"

Last edited:

captainshields

Reaction score
Just want to chime in to the **** show and give a +1 for Dave_SFU/sixfeetunderrecords.
He gets really cool stuff, is super reasonable with offers, and is just pleasant to work with.

Last edited:

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I've had no problems buying from the_denim_vault, nothing but excellent customer service and great attention to the details. Contrast that with some other sellers I've dealt with that provided careless, incorrect measurements and even sent out wrong items. Anyways, I think if anyone has issues please keep it to PM cause the last thing we need in this thread is another shitplosion.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back on topic, checked out new trousers and jeans today

@randomkoreandude white officer chino is super nice, off white selvedge fabric with lots of slub. Will be buying during first sale. Forgot to check if it has selvedge line

Indigo Clyde - feels like the cone mills duck but a little more raw, selvedge line. Probably will get

New olives - color seems really nice, denim good but not anything special. Like green so will probably get. Was told only 200 pairs? Not sure if accurate

Stf - really liked the denim and details, might have to buy this retail depending on stock

Limited edition herringbone ww2 grenadier trouser - liked the idea but just seems like bulky cargo, similar or same herringbone as last falls officer

Limited vest with ww2 fabric - SA showed it to me thought is was a pretty clean design

Camo limited edition stuff seemed a bit iffy and nothing special

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goldlabel is great, I often buy from them and flip, but their cheap prices are the reason they have very little RRL and focus on other brands. What does "its eBay" mean? Ebay isnt the flea market it used to be, better get used to paying good money for RRL if you are going to keep wearing it, or shop the annual sales. Why would anyone sell something for little profit if other buyers are willing to pay more? It doesnt make sense. Ive had countless buyers tell me they are poor college students or have a kid on the way and think that will get them discounts looking at $300 jeans. Sorry, live within your means, RL/RRL isnt for everyone. We are not walmart or amazon, little profits wont float 500k in inventory. Come off it with your liberal sensibilities.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
I picked up my Indigo Clydes last weekend but haven't been able to take any pics yet unfortunately. The fabric is gorgeous. I think you can get the same style in an off white fabric too. They're really hard to describe but they had little coloured flecks through them which was pretty cool. Looks like the indigo clydes are on the website now too.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...men_cs2_seeall&view=99&pg=1&parentPage=family

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love how every 50 or so pages in this thread someone starts bashing the ebay sellers as if they are personally offended by the fact that they are able to buy those things for less than they are selling them. Why not go to the Ralph Lauren stores and start ******** all over them for paying less than retail then having the audacity to try to make a profit?

Here is how I see it. If I see something for sale at a low price, and I believe someone would be willing to pay a higher price, I will buy it and try to make a little money. That is just smart business. As far as I am aware, all of these ebay resellers who are also members on the forum are totally awesome about giving better prices to forum members so long as they arent dick heads who are constantly calling them out on the forum.

Referencing the fact that SFU has stuff listed on ebay for a higher price than some of the other sellers is ridiculous because anyone who has been active in this thread for longer than a month knows that he has posted his reasoning multiple times now. I buy and sell a lot of camera equipment online and I always start by listing it higher than the price I actually want. More than once Ive had someone contact me and just pay the full asking price. That doesnt mean I ripped them off or that I scammed them. It means that they saw my price and thought it was worth paying and they paid me. It makes perfect sense to start like he does. Like he also has mentioned probably 40 times in this thread, he has a make an offer option which is there if you dont think his price is good enough for you.

If you think the RRL retail prices are too high, and the ebay RRL prices are too high, then maybe RRL just isn't the brand for you. There are plenty of less expensive clothing options for people like you. Try H&M for example. They sell shirts for $14 and sometimes have them on sale for $5.

King Leer

Reaction score

Just want to chime in to the **** show and give a +1 for Dave_SFU/sixfeetunderrecords.
He gets really cool stuff, is super reasonable with offers, and is just pleasant to work with.

I too want to give Dave_SFU a shout for being open to offers and doing business nice and quickly too. Not sure where all this hate is coming for eBay dudes - just the way it works...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads