1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Damn, just now saw that my Brooks wash order was cancelled due to out of stock. Oh well, saves me some money.

2. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

I'm getting irritated with the salesperson I've been texting with at that store. I asked about a bunch of stuff when they opened, and I still haven't heard back about my size or prices. By now my sizes will be gone and they won't have anything available for me.

Might be time to call another store. My loyalty only goes so far.

3. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I've had an ordered canceled. There was one item left and I selected free standard shipping. I called customer service and they said express shipping orders get priority over standard shipping orders, so I most likely got bumped. If there are low quantities, always do express shipping.

I feel the same way. My SA contact has not been responding to my emails. I will most likely order online since the prices are very similar to the store this time around.

4. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

Over half the stuff I asked for prices and sizes for at 10am is now gone according to the website. I'm pissed. I would have just ordered from the website, but I get the impression ordering from the stores you get a better price.

This is the part about RRL that chaps my ass.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  5. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Any sizing guidance/help (maybe even measurements from a current owner...?) on the Limited Edition Black Denim Jacket? I'm eyeing a Large. Is the fit slim, boxy, way off? Thx.

6. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Yeah, when I ordered the website said only one left. I'm guessing it was already gone when I ordered and they just didn't update accordingly. Sucks but no big deal, I didn't really need the denim anyway.

7. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

I own this jacket and like it a great deal. I wear a Medium and the jacket is fairly true to size; not overly slim or boxy.

Here are the measurements for size Medium. Hopefully you can use these numbers to gauge the fit of a Large.

Chest (armpit to armpit): 21"
    Shoulders (shoulder seam to shoulder seam): 18"
    Sleeve (shoulder seam to cuff): 25.5"
    Length (collar to hem, front & back): 24.75"

Nice, thick denim but not too rigid.

BTW, I tend to ignore the measurements RRL provides—they are invariably wrong.

1 person likes this.
  9. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Huge help.
    Order placed (also added a LE t-shirt and a pair of chinos).
    Many thanks!

10. gnu

gnu Senior member

Anyone have the new clydes in the carhart brown? I was wondering what the fabric was like, if its a duck canvas like caharts or more of a twill like the officer chinos?

11. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

I just saw these today in store. It is more twill-like.

12. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Hey do any of you guys get your officer chinos/clydes hemmed to get rid of the cuffs?
    I'm thinking of getting my next pair tapered and hemmed. Cuffs just make my average length legs look short.

13. rrlHEAD

rrlHEAD Active Member

[​IMG]

RЯL Rigid Officer's Chinos, Rollins Belt, Surveyor Wallet, Western Shirt.

14. dukarelli

dukarelli Active Member

just got my rigid khaki pair hemmed about to the ankle and tapered. have had others hemmed and not tapered and others I have left as is and just cuffed. aside from rrl denim, the O F C are my favorite pants. just ordered a pair of the Rummel cords.. can anyone comment on the fit? saw them in store but decided to wait for price drop and glad I did!

15. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

good to know, save me the trouble...

16. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

I've just come back from Woodbury premium outlets. RL store actually carried quite lots of RRL items. I didn't buy any of them as all of them were not my size. Bags were really nice and prices were really good too (60-70% off retail).

And I happened to find RRL store in Brooklyn. It is located near Mast brothers chocolate store. This was a good surprise as I didn't expect to see it in Brooklyn. Guy at this store told me that Woodbury doesn't have any of RRL items though...

17. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

from a strictly function standpoint, how would the RRL Adney oilcloth parka stand up to a woolrich John rich & bros. arctic parka?

I ordered the blanket lined arctic parka from club Monoco for 50% of the $1200 asking price and it seems really nice, however the adney looks more my style. When buying strictly for warmth/winter functionality which would be better?

18. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

Anybody going there again and planning on proxying some stuff? Please pm

19. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I had mine slimmed and shortened but left the cuffs on them.....

20. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

What was the sizing looking like