• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spudnik99

Reaction score
Do any of the insiders know if there is a sweater coming for SS14 to match this Aran-Knit Watch Cap? If so, when?

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have the sunglass case and the matching card case. its really light aluminum htough so be careful. you can easily make dings in it but still pretty cool. im pretty rough with mine so just think of it as building character lol

jp2k1

Reaction score
I dont think i would ever wear it personally since i cant pull off orange, but that flight jacket is really cool.

Jacket is no where near as orange as it looks in that pic. Lots of fading. Very cool

meowmix1891

Reaction score
Goldlabel is great, I often buy from them and flip, but their cheap prices are the reason they have very little RRL and focus on other brands. What does "its eBay" mean? Ebay isnt the flea market it used to be, better get used to paying good money for RRL if you are going to keep wearing it, or shop the annual sales. Why would anyone sell something for little profit if other buyers are willing to pay more? It doesnt make sense. Ive had countless buyers tell me they are poor college students or have a kid on the way and think that will get them discounts looking at $300 jeans. Sorry, live within your means, RL/RRL isnt for everyone. We are not walmart or amazon, little profits wont float 500k in inventory. Come off it with your liberal sensibilities.
My opinion on this matter is that it is ok to maybe buy an extra item or two during a sale, things that you would like to try out, or you think your dad or brother might like. Then if it doesn't work out, you might sell it for a small profit, because why not right? But my beef is with those who are the first ones in line for a sale and clear out the entire inventory with the sole intention of flipping. Yea RRL isn't for everyone, but during a sale, isn't it possible that they would have been able to afford those $300 jeans during the annual sales, if they weren't immediately bought up by flippers?
I will be finishing up my residency and pulling 3rd molars soon. Average person in my field pulls 80-90 sets of thirds a month, with insurance reimbursing about $1500 per set. You do the math. I will definitely be able to afford RRL but it's not the sensible thing to fill my entire wardrobe up with full-priced RRL merchandise. I will wait for sales and pick up just a couple things on sale so as long as my store isn't hit by flippers.

Last edited:

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
My opinion on this matter is that it is ok to maybe buy an extra item or two during a sale, things that you would like to try out, or you think your dad or brother might like. Then if it doesn't work out, you might sell it for a small profit, because why not right? But my beef is with those who are the first ones in line for a sale and clear out the entire inventory with the sole intention of flipping. Yea RRL isn't for everyone, but during a sale, isn't it possible that they would have been able to afford those $300 jeans during the annual sales, if they weren't immediately bought up by flippers?
I will be finishing up my residency and pulling 3rd molars soon. Average person in my field pulls 80-90 sets of thirds a month, with insurance reimbursing about $1500 per set. You do the math. I will definitely be able to afford RRL but it's not the sensible thing to fill my entire wardrobe up with full-priced RRL merchandise. I will wait for sales and pick up just a couple things on sale so as long as my store isn't hit by flippers.

Most of what you said makes since, especially the last bit about picking up a few things here and there. Less, in my opinion, is more.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont think someone making 80x1500/mo would complain about flippers or wait till the final clearance until you buy something. The stuff sits on sale for weeks ..MONTHS even...until us greedy vultures get to it at outlets. First come first serve. If you are too lazy to get in line at 10am while someone flies cross country, then they are more deserving than you are. You have plenty of time to buy clothing if you really wanted to.

But hopefully once you start making 120,000 a month maybe you can finally afford some full priced RRL......Of course, nobody is more greedy to rip people off, than those who profit from other peoples agony and pain, so before you have a bone to pick with those doing something as trivial as flipping luxury clothing nobody even needs, look no further than your own aspirations and those in the medical field, to keep you up at night.

Last edited:

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dont think someone making 80x1500/mo would complain about flippers or wait till the final clearance until you buy something. The stuff sits on sale for weeks ..MONTHS even...until us greedy vultures get to it at outlets. First come first serve. If you are too lazy to get in line at 10am while someone flies cross country, then they are more deserving than you are. You have plenty of time to buy clothing if you really wanted to.

But hopefully once you start making 120,000 a month maybe you can finally afford some full priced RRL......Of course, nobody is more greedy to rip people off, than those who profit from other peoples agony and pain, so before you have a bone to pick with those doing something as trivial as flipping luxury clothing nobody even needs, look no further than your own aspirations and those in the medical field, to keep you up at night.

Are you seriously trying to shame someone for working in the medical field?

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you seriously still talking to me you little nilbog?

I know one thing, if I cleared $120k/mo, I would have no problem dropping 50k on a brand new full priced RRL wardrobe. I certainly wouldnt come to a fashion forum to cry about resellers!

What I think about people in the medical community isnt important, lets get back on topic... RRL.

Last edited:

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you seriously still talking to me you little goblin?

I know one thing, if I cleared $120k/mo, I would have no problem dropping 50k on a brand new full priced RRL wardrobe. I certainly wouldnt come to a fashion forum to cry about resellers!

What I think about people in the medical community isnt important, lets get back on topic... RRL.

:lol:

He already said money isn't the issue. He thinks it's in unfair when seller's scoop everything up without giving others a chance. He's not alone in that view which is why some places sometimes enact purchase limits, but you know how to get around those which you've detailed in the past. Just cause you can do something doesn't mean it's in good taste or considerate of others. Are you saying you don't check outlets daily to keep your inventory full and only casually pick up items when you get a chance? Seems doubtful at your volume at "the_denim_vault" and from what you've wrote. But hey I'm just a poor and he's a profiter of pain. What do we know about clothes? :)

There is no 5 per customer PSR rule. If a manager restricts you can write to corporate and get the royal treatment. This is how sellers like the ones listed above are able to buy 1000s of items a month from the clearance section. Of course if there is a 5 per person rule you can always bring friends and family, or come at different times of the day but if you want to argue about it, there are ways to get results without the need of relying on semantics. I have never heard of a manager not allowing the purchase PSR at all or banning someone for buying PSR. There is no grounds for a ban, unless you tried to shoplift or smell really bad or start fights with customers. There are laws for consumers they have to follow. They can try to implement a limit but they can't prevent you from purchasing. The WORST they can say is "5 tops 5 bottoms, see you again tomorrow, have a nice day"  If you get hostile treatment contact corporate immediately with the name of the manager (usually Loss Prevention is above the Store Manager.) Some sellers have family members and friends in high places at factory stores and they hoard it for them and will alert them to new arrivals and then receive compensation. I know this happens personally.

Last edited:

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do any of the insiders know if there is a sweater coming for SS14 to match this Aran-Knit Watch Cap? If so, when?

I'm no insider but RRL seems to release the aran/cable knit sweaters very often so I'd be patient. I'm sure one will appear again.

Last edited:

meowmix1891

Reaction score

I understand that is the way you make a living, and you gotta do what you gotta do to make a living. But no, people in the medical field are NOT out to rip you off. If anything, they should be much more respected because they give up so much, and go through so much to help people. With the amount of work we do, if we were in it for the money, we would enter the business field. Do you think you have the balls to borrow half a million dollars (which takes a miliion dollars to pay back), go through years of endless sleepless nights, just to be able to help people in the end? Also, I'm sure you've delt with taxes, and loans, but yeah, doctors go through a HELL lot more stress than you think in paying everything off, and you would actually be very surprised how much they are left with after all is said and done. Yet, they get trashed on more than other careers that don't contribute anything to society. Yes, I will be able to afford RRL full price, but no I will not use my hard-earned money and blow it on full-price merchandise or a new wardrobe. That is just not a sensible way to use my money. I'm sure others can relate. We wait for sales and buy a couple things that we really really like, and that's only if the price is right too. So yes, I do understand that this is how you may provide food to your family's table, but please don't give me that nonsense in my being too lazy to wait in line, or whatnot. We actually have jobs and we're trying to contribute to society.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a day job and contribute to society just as you are trying to do. So you are in huge debt, cry me a river. If you are such a humanitarian move to india and heal people for 50 a day. You would still live a great life and the best part is you dont have to repay those outrageously large student loans. Obviously in America, living beyond your means and scamming insurance is the way to go and the new American Dream, thats why healthcare is in the mess its in today, and 1 night in the ER costs 5 grand and 2 grand to pull a tooth but I digress. Obviously, outlet vultures are the bad guys here.

And one more thing, the forum hero silvio does the same thing I do but on a scale 10x bigger, nobody seems to have a problem with him making huge profit because he gives bigger discounts. So the hate for resellers mostly stems from entitlement issues, jealousy and spite. At the end of the day silvio is still screwing thousands of hard working muricans out of the outlet finds of their dreams.. And laughing all the way to the bank!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics