• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What cut is similar to the APC petit standard? I like the room in the thighs but like a small leg opening.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not totally happy with this photo as I don't think it does them justice, but a pic of the once washed slim fits which I purchased at the RL store in DC last weekend (which was a pretty pleasant experience, down to the handwritten thank you note I received in the mail from the SA yesterday). I was happy to pay retail for such a nice product and good sales experience. I hardly ever buy anything in person anymore so it was a nice change of pace...

2acbb10e.jpg

As stevent just mentioned re; RRL jeans, they don't have too much of a taper even in the slims. I like a lot of stacking...these provide just enough. Got a 32" length at 5'8" and I think thats pretty ideal with this model. I found them to actually fit pretty tts in the waist (haven't measured, tho) and got a 29. They'll probably wind up stretching and I'll regret not getting a 28, but for now, a perfect fit in the waist. I've read these are 'raw' denim for all intents and purposes and I can wear them as I would a pair of raw selvedge and expect fades. They don't seem very susceptible to fades, but hopefully I'm proven wrong.

The only other item I was interested in looking at were the RRL chinos (regular ones, not selvedge/officer)....but....they just seemed way too similar to the RL khakis I would have as a kid (e.g. that ever so slightly distressed hem....mediocre fabric, hardware, and details). I think you're paying a lot for that double rl stamp in the waist band with those ones. Glad i checked them out in person and didn't just order online. I would like to find a 29 in the officer/selvedge though.

rrl denim, highly recommended.. :thumbs-up:

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The $185 brown/beige RRL chinos are very minimalist and don't think anyone is intended to be blown away by their fabric or construction, however, they're still nicer than your run of the mill $129 polo chinos or $79 rugby chinos. The best RRL chinos are the olive ones from last year with the rusty riveted button fly.

Also you should have def gone with the 28w on those jeans, maybe you can still get an exchange.

el duderino

Reaction score

RaggMan

Reaction score
Love the RRL Once Washed Slim Fit jeans....heres mine after 1+ year worth of wear. I'm 6"1" 195lbs jeans are 33x32's. Agreed with the RRL Slim fit vs APC PS - these are no where near as slim a fit as the PS but the denim is far more superior in quality IMO.

I don't really like the RRL Raw Slims - these are the way to go if any cares to partake in RRL for the first time. (pardon the pics, these were from my recent RRL fire sale)

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's ready for president's day sale extravaganzas?

barney's outlet up to 30% off everything in stores. they had some RRL last time I was there last week.

also polo outlets get 20% off. YMMV on RRL

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the RRL Once Washed Slim Fit jeans....heres mine after 1+ year worth of wear. I'm 6"1" 195lbs jeans are 33x32's. Agreed with the RRL Slim fit vs APC PS - these are no where near as slim a fit as the PS but the denim is far more superior in quality IMO.

I don't really like the RRL Raw Slims - these are the way to go if any cares to partake in RRL for the first time. (pardon the pics, these were from my recent RRL fire sale)

nice fades, would love to see the progress after 2 years. I agree RRL raw/rinse denim is much higher quality, but APC still the best beginner raw denim because they're extremely easy to break in and fade.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RaggMan - how many washes have those had over the time you've worn them? I like the look, nice general fading and not too much contrast (which I don't care for).

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of you considering ordering the denim chinos without being able to try on, these are my measurements of a 30 waist, BiG style
Waist - 16.75" (could be 17" if I add more tension)
Front rise - 11"
Back Rise - 15"
Thigh - 10.75 ~ 11"
Leg opening - 8"
And my thoughts on these running oversized from typical officer chino fit were confirmed by RRL. These are at least a size larger than they should be. I can basically slide mine off without unbuttoning them

Received mine today.
Just a few comments....

Luckily my waist measured BIG style is only 16.5". These are def running 3 sizes larger than tagged.

Also the rise on these is 1" higher than the regular & selvedge officer chinos.

Dynamics

Reaction score
Those RRL olive denim pants that were on sale at Barneys still around anywhere? looking to help a friend obtain a pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads